don't click here

Please add glitchless stat result boards for games, please

Print

Author Topic: Please add glitchless stat result boards for games, please  (Read 8117 times)

Offline Eco Kenneth Nathan

Please add glitchless stat result boards for games, please
« on: October 15, 2017, 07:35:42 am »
I have noticed that on this site there has been just one board for stats per category on each game, and ever since glitch runs have come in, all basic runners who were ahead before on the categories have been beaten by glitch users.

I was wondering if TSC can add in a basic runs stat board for each game, so that basic runners can feel better to at least have WRs time attacking or Ring attacking without glitches ( playing normally at their highest level ).

I used to be a adept WR holder on Sonic Riders, but I am now slipping away from my title by glitch users, there should be two boards of the same names category separate from each other, one for basic runs, ( no glitches ), and another for glitch using.

That way basic speed runners will not only have a WR to live with, but also feel more better of their accomplishments for years to come, and glitch users can have their own stat board of the same name.

If you can’t do this I understand, it’s just a suggestion.

Offline InferSaime

Re: Please add glitchless stat result boards for games, please
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 12:28:07 pm »
The answer will probably b no. TSC isn't suited for user made challenges banning glitches x, Y and z. Speedrun.com and Cyberscore are more suited for it. Once you convince mods on src or through user challenge charts on cs.

ps cs bans air drifting in sonic riders anyway.

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 11:05:02 pm »
I can agree that we should have glitchless, but it would change the entire website and probably remove a lot of stats. I understand why we should have it, but the TSC probably shouldn't do it because of this. Pros would be what you just said about Sonic Riders and I also have experience with that as I usually have to grind quite a few runs to get frame perfect glitches that really shouldn't exist. Hope this helped with both sides of the argument.
GameCube. That is all I need to say.

Offline mathman

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 12:10:51 am »
Quality over quantity in my opinion.  The boards really come down to the haves and have-nots otherwise.  In order to make it happen though, the community needs to do a better job in revising the rules for each board on an ongoing basis.

Print

Hits: 441 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1017.62 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.