Welcome Center > News and Updates

New Heaven, New Earth. Introducing a new site rule

<< < (3/4) > >>

Eco Kenneth Nathan:
Since this new rule of requiring a video for world records begins to expand sometime, I plan to add videos up to the top 3 if my stats is in that point on the rankings, I am thinking ahead so I follow the rule even it evolves.

Chimaru98:
I would say it makes sense, to have video proof for first-place stats - it's always useful when the record of a stage has a video so you can work more easily to beat it, and it's probably for the best that it's now a requirement so you know there are no fake stats.

However, I am still kind of unhappy with this new introduction - possibly due to that I submit photo proof for all of my stats already, and my previous attempts at spending money on and using video capturing equipment have all failed miserably, so this restricts my progress on certain stats and championships. Feels kind of like one of those "freemium" games where you have to spend money to be allowed past a certain point? Not to mention if someone happens to break a site record while not recording (as could probably easily happen especially on mobile games! Which are the thing I play most on this site!)

I appear to be in the minority on this issue though, so whatever works for the good of the site?

This rule change has a lot of interesting consequences, though. If I, for instance, got a ring stat that tied for record but with only photo proof (which under the new rule would be insufficient) would I need to submit my score as one ring less than that, or would that, as a fake stat, be treated as invalid, even if I have achieved better? one may be able to tell im not especially happy with the rule change

Eco Kenneth Nathan:
No more keeping secrets away from worldwide players ( shortcuts found, strats ) in runs that used to be without videos. Everyone should get in on the action of SCs & strategies those people found and used.

Zeupar:

--- Quote from: Brian on January 02, 2017, 08:08:10 am ---Speaking of the future, do you guys have backups? I mean, if anything bad happens all of a sudden, will any stat or the videos that are hosted on TSC itself get lost?

--- End quote ---

We do, don't worry. The last one is a few weeks old, but Gerbil is looking into possibly making a new one this week.

--- Quote from: TimpZ on January 02, 2017, 09:40:08 am ---Does this mean that if you do a run on an emulator that you are required to use one with rerecording functions?
--- End quote ---

No. Ideally, people would submit .giz files for Genesis games, for example. But I see where my wording wasn't clear.

--- Quote ---When it comes to asking for coding help, could you please post more specifics and details about what you want to do?

--- End quote ---

Several things, but the top priority would be revamping chart design to accommodate new features. We would need someone acquaintanced with PHP, MySQL and database structures.

--- Quote from: Chimaru98 on January 14, 2017, 11:33:32 am ---If I, for instance, got a ring stat that tied for record but with only photo proof (which under the new rule would be insufficient) would I need to submit my score as one ring less than that, or would that, as a fake stat, be treated as invalid, even if I have achieved better?
--- End quote ---

In that case, I think the most sensible thing to do would be not submitting to the chart in question at all.

Staf:
So does every previous first place record need to get a video uploaded to it? No grandfathering?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version