A while back, I posted a thread about a map for Warcraft III that I've been helping construct called Reign of Satire. This thread is about another project I've been constructing with the World Editor, one that I believe the rest of this community will like. This map, called Sonic Saga, is an action RPG hybrid that takes 4-6 players through an adbriged journey through Sonic 1-3, CD, and Adventure 1-2. I realize that mixing Sonic with Warcraft is like mixing oil and water, so I tried to put in as much of the fast paced gameplay as I could. The world editor can't do crazy roller coaster stuff so I'm making up for it with extremely intense, fast paced combat and bright, colorful visuals. The following zones are not represented due to lack of availible space in the map; Twinkle Park, Casinopolis, Sky Deck, Final Egg, Pumpkin Hill, Aquatic Mine, Route 101/its clone, and Sky Rail. The map has the following features:
1. Six playable characters from the start. (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, and Rouge)
2. Seven unlockable characters. (Can't spoil the surprise by telling who they are)
3. An unconventional experience system inspired by Chrono Cross.
4. Player versus player duels. (Last two segments of the game)
5. The ability to raise Chao. (Still haven't created hybrid species yet, but I have made combinations of running, power, and flying chao with hero, dark, or neutral alignments.) The end purpose of this mini game is the ability to have the Chao fight alongside your character. If their HP run out, they respawn in the garden, but the mana it takes to bring them to you is still spent.
6. A special reward for collecting all seven Chaos Emeralds.
7. The ability to advance as high as level 14 (as opposed to the default level 10 in a normal WC3 game.
8. The ability to upgrade your characters as if they were non hero units.
9. A time attack system (inspired by TSC, remind me to put this place in the credits and place an advertisement to join) where if you clear the stage within a posted time limit, you get an A rank in that stage and get a reward that activates when you enter the next stage.
10. Unlockable EX skills (inspired by Mega Man Zero 3) that are obtained as a reward for clearing a stage with the ring that was given to all characters at the start of the game. One of these abilites is Chaos Burst.
The current version in progress is version 1.05. As of now, it is in the final beta stages (for bugs and balance problems). The finished version will require the 1.17 patch to play. I'm currently aiming for a Mega Man Zero 3 difficulty setting that will require excellent team work skills in order to win at this map. An earlier version can be found at warcraftiii.net but it is an inferior version that still has some bugs that were ironed out in the new version. Hopefully, it should be fully playable for anyone that has WC3 and is interested by January 2005. :)