don't click here

What powers the submissions board?

Print

Author Topic: What powers the submissions board?  (Read 8843 times)

Offline qubit

« on: November 26, 2004, 04:42:39 pm »
I'm trying to create a record site for Crash Bandicoot games, and I want to use what powers TSC's submission board.  So, Rolken, what script do you use?
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x
mike89: yes. yes i do.
mike89: but then i find CF odd.
Me: so do I.

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline qubit

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 10:28:44 am »
I'm hoping Rolky picks this topic up...
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 07:08:11 pm »
I'd like to know as well, I want to make a site dedicated to competition as well, I want to make one for Pokemon Stadium/Pokemon Stadium 2 Mini-Games and  MegaMan Anniversary Collection(Time Attack), and MegaMan Xtreme 2 Boss Attack. It's a small array of games, but I'd eventually evolve it. Well, the chances of Rolko looking at the forums is pretty slim, lol, I'll talk to him at the IRC Chatroom.
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 09:33:22 am »
The old version of the site (as in some time around January) had a source.zip file or something that contained all the PHP files.

Under the current system, those files are a lot more obscure, so even if there was a new source zip, you'd need some sort of documentation to make sense of it all.

Offline qubit

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 10:22:05 am »
The old version of the site (as in some time around January) had a source.zip file or something that contained all the PHP files.

Under the current system, those files are a lot more obscure, so even if there was a new source zip, you'd need some sort of documentation to make sense of it all.
[snapback]5499[/snapback]

Do you still have the old version?

Offline Rolken

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004, 05:00:18 pm »
I didn't respond to this because I'd emailed about it before I noticed it. :x

Truth is, you really don't want to use the TSC code unless you know PHP/MySQL really well or are willing to slog through learning it and hack up the code to make it do what you want. The old code is pretty crappy and even less customizable; you don't want it. I can send the new code, but right now security-through-obscurity is my mantra so I don't want to make it entirely public.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline qubit

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 12:27:27 pm »
I didn't respond to this because I'd emailed about it before I noticed it. :x

Truth is, you really don't want to use the TSC code unless you know PHP/MySQL really well or are willing to slog through learning it and hack up the code to make it do what you want. The old code is pretty crappy and even less customizable; you don't want it. I can send the new code, but right now security-through-obscurity is my mantra so I don't want to make it entirely public.
[snapback]5504[/snapback]

Are there any other competition sites that are easier to read the code for?

Offline Rolken

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 01:23:44 pm »
cyberscore.net is the only other automated site I know of, but I don't expect they'll give it away.

Offline qubit

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 11:10:23 pm »
cyberscore.net is the only other automated site I know of, but I don't expect they'll give it away.
[snapback]5517[/snapback]

So I guess I'm stuck with you...

Offline Rolken

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2004, 04:34:18 am »
For the curious, you can get the source at http://www.soniccenter.org/source/v3.2.zip - englodude got it already (I assume). It's still extremely convoluted, though (and most of the comments are wrong or don't make any sense~)

Print

Hits: 106 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.