Sonic Central > Competition Central

Emulator Proof Thread

(1/5) > >>

Parax:
From now on, stats performed on an emulator are required to have proof attached to them, in the form of an emulator movie file. This thread exists to make the process a bit easier. Simply make a post here, with whatever files you need attached to your post, then link it in your stat comment. If you'd rather upload it somewhere else, that's fine too; this thread is just one option.

Reminder of the rules regarding emulators:

- If you do anything on the emulator that can't be replicated on console, your stat is void. This includes emulator functions like save states and frame advance, but it also includes in-game behavior that can't be replicated on console.
- If you/your emulator can't consistently run the game at full speed (usually 60 FPS) without frame drops, your stat is void.

Remember that you can attach multiple files to one post, so please do that where possible using the modify button to cut down on spam a little. Also, please say in your post what game/stat the movie is for and what emulator you used to achieve it.

Hopefully in the future we can have a system more nicely integrated into the site, but for now this is what we've got.

SpinDashMaster:
IMO you should have devoted a whole subforum to this. Would make searching via the forums easier (i.e. making the topic = name of stage(s) being submitted.)

That way you can search post titles by level name and user and get exactly 1 result.

SB737:
^i was gonna suggest one thread per game, but your idea sounds even better

THC98:
Would that apply to any emulator? That's because I use Kega Fusion for my S1 submission, and this emulator doesn't have recording (so it also doesn't have TASing) support.

Don:
I'm pretty sure i can record from my Fusion364 with the Kega Fusion video codec. I've done it before, but I haven't gotten a stat with it so i haven't submitted any stats or videos from that one. Under the Video > Log AVI file option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version