don't click here

Sonic Rush (and now Shadow!) is live

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Rush (and now Shadow!) is live  (Read 14692 times)

Offline Rolken

« on: November 22, 2005, 04:06:13 am »
Time, TA and Boss categories for Sonic Rush divided by Sonic / Blaze are up.
Time category for Shadow is up.

Update 12/2: Score/Rings/Boss are up for all except Shadow Rings, for which I'm contemplating making a single division for each level. Pro/nay commentary encouraged.

Get to TAing! =P
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 04:54:23 pm by Rolken »
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 11:49:06 am »
I'm pro different divisions.

Does it say what character you achieved the time in like Advance 3, or are we going to have to rely on memory/writing? Or by that do you mean "definitely not?"

Does anyone else besides you and SWedge even have Rush? >_>;
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 12:27:00 pm »
I'll probably get Rush by Christmas althought I won't compete seriously in it. I gotta get cracking on Shadow. I've still got three more endings to get (two hero ones and the final ending), and a bunch of missions to complete.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 05:09:51 pm »
Why not rank the way we've ranked every other game? The way the game does it

The only exception I can think of is advance 3, but that's only because you were desperate to get competition on it started, and now look at it, it's floating around like a dead duck that nobody gives a crap about :o

Just rank it exactly the way the game does, unless there is really enough difference between Sonic and Blaze to consider them for 2 seperate categories, but I wouldn't know (and I probably never will :( )

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 05:34:22 pm »
Why not rank the way we've ranked every other game? The way the game does it

The only exception I can think of is advance 3, but that's only because you were desperate to get competition on it started, and now look at it, it's floating around like a dead duck that nobody gives a crap about :o

Just rank it exactly the way the game does, unless there is really enough difference between Sonic and Blaze to consider them for 2 seperate categories, but I wouldn't know (and I probably never will :( )
[snapback]7602[/snapback]

I'm reliably informed there is a considerable difference.

Rush BETTER arrive tomorrow.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Shadow Wedge

• Unofficial never-be-first for SAdv
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
    • View Profile
    • http://IT DON'T EXIST ANYMORE
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 07:26:16 pm »
Well, the game only tracks the high scores best times for both in one table, and the only difference I've seen between Sonic and Blaze is that Blaze's up+R move shoots her up higher. But I've no idea if there are any level differences (I've not played much of Blaze's story), so I can't comment yet.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 07:27:54 pm by Shadow Wedge »
<3 Sonic Rush, Sonic Riders, Sonic Rivals. Rolko-style encoding: StH JJ1 Tal+++! $++++ GM
Yes it's correct, that ! is there.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 07:46:38 pm »
Pretty much the only functional difference I've seen is Blaze's up-R move. Maybe there's some subtle physics differences I haven't played enough to notice.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 01:14:48 pm by Rolken »

Offline Rolken

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 01:15:01 pm »
I apparently forgot how Blaze worked. Though her moves are "the same", there's rather different physics behind all of them.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 02:56:27 pm »
Different divisions would be nice. I see a difference between Blaze and Sonic during gameplay, even though it's not as apparent as others.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 06:15:04 am »
YARR! Shadow be up!

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 12:15:13 am »
As far as I know, all of the final bosses are identical (with very minor exceptions to what weapons you get) so they can be fused into one division. The Black Bull and GUN bosses are quite different in terms of their environment, requiring some different tactics. The only boss I'm iffy about is Egg Breaker (Mad Matrix) although the other forms are different enough to warrent their own entries. Speaking of adding new divisions, when will SAdav 3 unidivision be up? There's no way to register Devil Doom's (and Last Way) times so those divisions are unnessecary. This game doesn't tabulate rings. The score division should have the same weight that's been discussed for score attack weights for the 3d games.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 12:15:40 am by magnum12 »

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 03:12:44 am »
As far as I know, all of the final bosses are identical (with very minor exceptions to what weapons you get) so they can be fused into one division. The Black Bull and GUN bosses are quite different in terms of their environment, requiring some different tactics. The only boss I'm iffy about is Egg Breaker (Mad Matrix) although the other forms are different enough to warrent their own entries. Speaking of adding new divisions, when will SAdav 3 unidivision be up? There's no way to register Devil Doom's (and Last Way) times so those divisions are unnessecary. This game doesn't tabulate rings. The score division should have the same weight that's been discussed for score attack weights for the 3d games.
[snapback]7786[/snapback]

What weapons you get = huge difference.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 08:53:39 am »
There's no way to register Devil Doom's (and Last Way) times so those divisions are unnessecary. This game doesn't tabulate rings. The score division should have the same weight that's been discussed for score attack weights for the 3d games.

Going by that logic, Perfect Chaos/FinalHazard/Metal Madness should be taken down, as should SA2:B's Green Hill, and SA2:B and DX's Bosses, as the game doesnt save them (Individually atleast).

There necessary :o

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 11:59:28 am »
There's no way to register Devil Doom's (and Last Way) times so those divisions are unnessecary. This game doesn't tabulate rings. The score division should have the same weight that's been discussed for score attack weights for the 3d games.

Going by that logic, Perfect Chaos/FinalHazard/Metal Madness should be taken down, as should SA2:B's Green Hill, and SA2:B and DX's Bosses, as the game doesnt save them (Individually atleast).

There necessary :o
[snapback]7792[/snapback]

Actually, Metal Madness times are recorded.

But wtf at no way? Its not like those levels don't have a timer. And they stay on the screen for a good while after they stop, I'd say. I have my first times written down easily. LAME.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2005, 12:43:07 pm »
Actually, Metal Madness times are recorded.
[snapback]7797[/snapback]

Quiet you, I forget D:

Also I forgot to write mine down....not like it takes long to skip a few cutscenes, and beat an easy level and boss mind.

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 08:54:00 pm »
I must of not been paying attention after clearing Last Way and Devil Doom (too busy watching the plot unfold after clearing them for the first time). *Rushes to get some times ready.* In regards to bosses being the same yet having their own divisions due to different weapons, you do have a point. After all, similar logic is used in our classification of Sonic Heroes boss times, so there is a precedent to do such a thing. Most likely, the boss variants that have the Black Arms weaponry (the red rifle like weapon is great) or rapid fire weapons (applies to one of the earlier Egg Breaker variants and is due to overall higher damage per second ratings, depending on the weapon) will have the best times.

Offline PsyMar

• Really going to play Sonic again. Someday.
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2005, 01:35:44 am »
For the record, I'm against shadow Ring charts.  I don't really like ring charts on the other games but I know those aren't coming down, but let's not put them up since the game doesn't record them.  Especially since at least one level has a built in limit (400 on circus park)
Let me tell you something about the human race. You put a mysterious blue box slap-bang in the middle of town, whadda you do? Walk past it.

"When you're going through hell, keep going." -- Winston Churchill

Print

Hits: 654 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.13 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.