don't click here

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal Boards?

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal Boards?  (Read 8386 times)

Offline Token

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal Boards?
« on: August 21, 2015, 04:27:26 pm »
So I talked to Zeupar over Skype and was told to post on here. Can Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal be added as a tracked board for times and Rings?

Stages (via IGT):

Seaside Beach
Seaside Jungle
Seaside Race
Scrapyard
Shadow Canyons
Shadow Canyons Race
Ancient City
Robot Facility
Facility Race
Volcanic Canyons
Air Fortress
Lyric's Airship

Worm Tunnels (via IGT):
Seaside Coast
Scrapyard
Shadow Canyons
Ancient Ruins
Volcanic Crater
Cloud Sanctuary

Offline Nimrod

• TSC: Nim
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal Boards?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 05:27:49 pm »
glad to hear someone bring that up. When the game came out I was really motivated to fill some charts for it, but they never came. I assumed it was because it's a subfranchise and therefore not fitting with the other games. Not sure when I would find the motivation to get back onto it if the charts came but generally I'd love to see that

Offline Zurggriff

Re: Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal Boards?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 06:26:31 pm »
Over 4 years after the release and the game does not have charts and only two forum posts from long ago. Just in case there is interest in this game and users that may provide feedback, here are a couple thoughts for putting up charts.

1) Should items be prohibited or put on separate charts from no items?
The Ring Attractor and Shield Award make ring collection a little easier and the Mega Sprint enables the player to sprint through enemies. The Mega Grapple allows the player to instantly destroy an enemy after grappling off its shield. Most of the items can be used at some point through a playthrough and they would make for faster times. I do not think they have a big impact on how the game is run either. Charts will allow items unless there is a demand otherwise.

2) How should charts be categorized?
There are a number of existing categories that track time (Times, Extra, Races, Bosses) as well as the ability to create new categories. The game has one boss battle, not really worth its own category. I did not see another game that used Races with those like in this game. All of the levels could be put under Times with different Divisions distinguishing the various types of levels.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice is a similar style game also lacking charts. The first point is not applicable but the second point is with a wider variety of timed levels (tunnels, submarines, boats, races, and 4 bosses), most of which have rings to collect as well.
Championships held: Sonic 2, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Mania, Sonic 4: Episode Metal, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Forces

Zero Point Championships held: Sonic 4: Episode Metal

Print

Hits: 674 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1000.15 KB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.