don't click here

Right, so here's a Sonic R question.

Print

Author Topic: Right, so here's a Sonic R question.  (Read 7822 times)

Offline Sciz CT

« on: August 18, 2005, 11:09:20 pm »
Do the times in the Sonic R rankings go by the Grand Prix mode or Time Attack? The rules say that TA should be used when available, but the some of the times I'm seeing up there are *only* possible with the shortcuts available in GP.

Clarification please?
"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." - Frank Zappa

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 11:24:34 pm »
The official ruling right now is that you can use either method, but of course the fastest method (in this case Grand Prix) will be used to get anywhere near the top.

Offline Sciz CT

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 12:25:29 am »
Ok, thanks. I was worried that I sucked a lot more than I thought I did for a while there.
"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." - Frank Zappa

Offline SprintGod

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 12:31:08 am »
The divisions for this game are due to be reorganised soon. If extra divisions are created, the existing records will probably be renamed to Grand Prix/Super Sonic, since those times are almost always faster.

The only exception I'm aware of is Radical City/Reverse, where you can jump through a wall to cut out half of the track. I'd put off submitting that time for now, since it'd make any changes a bit more awkward.
If you don't want people to treat you like you're stupid, then your best defence is to not be stupid.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 05:13:24 pm »
The only exception I'm aware of is Radical City/Reverse, where you can jump through a wall to cut out half of the track. I'd put off submitting that time for now, since it'd make any changes a bit more awkward.
[snapback]6223[/snapback]
Actually, you can jump that wall going forward too, assuming that we have the same one in mind.  It's got the water on one side and a ramp going up toward the pinball table on the other, right?

Offline SprintGod

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 08:38:30 am »
Jumping through it when not in Reverse mode accomplishes nothing, because it puts you back at the start of the lap instead of at the end.
If you don't want people to treat you like you're stupid, then your best defence is to not be stupid.

Print

Hits: 98 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.05 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.