Sonic Central > TSC Race Night

Race Night feedback for 2014!

<< < (2/6) > >>

Connor Marini:

--- Quote from: Kirbymon30 on November 25, 2013, 04:47:25 pm ---There used to be an unofficial TSC from what I heard, which included both hacks and fangames. If fangames/hacks were to have leaderboards again, that board would probably get revived as well.

--- End quote ---

Speaking of the unofficial soniccenter, when it will it be introduced again? Not that it matters.

Connor Marini:
Thanks for telling me because I'm really looking forward to seeing it 1 day.

TimpZ:
One thing I must say I dislike about RN is the fact that it is at Saturday at 10pm for me. I know we've discussed the time before but I have to dedicate the entire saturday evening for it which also means that I can't join around half of them because I'm either visiting my mom or I want to meet up with a friend or go out etc.

When I can make it, I'd love having a closer group to do more races with since some races take half an hour and then everyone sprawls off doing other things while I sit at home doing nothing a saturday evening. That in itself is not a complaint about RN however since I realise it's more of a personal matter, but it would definitely make me want to join a bit more if we did more races or played online games together afterwards as a sort of afterparty.

I'd also like to see more of games that are multi-platform or easy to get a hold of and less of games that might be for example PS3 exclusive as it cuts off everyone without access to them. While it's not a problem when it comes to races in general I myself could not join the anniversary race because of this for example.

One of the best RN I had was SA All stories. It took me 5 hours and I had a blast with the skype call. I'd like to see longer categories or multiple-game races like this such as Genesis trilogy or perhaps Shadow all endings for random RN's.

For example with the S2 race last week I wanted to be able to perform well, but knuckles was chosen and I had only a few hours to prepare. At least when the categories differ as vastly like that I could do with having an earlier vote cutting point by a day or two.

This is also not a complaint, but there's so many goddamn Sonic games. I personally would think it was cool if we had a small list of the most popular and easily accessible Sonic games (e.g. S1, S3K, SA2B and Generations) which we could do for example: Have it on sunday, 1 game for all 4 weeks of the month and make it more of a competitive thing like the weekly AlttP or Bingo races. Alternatively we could have the same game every week for a month then rotate between months. Or something of that sorts, you get my point.

That is all I can think of right now.

Werey:
If we had the same game 4 times in a month, I bet people will get even more tired out with the games.

My only complaints, from when I do join them is how long it takes us to start. Even when we set time limits (which shouldn't even be there considering it's a 10pm start) people still consistently take even longer, while still "joined" preventing us from all starting. You need to get a proper timing system up, and if you do choose to extend the starting period, make sure we have an understanding with one of the SRL mods to remove them from the race if they repeatedly delay the start time. At this point after a year, the people over at SRL know it's a frequent thing so I'm sure they'd be able to help us out a little right?

That and people voting that don't even race. I understand voting and not being able to make it on the night, but voting because you want to see a certain race with no intentions of joining makes it a tad unfair to the other voters (even if the margin is considerably larger).

I've started to race less and less because I personally don't like the Hack nights and I'm not big on the 2D games so I only ever race certain 3D games. I would however be more likely to join if we had more 2D/3D mixed nights like we did with the special race night to give a bit of variety.

TimpZ:
I agree with the latecomers Werey, but I think you misunderstood what I meant with the popular games. What I meant was that after, before or even another day to host some weekly races for popular games to increase the competition. RN right now is a lot of games with lots of people that either never played them or are bad at them and the ones that win are usually people that either do run the games or practised in beforehand just for the race.

There are weekly races for a lot of games, Ocarina of Time, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past... I don't see why TSC couldn't hostfor example a monthly SA2 race in addition to the normal race nights in order to promote actual competition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version