don't click here

Old Stat Memories Thread

Print

Author Topic: Old Stat Memories Thread  (Read 6110 times)

Offline Jacko

• TSC Profile
  • android chrome
  • I play Sonic fast. Mostly Shadow and 2D stuff.
    • View Profile
Old Stat Memories Thread
« on: September 19, 2017, 08:51:26 pm »
It's kind of sad that my Egg Dealer and The ARK Neutral stats in Shadow from when I was 10 back in late '08-early '09 are better than what I recently did in those categories. I have some decent to pretty bad times from back then, (Mad Matrix Dark for the bad, Central City Dark for the decent) but I was at least competent to an extent during that time. With age, I would become a much better player, but it's interesting to see my old stats.

Almost all of my submissions from today are originated from a socially robotic Jacko in Elementary School. I knew about speedrunning back in 08, since I watched TASes of Sonic 3K, SA2 runs, bomb hovering in Majora's Mask (even though I hated the game back then, I love it now) and I thought of some strategies in Shadow to save some time back then.

Does anyone have any old stats from when they were kids? Imagine if 10-year-old me knew about The Sonic Center. It's interesting to think about your past as a player.

Offline hfactor66

Re: Old Stat Memories Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 10:39:05 pm »
My fascination with the RA category in games derives from my childhood, because I always liked to see how many rings I could get. It was so satisfying to hit 100 rings for that extra life. Today, I've conquered RA on the Sonic Rush Trilogy, and done some of the easier Classic Sonic RAs from the Genesis days that don't require any glitches or exploits to do. Once the charts are posted for Mania, I'm hoping to lock in the RA records for GHZ 1, as I've done a lot to maximize this with Sonic & Tails as a duo and Knuckles. Oddly enough, I think Knuckles actually gets more rings in Time Attack mode than in normal play with all 7 Chaos Emeralds and being able to collect big rings for 50, because he literally cannot leave his spawn without gliding, which you can't do if you have more than 50 rings. >_> why u do this Christian?

UPDATE - nope, I was wrong, max with Knuckles in normal play with big rings is 641, just barely more than max in Time Attack, which is 624. It took me FOUR HOURS to get that 641 run.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:44:25 pm by hfactor66 »
Rings are my specialty.

Offline Jacko

• TSC Profile
  • android chrome
  • I play Sonic fast. Mostly Shadow and 2D stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Old Stat Memories Thread
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 11:14:40 pm »
I don't know if I want to start regularly running Mania, because Denuvo is still in the PC version, which is the only platform I can play it on lol. Moral dilemma; against piracy, but also against DRM.

When I was a kid, when I would play games that have a Time Attack option, I would keep lowering my PB. Sonic games are the epitome of speedrunning, since the objective is to go as fast as you can.

Gamers often complain about the slippery, over-precise controls of Heroes, Shadow, and 06. The controls are slippery because your top speed has acceleration that is much higher than in the Adventure games. I actually think that Shadow the Hedgehog controls better than SA2 because of the loose controls.

In the case of 06, the controls are just loose, and your top speed is much slower than the Adventure games when running.

Now that speedrun.com has a New Game+ category for 3 and knuckles, I'm thinking about running it. It's fun to blaze through the game as Hyper Sonic like the invincible epileptic seizure he is.

Sonic 3K is the most technical 2D Sonic game in my opinion, so hopefully, New Game+ doesn't go through the same level of level wrap optimization. 3 and knuckles is a very broken game, so glitches with Hyper Sonic can happen. Happened to me a few times during practice runs.

Print

Hits: 85 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 989.21 KB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.