don't click here

SA2B Sky Rail: Rail hop?

Print

Author Topic: SA2B Sky Rail: Rail hop?  (Read 6517 times)

Offline Goldwolf11

SA2B Sky Rail: Rail hop?
« on: August 04, 2014, 08:24:09 pm »
Okay,once again I need some assistance in this game.In Sky Rail,after the last checkpoint, there's a couple of rails which eventually end and lead you to another pair of rails.What I need help with is switching from the first set to the second set without doing a full jump,as it is the fastest way to switch over.I've tried to figure this out to no avail,so I'm asking here.Any help is greatly appreciated.

Again,note that I'm playing the PS3 version.
I really only play SA2, honestly. (On PS3!)

SA2 stuff:

Hero Story PB: 53:38 (48:44 In-game)

-Currently Learning/Practicing-
Final Rush m1 (no skip)
Eternal Engine m1 (no skip)
Crazy Gadget m1 (no skip)
Mission Street m1

Offline SqwareEcks

• Always a day late and a buck short
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
    • View Profile
Re: SA2B Sky Rail: Rail hop?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 09:58:21 pm »
Alas, I don't know of any special trick in particular for making a perfect rail switch--it can be done, but the time window is ridiculously tight--I recall someone, it might have been finalrush7, saying it was frame perfect. Only advice I have is to watch chainchumper and son1cgu1tar's runs and/or a TAS and try to note when they make the switch jump.
My life needs a rewind/erase button.
-Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline chainchump

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 06:24:28 am »
Man, this rail switching is annoying. I mentioned in my video that you usually have to rely on luck as Shadow has different "positions" on the rails every time you grind on one. Not sure if this matters, but you need to jump off the rail at the point where it starts to incline whilst holding an up-right position on the control stick. It's pretty random, but I've gotten it quite consistent a few times. And like SqwareEcks said, just look at a few videos to see where the jump is used as this might help show you a visual aspect from what I've said. Hope this helps and good luck to you.

Offline Goldwolf11

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 04:43:43 pm »
Thanks guys,I've managed to pull this off a few times and it is very annoying to perform.

I counted when I did it,and I got it 6 times out of 99 tries.So,it is pretty inconsistent.
I really only play SA2, honestly. (On PS3!)

SA2 stuff:

Hero Story PB: 53:38 (48:44 In-game)

-Currently Learning/Practicing-
Final Rush m1 (no skip)
Eternal Engine m1 (no skip)
Crazy Gadget m1 (no skip)
Mission Street m1

Print

Hits: 192 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.