don't click here

Topic 10 - What was your favorite boss battle in a Sonic game?

Print

Author Topic: Topic 10 - What was your favorite boss battle in a Sonic game?  (Read 16513 times)

Offline hfactor66

Topic 10 - What was your favorite boss battle in a Sonic game?
« on: December 27, 2014, 10:25:08 am »
Let's give the bad guys a little recognition today. No Sonic game would be complete without its bosses to defeat, some of them are relatively simple & terribly easy to defeat, but others are a bit more complicated than that. What's your all time favorite boss battle?

This is a very difficult choice for me, I've thoroughly enjoyed so many boss battles, even when it was frustrating trying to figure out how to beat them. I think the one that stands out the most for me would have to be the Death Egg zone of Sonic 2. I can't tell you how many times I've died in that zone alone, it is so frustrating. I've gone into Death Egg with over 20 lives sometimes, and at the end of the day, I STILL lose! It's gotten easier as I've gotten older though, but the grudge I held against this boss growing up was a long one… I remember earlier this year on a ROM hack of Sonic 2 (Sonic 2 Pink Edition, replaces Sonic with Amy & Tails with Cream) I entered Death Egg with almost 25 lives, and I managed to beat him on my last life!

What's yours?

Come back every day for new forum topics until New Years! :)
Rings are my specialty.

Offline Nimrod

• TSC: Nim
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Topic 10 - What was your favorite boss battle in a Sonic game?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 10:37:35 am »
to be honest I generally dislike playing bossfights, but my favourite one is Perfect Chaos in Sonic Generations, cause it plays like a normal stage but it still has a feeling similar to a spectacular final bossfight

Offline InferSaime

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 12:08:15 pm »
All bosses suck but no, anyway I think my favourite boss in any sonic game would be the chaos 6 fights in SADX. I enjoy them a lot even though the fights are simple and short I just enjoy them. Tbh I like all of the chaos fights in SADX except Chaos 4. Chaos 4 sucks.

Offline theultimategamer95

• Your typical speed runner
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • I am the ultimate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 12:18:11 pm »
I have more than one; it's hard to decide on just one for me:

- Sonic vs Shadow 2 (SA2)
- E101 MKII (SADX)
- Perfect Chaos (SADX)
- Egg Dragoon (Unleashed 360/PS3)
- Dark Gaia/Perfect Dark Gaia (Unleashed 360/PS3)
- Metal Overlord (Heroes)
- Finalhazard (SA2)
- Biolizard (SA2)
My Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/theultimategamer95

My PSN = greatgamer83

My Skype = theultimategamer95

Offline Softspeak

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 12:26:02 pm »
I was never really one for bosses. Probably the one I was the closest to liking was the Ocean Base boss from SAdva3. Easy for me to beat casually, but not stupidly easy. And unlike Big Foot, I don't have any particularly pathetic memories here, like not realizing I needed to hold the jump button longer >_<

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 12:45:58 pm »
My favorites are Ghost Whale and Ghost Titan from SRA, and basically every boss from Advance 3. Yes, even the Twinkle Snow one. I also vaguely remember enjoying Dark Gaia in Unleashed SD.
Twitch: 2KZu | YouTube: Tukepuikko (VGM channel: Frygoon)

Offline DGF

• WildCard Speedster
  • TSC: DarkGravityFlames
  • win10 chrome
  • Code S.O.L, Azure Grimrore ACTIVATE!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 12:47:45 pm »
I'm with Ultimate on This one, there are many boss battles i love in the series:

Egg Dragoon (Unleashed and Generation versions)
Perfect Chaos (Sonic Generations)
Ultimate Gemerl (Sonic Advance 3)
True Area 53 boss (Sonic Advance 2)
Metal Overload (Sonic Heroes)
Egg lancer (Unleashed)
Egg Emperor (Heroes)
My Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9TztQrHz0nwzfSZZFoYOVA
PSN = ChaosKnight_56
Steam: TerumiTrueAzure

Championship(s) Held: Sonic Generations
Current Records: Overdrift Challenge , Terror from the Deep, Death egg robot (Hard), Vector's Mission

Offline Starlight_Glimmer

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 12:56:57 pm »
favorite boss is easily last chapter in sonic and the secret rings. Dont know the dudes name, but it's the boss you fight with dark spinned sonic. If you dont feel the burn in your arms, you're doing it wrong.
We Shine Like Rainbows~ 

Offline RigidatoMS

• A big fan of SA2B
  • TSC: Omega Rafael Santos
  • win10 chrome
  • I used to be so childish years ago... I'm sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 01:03:57 pm »
Easy. Biolizard.
My Youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl85g5j2ERbADAhTeiYVEOg
Discord: RigidatoMS#6257

Offline chainchump

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 01:07:00 pm »
I dislike pretty much every boss ever, so I don't really have a 'favourite'. An honourable mention though would be Sonic/Shadow 1 from SA2 because of the hilarious dialogue.

Offline SqwareEcks

• Always a day late and a buck short
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 01:29:01 pm »
Star Light Act 3 / Sonic 1
Hydrocity Act 2 / Sonic 3 (Sonic/Tails)
Launch Base Act 2 / Sonic 3 (Knuckles)
Sonic vs. Shadow final / SA2
Robot Storm / Heroes

favorite boss is easily last chapter in sonic and the secret rings. Dont know the dudes name, but it's the boss you fight with dark spinned sonic. If you dont feel the burn in your arms, you're doing it wrong.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 01:40:25 pm by SqwareEcks »
My life needs a rewind/erase button.
-Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Vallkyr

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 08:54:47 pm »
Dark Gaia from Sonic Unleashed

Hah just kidding fuck that boss.
Seriously though, I don't really have a favourite boss. The only reason a few come to mind is because they have great music to support them (Perfect Chaos, Finalhazard, Metal Overlord, Perfect Dark Gaia)
If I have to pick one I might go with King Boom Boo from SA2B. Not because it's such an interesting fight, but because King Boom Boo is a really fun character. I just loved how silly he was, and the fight itself isn't too bad at all.
Finalhazard is a pretty close second I think. Good music and pretty fun fight, but kinda frustrating because of how far you get knocked back if you get hit. If you're close to him when he just starts firing a laser you're pretty much always gonna eat it.
Not a big fan of Sonic bosses outside of their music, as you can tell.

Offline Kirbymon30

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 05:17:15 pm »
Boss fights in Sonic have never really been my forte, especially those that are long and/or tedious and those that give you no sense of direction what-so-fucking-ever and just keep pelting you with monkey shit.

Surprisingly, though, I think the fangames Before the Sequel and After the Sequel have better bosses than a lot of the canon games. Short, simple, and imaginative, but still take some skill to master - those are the kind of bosses I like. Of course, I'm assuming I need to look at an actual Sonic game...so I guess the bosses in S4E2 are pretty satisfying. Except the boss of Oil Desert, of course. He isn't super bullshit or anything...more just "meh".

Also, Silver's fight against Sonic in 06. Mercilessly throwing tables and chairs and the biggest twat in the game and laughing maniacally while he struggles to even touch you? Count me in.
~Sonic Lost World Top 10~
Primary Goal (as of 12/1/14): Dabble into some easy things. Mostly Sonic Chaos, might go back to CD11/Lost World at a later date but most likely not. I'm not that invested in this stuff anymore :V
Secondary Goal (as of 12/1/14): Smash is love, Smash is life

CS Bullshit:

Kirby number TooManyDamnKirbys. Just shy of TSC's youngest, but undoubtedly TSC's stupidest. In fact, I should probably heed this advice:

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit."
                  - Jim C. Hines

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 12:17:30 am »
SADX - Egg Walker - (though it can be a little annoying to TA) this is a fun boss to do casually. It has great music, even has a cool trick where you can manipulate it with a command button. Beating this for the first time this was my favourite boss, as it was easier than Egg Viper, and it was great to see Tails accomplish a "sonic-like" achievement and break-through to be a Hero. 

Offline Goldwolf11

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 04:06:50 am »
Sonic vs Shadow 2 // SA2
Silver // Generations
Metal Madness // Heroes
Biolizard // SA2
Perfect Chaos // SADX and Generations
Every Mephiles Fight // S06

Really there's not many bosses I don't like. Except for Chaos 4. Fighting him 3 times sucks because it's the exact same boring thing all three times.
I really only play SA2, honestly. (On PS3!)

SA2 stuff:

Hero Story PB: 53:38 (48:44 In-game)

-Currently Learning/Practicing-
Final Rush m1 (no skip)
Eternal Engine m1 (no skip)
Crazy Gadget m1 (no skip)
Mission Street m1

Offline SB737

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 07:14:50 am »
Death Egg Robot (Generations)
Perfect Chaos (Generations)
Sandopolis 1 boss (cos it's just funny)
Egg Viper (Sadx)
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Print

Hits: 166 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.27 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.