don't click here

Sonic 1/2/3&K SS(single segment) charts?

Print

Author Topic: Sonic 1/2/3&K SS(single segment) charts?  (Read 10405 times)

Sonic 1/2/3&K SS(single segment) charts?
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:57:35 pm »
To my knowledge there is no website, where people can submit their single segment times for Sonic games.
As a site devoted to Sonic speedrunning, I think it would add to the diversity, if it was possible to implement that feature.

Offline SB737

Re: Sonic 1/2/3&K SS(single segment) charts?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 07:24:58 am »
I think that's quite a good idea, even if your good at IL times, you may not be as good at SS times and vise versa, I'd agree to add it.
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 07:59:16 am »
Speed Demos Archive

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline Parax

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 08:13:09 am »
We generally don't really do that kind of thing here, TSC is more for individual level times where there's an ingame timer.

Pretty sure there's a good chance there are going to be leaderboards on SRL at some point in the near future though, so that sounds like what you want.

Offline TimpZ

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 03:22:26 pm »
As for now, the closest you're gonna get is congratsio.com. It is a general problem keeping track of WR's in the community though and it's mostly solved by the players themselves seeking contact with eachother.

Offline SB737

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 06:19:43 am »
how about adding a subsite for it, "The Single Segment Center", because its a nice idea, but may not be something that should be part of the main website

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)

Offline HDL

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 11:46:50 am »
I think this should be added to the site.  There are lots of Sonic speed runners here who do single segment.  A guy called setz from SRL did me the favor of writing game time split software for me so that I could do my S3K attempts with game time.  Since lots of Sonic games use game time instead of real time, it's easy to do attempts and still have them easily submittable to a site like this: http://splixel.com/b/ShitSplit04.zip

Typically I don't do ILs since I like SS a whole lot more.  If something like this was implemented I would submit times/videos, and I think plenty of others would too.  There's no reason Sonic-specific leaderboards couldn't exist just because SRL is looking to implement their own leaderboards.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 06:01:44 pm »
No, for the same reason we don't track challenge runs.  We're here for maximization, and SS isn't about maximization.
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline SB737

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 02:01:34 pm »
People have brought this up a little, perhaps this should be discussed again, single segment runs are the popular way to speed run now, and although speedrun.com now does that, perhaps some sort of integration with them like gamepro suggested, or just simply adding the chart to the game, it wouldn't take much, it would take a bit of planningn when it comes to real time runs (perhaps they shouldn't be tracked, only adding in game time could be only allowed?), just throwing ideas around, thorn himself said he has nothing against it, maybe it's not what TSC isn't about, but I think it would be a neat addition to the site. Any other opinions on the matter would be good and valued :)

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 03:41:01 pm »
There's SDA, but also there's this: http://www.speedrun.com/sonic

We even have players as mods there.  If we still decide to add them it shouldn't affect the global chart.
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline TimpZ

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 05:16:52 pm »
Speed Demos Archive

There's SDA

SDA is completely irrelevant to the subject. SDA is not a leaderboard and not all runs are accepted. There are numerous cases where SDA has rejected to put up runs because the quality isn't of a high enough standard, the improvement isn't considered large enough to justify the hassle of putting the new run up and that's not mentioning the fact they only accept console-runs.

When it comes to other sites where you can compete, sure there are a few. Speedrun.com, PB tracker, congratsio, random google documents etc. The problem is that it's all so spread out and I constantly ignore to update all these because it's too much of a hassle (if I don't just plain forget about them). Having such charts on TSC just seems logical to me.

Print

Hits: 116 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.