Sonic Central > Leaderboard Disputes

Hunters13's bad habit of posting world record times with no evidence

(1/4) > >>

Walkinator:
As many of you may know, Hunters13 is a top tier boss ILer for sonic adventure 2, as well as other games. Recently, he has entirely stopped recording his gameplay, and we are just supposed to take his word for his multiple frame perfect records. Is he capable of getting these times? Maybe, but that is besides the point. It simply isn't fair to his competitors who have the best times supported with video evidence. Drakodan for example, has become very unmotivated to continue ILing because his records are consistently being beaten by hunters, and we are all just supposed to accept it without evidence.

I personally think we should really try to require all record breaking times to have evidence. Many people post non record breaking times without evidence, myself included, which is fine because we should we bother recording everything if we have no chance of getting a phenomenal time? But at the same time, I make an effort to record everything I do when I feel I could possibly achieve a record time. It isn't hard to record everything, and it does not require much effort to produce a video of your records. We know hunters has the means to record his gameplay, he just doesn't because he doesn't feel like it. Well if he isn't in the mood to record his runs, then I'm not in the mood to believe his times, and I don't think they belong on the leaderboards.

Hunters13:
First, I want you to know that I'm not good at English ^^;

>It isn't hard to record everything , and it does not require much effort to produce a video of your records .

At least, I don't agree with this. (recording environment, console, money, free time, etc.)

1. This is the biggest reason why I can't submit SA2 videos.
・I have only PC version now. This game will be always crashed if I run recording tools which I have. I could never solve this issue.

2. The other reasons
・Always checking free space of HDD is so annoying while recording the game. Personally, video is too large. I have forgot to notice the lack of free space many times.
・In many cases, there is already a video of the "exactly same" strat in my videos.

Anyway, there are so many wr holders without a proof (even pictures.)
Can you let all of them to submit videos?
I myself have taken the fight to the record of lack of proof many times.

Your criticism itself is one of unfair to me.
I submit a proof as a picture at least.

Starlight_Glimmer:
regaurdless if his stats are fake or not really doesn't matter. while I agree we should require proof for at least WR, the minority ruling class of TSC supports cheating, and wants no proof or evidence. so unfortunately, unless is just blatantly obvious bs, he can get away with it.

(Im not implying his stats are bs, I've seen nothing to assume thhat they are, that just goes for anyone who submits a record without proof, including myself)

The Kid .130.:
Videos aren't always required. It's about trusting the opposition to not cheat and i don't see hunters ever cheating. All his boss runs that i've watched are very skillful and he goes in with bosses. Sure he doesn't always have a video but there are the screenshots backing up his times. Besides you don't need a video for everything. But if every is really sad and cries that there's no video then what can you do

SpinDashMaster:
Okay first of all, where's your admin permission? Because they would have taken the initiative to start the thread as opposed to your way-too-accusatory tone. Just because a time is fast, that's not grounds to call BS.

Also how does this thread go unnoticed while this load of crap has taken the forefront of what little rules violations attention we have?

I need to whip this place back into shape.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version