don't click here

Hunters13's bad habit of posting world record times with no evidence

Print

Author Topic: Hunters13's bad habit of posting world record times with no evidence  (Read 20408 times)

As many of you may know, Hunters13 is a top tier boss ILer for sonic adventure 2, as well as other games. Recently, he has entirely stopped recording his gameplay, and we are just supposed to take his word for his multiple frame perfect records. Is he capable of getting these times? Maybe, but that is besides the point. It simply isn't fair to his competitors who have the best times supported with video evidence. Drakodan for example, has become very unmotivated to continue ILing because his records are consistently being beaten by hunters, and we are all just supposed to accept it without evidence.

I personally think we should really try to require all record breaking times to have evidence. Many people post non record breaking times without evidence, myself included, which is fine because we should we bother recording everything if we have no chance of getting a phenomenal time? But at the same time, I make an effort to record everything I do when I feel I could possibly achieve a record time. It isn't hard to record everything, and it does not require much effort to produce a video of your records. We know hunters has the means to record his gameplay, he just doesn't because he doesn't feel like it. Well if he isn't in the mood to record his runs, then I'm not in the mood to believe his times, and I don't think they belong on the leaderboards.

Re: Hunters13's bad habit of posting world record times with no evidence
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 09:22:08 am »
First, I want you to know that I'm not good at English ^^;

>It isn't hard to record everything , and it does not require much effort to produce a video of your records .

At least, I don't agree with this. (recording environment, console, money, free time, etc.)

1. This is the biggest reason why I can't submit SA2 videos.
・I have only PC version now. This game will be always crashed if I run recording tools which I have. I could never solve this issue.

2. The other reasons
・Always checking free space of HDD is so annoying while recording the game. Personally, video is too large. I have forgot to notice the lack of free space many times.
・In many cases, there is already a video of the "exactly same" strat in my videos.

Anyway, there are so many wr holders without a proof (even pictures.)
Can you let all of them to submit videos?
I myself have taken the fight to the record of lack of proof many times.

Your criticism itself is one of unfair to me.
I submit a proof as a picture at least.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:21:35 pm by Hunters13 »
Sorry for my poor English skill.

Offline Starlight_Glimmer

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 09:57:36 am »
regaurdless if his stats are fake or not really doesn't matter. while I agree we should require proof for at least WR, the minority ruling class of TSC supports cheating, and wants no proof or evidence. so unfortunately, unless is just blatantly obvious bs, he can get away with it.

(Im not implying his stats are bs, I've seen nothing to assume thhat they are, that just goes for anyone who submits a record without proof, including myself)
We Shine Like Rainbows~ 

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 12:59:57 pm »
Videos aren't always required. It's about trusting the opposition to not cheat and i don't see hunters ever cheating. All his boss runs that i've watched are very skillful and he goes in with bosses. Sure he doesn't always have a video but there are the screenshots backing up his times. Besides you don't need a video for everything. But if every is really sad and cries that there's no video then what can you do

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 01:46:58 pm »
Okay first of all, where's your admin permission? Because they would have taken the initiative to start the thread as opposed to your way-too-accusatory tone. Just because a time is fast, that's not grounds to call BS.

Also how does this thread go unnoticed while this load of crap has taken the forefront of what little rules violations attention we have?

I need to whip this place back into shape.

Offline Starlight_Glimmer

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 01:59:37 pm »
I don't think there's any admins left to ask lol?

But anyways you can start by banning all the emulators, and rounding up all the WR stats and trying to get proof for them. then require proof for all new WR runs from there on out. That would make this thread and leadership disputes virtually obsolete. Then we can start the great TSC comeback movement!

... or we can just sit here and do nothing for a another year, I'll still be here waiting.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 02:10:36 pm by Flim_flam_bsdetector »
We Shine Like Rainbows~ 

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 02:03:21 pm »
I've tried timewarping out of these problems. It just chips off another flake of this place every time I do it. Plus it ages me too. Not fun. The fuck are these gray hairs?

The only thing I can do is roll up my sleeves and create a new site with a different approach. That belongs in another topic.

Offline Eco Kenneth Nathan

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 03:20:33 pm »
I always have evidence for my stats, every record I get whether a great rankings run or world record, I always have a video for them to protect my TSC membership. Back when I was new to the site, I had angry players saying that my stats were not truly earned, well I proved them wrong because I had video proof for them.

I however had trouble putting evidence on the site for not knowing how to embed videos, then Infersaime told me one topic that I had to copy the URL from my video I want to add from my channel on YouTube and place it in the comments for my stats.

I learned how to embed videos after this day, my membership reputation is safe for years to come.

There won't be any complaints from my stats anymore.

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 02:59:46 pm »
I always have evidence for my stats, every record I get whether a great rankings run or world record, I always have a video for them to protect my TSC membership. Back when I was new to the site, I had angry players saying that my stats were not truly earned, well I proved them wrong because I had video proof for them.

I however had trouble putting evidence on the site for not knowing how to embed videos, then Infersaime told me one topic that I had to copy the URL from my video I want to add from my channel on YouTube and place it in the comments for my stats.

I learned how to embed videos after this day, my membership reputation is safe for years to come.

No one was accusing you?
Rings are my specialty.

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 06:05:24 am »

No one was accusing you?
LittleBigness did, he once was complaining about my Sonic Heroes stats back when I joined. He thought I started playing the game and was complaining to me saying my stats were not real. He howeve got over that after I had video evidence. Does that above answer your question?

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 03:39:15 pm »

I meant where did anyone in this thread accuse you?
Rings are my specialty.

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 06:43:18 pm »
I put in that comment because what this thread is about is similar to what LittleBigness did to me back when I had no evidence for my stats, that's all. Nothing to worry about the ones involved in this thread.

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 09:04:38 pm »
I put in that comment because what this thread is about is similar to what LittleBigness did to me back when I had no evidence for my stats, that's all. Nothing to worry about the ones involved in this thread.
So if this thread doesn't even involve you, why are you even posting to this thread? There's absolutely no reason for either of us to be posting on this thread, I just couldn't let this stupidity go unnoticed. I'm sorry man, but you remind me too much of this guy in my group chat who annoys me to death.
Rings are my specialty.

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 09:47:07 pm »
No one posts threads anymore pretty much Hfactor. Even I pretty much stopped doing such things.

The only time I make threads is If I want to share a new strat I found to gamers of that sonic game I found it from.

I just wanted to let the thread creator know that I always have evidence for stats. Now do you understand why I replied in this thread.

However, I still look forward to more of your topics in the future. Your last
Halloween topics were interesting last year.

Not to bore you to death man.

By the way, if you didn't pay attention, my birthday was a few days ago, I was disappointed that none of you bothered to wish me a Happy Birthday, I guess such people don't care. I bet you still hate me back when I used to to flood the forum with my YouTube videos, I understand.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:03:45 pm by Eco Kenneth Nathan »

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 09:08:55 am »
No one posts threads anymore pretty much Hfactor. Even I pretty much stopped doing such things.

The only time I make threads is If I want to share a new strat I found to gamers of that sonic game I found it from.

I just wanted to let the thread creator know that I always have evidence for stats. Now do you understand why I replied in this thread.

However, I still look forward to more of your topics in the future. Your last
Halloween topics were interesting last year.

Not to bore you to death man.

By the way, if you didn't pay attention, my birthday was a few days ago, I was disappointed that none of you bothered to wish me a Happy Birthday, I guess such people don't care. I bet you still hate me back when I used to to flood the forum with my YouTube videos, I understand.
All I'm saying, is that there was no reason to inform anyone in this thread that you always have proof for your stats. It's completely irrelevant to the topic of this thread, and frankly I don't think anyone cares whether or not you have proof for your stats at this particular moment in time. So keep making videos, but to reiterate, we don't care.
P.S. Nobody on TSC wished me a happy birthday either on Thursday pal. There's no reason to make a forum topic about it.
Rings are my specialty.

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 05:18:46 pm »
Sorry for corrupting this topic.

Let's forget about it and just continue our ways on the site, this thread has entered the history pile of the site, like every other one so far.

Continue mastering the Sonic Rush series.

As for me, Sonic Riders is more my game.

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2016, 11:26:53 pm »
GO
FAST

And preferably show how you did it. I've had no reason to believe that any of Hunters' records were cheated before I came along, even though a lot of people were very suspicious of them. I mean, I BEAT some of those times and showed how I did it, so clearly it was legitimately possible. What I find disheartening isn't that my times are beaten at all, Hunters is very skilled after all. What I find disheartening is that I put hours and hours into analysing Boss behaviour, new exploits and ways to land faster first hits whilst manipulating co-operative AI, then I manage to scrape out an IL WR by frames after maybe weeks of research and finally confirming a theoretical idea...

... Then Hunters beats it next day because he then has the video as a reference point to show exactly how to beat the Boss fast. And doesn't provide any substantial evidence to show that he's doing it legitimately. It's clear that he cares very much about being the SA2B Boss Champion, because he'll take back any time that gets beaten. Why should I assume that in his eagerness and pride to retain his top spot, that he wouldn't just BS a stat because it's unfalsifiable?

This is NOT a good system for fostering competition. I will continue to work on SA2B Bosses because I want to see how far they can be pushed, but I'm getting awfully sick of my hard work being apparently obsoleted in a fraction of the time I put into it just because I'm bothering to document it properly and provide examples for people to follow.

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 09:56:48 am »
I'd just like to point out that hunters has deleted his twitter and youtube. My guess is because the people that play the same game as him didn't trust him enough. I honestly don't blame him for leaving if it's for a reason like that

Print

Hits: 426 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.13 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.