don't click here

Oh, boy! The hype is real!

Print

Author Topic: Oh, boy! The hype is real!  (Read 16037 times)

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
Oh, boy! The hype is real!
« on: August 13, 2017, 01:04:12 pm »
So, it looks like with Mania, Sonic is closer than ever to actually truly going back to his roots. Ya, rly. It took him more than two decades, which is "not baaad", like an echidna would say after laying a shiny single egg. Yeah, they DO lay eggs. Isn't that cool? Anyway, I digress. With the release of the highly anticipated new Sonic game around the corner for console users (:V), I guess I should announce here that we will try to add charts for the game as soon as possible. During the first week of competition, players don't need to provide video proof for first places, because that would be really annoying. This is a policy that we will apply for any newly added games from now on. Of course, we still encourage you to share your runs with the world. Sharing is caring!

In other news, I am finally back to Spain after a whole year backpacking through Asia and Oceania. It feels weird. The good news is that some people contacted me about my request for coders in my last front page post, and now I will finally have the time to coordinate them with Gerbil to try and get some work done on the site. New features might finally come.

In the meantime, here is a video I recorded in Taiwan a couple weeks ago. See you on the charts, fuckers!

Also, play Yooka-Laylee if you haven't already. :)

Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline truesonic53

Re: Oh, boy! The hype is real!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 03:18:20 pm »
I can just say that there's finally a Sonic game that I'm really looking forward to. The toughest thing for me will be preventing myself from watching those leaked walkthroughs of the game; and since I'm not one of those lucky Switch/PS4 owners I have to wait even longer. Oh well. Hope to take part in game charts at some point!

Also, there's some funny stuff on Mania; one of my friends has shown me that recently. (which is probably not very appropriate to post here, but there aren't any other Mania-related topics so why not)

Offline Coolfansonic

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 04:46:48 pm »
I personally think this is a brilliant idea, adding Mania to the charts, especially as Christian Whitehead has gone out his way to make a Time Attack mode, to make things even easier for speedrunners.

(I always noticed Boom never made it to the charts, I see it as the worst ever Sonic game, so it doesn't even deserve to be on the charts -_-)

I hope Mania will draw some attention to Sonic Center again, as the site hasn't been as Competitive as it first was.

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • TSC: Cyan Ryan
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 10:18:33 pm »
Good god is Mania amazing. Easily the best Sonic game so far, ahead of 3&K.

Also Yooka-Laylee sucks.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 07:30:33 am »
I thought it was good, but a little disappointing.  I went into the game expecting a few rehashed stages and the rest being new content, with maybe the occasional reused asset.  Instead, I got Generations 2.

I always avoid Sonic news after the first gameplay footage to keep my expectations low and avoid disappointment (which worked very well for Sonic Boom), but this is the first time that had the exact opposite effect.  For the next 2D game, I'll go into it expecting no originality at all and maybe I'll like it more

Also, the special stages are almost as awful as Sonic CD's.

Print

Hits: 1,607 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.02 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.