don't click here

Any interest in a sonic superplay vid?

Print

Author Topic: Any interest in a sonic superplay vid?  (Read 6743 times)

Offline sega_nut

« on: February 22, 2004, 07:30:40 pm »
Not too long ago a Tekken player in Japan made a couple of videos of himself beating mega man 2 and smb3 using an emulator. These videos got spread around the web quickly but without the knowledge that an emulator with savestates, slowdown and re-doable recording was used. It seems that these speed runs, gltich fests and skill demonstrations have gotten popular for many games; check out this link for some examples:

http://www.infowire.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1131

My question is, why the hell hasn't anyone done this with any Sonic games yet!? Just going off of memory there are a TON of glitches and tricks in the games you could use to makes some pretty amazing videos. Oh and of course the fact that the entire point of the game is SPEED! I see some impressive times and videos here but what is the quickest time you could complete Sonic 1? It would be interesting to see someone make a video that showed a perfect run through of Sonic 1 (or 2 or 3), or a run through getting as many possible rings/items/emeralds showing all the tricks and glitches that can be done.

Anyone here interested in doing such a thing? Is there any other place I could get a better response for something like this?

Thanks

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 07:50:21 pm »
I would, if not for the glut of disk space that all those re-records would take up.

Offline Steganos

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 01:50:36 am »
The famtasia emulator can record keypresses into movies. So he made a famtasia movie, and the converted it.

Offline Cybrax

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 05:35:49 pm »
Yes, I would love to see a classic sonic the hedgehog 1 full game speed run.

ooone more thing, we dont have a hoster to put that big of a vid on there
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 11:39:53 pm by Cybrax »

Offline FoxLuc

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 03:59:07 pm »
Yep, let's record some Sonic Movie!
The only thing that can stop us is flat tire.

Print

Hits: 174 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1020.96 KB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.