don't click here

The Official Guides/Videos Feedback Topic

Print

Author Topic: The Official Guides/Videos Feedback Topic  (Read 60190 times)

Offline F-Man

Re: The Official Guides/Videos Feedback Topic
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2006, 03:15:06 pm »
I thought overshooting the grass was intentional, cause I felt persuaded spindashing down was faster than a bounce attack. (I guess it isn't because you don't land as close to the stairs with a spindash?)

Not sure if I'm right in saying it is the best video. But to me it is, because City Escape has been the hardest level to TA for me, and yet you got it one segment, 8 seconds faster than my previous record that was already amazing to many people.

I have 84 "No. of PLAYs" on M1, but would definitely have over 200 if I had quit when I had no life left instead of always collecting 100 rings to gain lives.

Offline X-5

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2006, 03:51:33 pm »
I don't know if you've seen my 1:50 on hard mode or not, but during the building fall I was able to make sonic take up the whole screen, it's random when it happens but if it does he falls in about 4.5 seconds instead of 6, which is faster than the building could ever be(6 second fall is about the same as spindashing down the building)

Your 1:50 run is really way better than you think, considering you did without spindashing down the roads,(at the beginning and at the truck) which adds so much luck that it would be impossible to get a flawless run. I just copied your movie exactly and could only do 1:52.

I think you should play it a few times when your bored one day, copying what I did and I guarantee you'd beat 1:50 by quite a bit without much effort, since the luck factor in my movie would probably be 1/20, whereas on yours a perfect run would be 1/1,000,000.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 10:52:26 pm by ParaGod »

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2006, 10:54:48 pm »
As low as 1'40" is possible? Wow. There must be a lot I don't know about.
Back when there were times under 2 minutes, I figured that the best runs had very lucky
(or well-aimed) rolling near the end. (I've almost done it without bouncing, but I'd still be over
2 minutes if I put that in a time-attack run.) But then, I'm not a serious SA2 player, and I
haven't done much time-attacking or glitching, besides some Sonic/Shadow M1 times
and that Cannon's Core Knuckles glitch I found (which is probably what everyone uses).

Oh, and I demand that you change that message above your avatar to "1337 at 3D".  :P
I didn't notice that you were in SA until a few days ago, but you're good at that, too.
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007, 01:56:51 am »
I'm not sure if this is where to post this, but Paragod's Radical Highway Mission 1 video is linked improperly.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2007, 12:30:48 pm »
I'm not sure if this is where to post this, but Paragod's Radical Highway Mission 1 video is linked improperly.
Fixed.

To anyone curious: using apostrophes in your file names isn't a good idea.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 12:40:21 pm by F-Man »

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2007, 01:08:36 pm »
more like both RH vids fail.  also anything paragod had with myfilehut doesn't work either.  also the lost prologue vid in the SSR vids is linked incorrectly.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Blaiken

• Tipo Guy
  • TSC Profile
  • My eh-ish recolour of Blaziken, Blaiken.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2007, 02:39:06 pm »
The RH vid still doesn't work (M1). It just leads back to the page where you choose the game for videos since it doens't have a file...kind...thingy. (As in wmv, avi, etc.)
Call me Blaiken. That is all I ask. *lacks something random for the sig*

Offline F-Man

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2007, 04:10:38 pm »
K. I had no problem in my skin because attributes are double quoted. A single quote (ie. an apostrophe) closed the attribute in other skins, making the file name end early. I replaced the "it'll" part to "it will" and now it should hopefully work for everyone. I'll say it again, apostrophes are a baaad idea.

For M2, the URL exceeds the 255 character limit so it got truncated. If paragod used regular spaces instead of %20, it would probably have been fine. There's no way to fix it unless he tells what the complete URL is.

All his other myfilehut vids work fine.

Offline X-5

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007, 02:01:59 pm »
I should of just left cybrax's videos alone, instead of making all this trouble for everyone, hell the quality of my direct-tsc uploaded videos are ridiculous because of the stupid 10 mb limit :/

I re-uploaded Radical highway M5, and F-man fixed M1(thanks, I had no idea a ' would cause a glitch, i'll keep that in mind, along with the long file name thing) are there any others that are broken? Other than Sky Rail M5, Seaside hill/rose and bullet station/rose because the site I uploaded them to is stupid and doesn't know how to store a file properly, so they're gone forever

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007, 05:54:15 pm »
paragod dont start this emo mess.  theres a number of reasons why we are complaining, but this time is because I want to see them badly.

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Offline X-5

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2007, 06:02:59 am »
i just fixed my ce video and radical highway 5 (yet again) so im posting here so the admins know to delete the old ones. also I accidently uploaded CE to metal harbor at m1 at first I dunno why i guess im stupid or tired or something but you should delete that one too sorry to cause all the trouble but I think this is the last time you will have to deal with deleting my obsoleted videos =)

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2007, 08:12:33 pm »
Hmm... it looks like some random videos end up going down every now and then. Most of the ones in the Sonic Heroes section are fine.

But faster, oh yeah they can be some of them.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2007, 01:34:29 pm »
I uploaded my first video to the site. Sonic Chaos, Gigalopolis 1. Does it work?
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline X-5

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2007, 12:41:53 pm »
Big movie deletion request, dead videos only anger people i'm sure so why keep them here?

SADX:

Emerald coast/Sonic: Dead- S3k should upload 0:59/1:00:1:01/whatever someday anyway.
Windy Valley/Sonic: Dead, mega sucky n00b route
Speed Highway/Sonic: Dead, obsoleted by S3K

SA2B:

City Escape Mission 2, Mission 3, and Mission 5 Score Attack: all long dead, I can fix M5 with 29.260k.

Metal Harbor Mission 2: Dead, I can fix this one afterwards though.

Weapons bed Mission 1: Dead, Bad route anyway. If I ever get 1:25 i'll upload that.

Sky Rail M5: way dead, mega sucky run.

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2007, 01:40:39 pm »
S3k should upload 0:59/1:00:1:01/whatever someday anyway.

That's why Rolk should fix the new videos reporting system. <_<
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline Paused

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2008, 12:50:11 pm »
Paragod's recent M1 Crazy Gadget video does not seem to work.

Edit;  Ah nvm, there are 2 of them.  You can all stop the mad rush to answer now.  Though still might to remove the redundant dead link when your cleaning house next.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 08:26:10 pm by Paused »

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2009, 02:21:13 am »
Sonic Heroes vids:  Obsolete

Seaside Hill    Times    Sonic    Azure    24 / 128    3:12:54    Embedded    ---    ---    04-29-08

Grand Metropolis    Times    Dark    yoshifan    4 / 93    3:29:00    Video    ---    ---    10-22-05

Power Plant    Times    Rose    knuckles_sonic8    24 / 97    1:46:20    Video    ---    ---    11-08-06

Power Plant    Extra    Chaotix    Shadow Jacky    1 / 51    3:03:79    Embedded    ---    ---    12-22-08

Rail Canyon    Times    Dark    yoshifan    11 / 79    3:43:09    Video    ---    ---    10-23-05

Frog Forest    Rings    Sonic    knuckles_sonic8    8 / 66    370    Video    ---    ---    01-25-07

Mystic Mansion    Times    Dark    Shadow Jacky    3 / 70    3:28:56    Video    H.264 / MP3    19.04 MB    01-21-07

Mystic Mansion    Times    Rose    Paragod    8 / 89    1:14:60    Video    ---    ---    12-29-06

Mystic Mansion    Extra    Chaotix    Shadow Jacky    2 / 36    5:39:13    Video    H.264 / MP3    22.91 MB    01-21-07

Metal Madness    Bosses    Sonic    elecmouse101    38 / 70    5:23:01    Embedded    ---    ---    07-15-08

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2009, 07:12:20 pm »
hey if i want to get a good quality run, i should record it through DVR right?

But the question is, if i keep pausing on the DVR, or stop, will it connect all the trial and errors i do? I really don't think I can get the "perfect run" in one run. I would hate to waste a dvd if i can't separate the different runs on the computure.

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2009, 07:18:07 pm »
You cannot piece together a recording to upload.  You can only put up videos of a single run.

With that said, I'm looking forward to seeing EggmanLand Wii getting trounced even more so than Shizzlee's video.  Oh, and your 3'30 one.
Hi

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • TSC: Cyan Ryan
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2009, 09:12:50 pm »
Windy Valley/Sonic: Dead, mega sucky n00b route
This doesn't apply to me (not anymore anyway lolol), but "mega sucky n00b routes" are what people take when they just plain don't have the skill/patience/luck/whatever to do the pro routes.

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2009, 07:03:11 pm »
You cannot piece together a recording to upload.  You can only put up videos of a single run.

With that said, I'm looking forward to seeing EggmanLand Wii getting trounced even more so than Shizzlee's video.  Oh, and your 3'30 one.

I have no intention of piecing together different runs.  It's just that the method of recording I did before was through the memory card of an old camera.  What that did was that every time I messed up a run, I can just stop recording, and the next run I do, it gets saved as a separate file from the other runs.  I just wanted to know if a DVR has that same capabilities.  But I'm not sure if it saves the different runs as a single file or separate files for each run.

The 3'30 run took about 15 tries before I got it, and it was still a relatively safe run to say.  I just wanted to get through without taking too many risks (ex. boosts).

My new record 3'18 took about 3 hours to finally get the run through and it was still a relatively safe run too. I had to master new shortcuts on the go while still looking for new shortcuts as well.

I want to capture an absolutely perfect all risk run in good quality for everyone to enjoy.

Print

Hits: 331 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.20 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.