don't click here

I'm Brutus!

Print

Author Topic: I'm Brutus!  (Read 10349 times)

Offline Brutus

I'm Brutus!
« on: July 22, 2013, 01:02:45 pm »
A big, mean green lizard who nobody's ever been afraid of.... or something like that, don't remember what it's supposed to say. But anyway, i'm finally here now.... i know you have all been waiting!

Offline InferSaime

Re: I'm Brutus!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 03:59:37 pm »
Welcome to TSC! I hope to see you on the charts! :)

Offline Brutus

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 07:18:54 pm »
Uh, what charts do you mean?

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 11:54:15 pm »
Competition Charts? For Sonic games?

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 01:15:16 am »
Brutus, they're talking about the rankings accessed via clicking Rankings on the left. This isn't the first time I've seen people use the word "charts" to the utter confusion of new members.

Also, welcome!
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 02:17:30 am »
Welcome on board The Sonic Center Brutus; it's always groovy to see new folks make an appearance on the scene, and I hope you have a swell time here with the crew! (And don't worry, you'll become familiar with all of the video game competition jargon soon enough!) If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here in the forum or in the chatroom. All being well, I'll see you on the charts! :V
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Offline SonicxD05

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 07:15:29 am »
Well, always nice to see a new member here! Welcome to TSC Brutus. Enjoy your competition here, because we all do enjoy some competition from time to time! :D As danieldude said, if you have questions, just ask em' here~ Well, see you on the charts! :>

Offline Parax

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 08:02:18 am »
Hey, welcome to TSC! Enjoy your stay, hope you enjoy competition here!

Offline FocusSight64

• Language Geek
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 firefox
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Weeaboo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 10:57:25 am »
It's always nice to see a new person joining with such spirit. Hope you enjoy it here at the TSC, Brutus!
Proud supporter of Cookie☆ (クッキー☆) MADs.

Offline Brutus

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 01:21:50 pm »
Well, umm, this place doesn't seem to be very active though..... i'm not really sure i can do much here right now

Offline SonicxD05

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 01:27:54 pm »
Well, umm, this place doesn't seem to be very active though..... i'm not really sure i can do much here right now

Well, it can't be active all the time >:D But it is fairly active in my opinion (I'm judging by people online and the stats that were recently submitted). But some people can't make it onto TSC all the time :|

Offline SpanielWare

• win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 01:52:28 pm »
Brutus, neither the community's forum nor its chatroom is especially active these days (we're a busy bunch y'know!), although the site's main purpose is Sonic game competition. If you observe this page regularly, you'll notice that Sonic game statistics are still submitted quite frequently to the site by its members, and if you check this page often, you'll see that some members submit videos and guides too (additionally, some members have YouTube and Twitch channels to which they upload and stream Sonic gameplay). Finally, the site has recently started pulling off Sonic game marathons (one took place last summer, and another this Easter), where the best players in the community work together and stream gameplay here (typically speedruns) of various Sonic games every afternoon (EST) for a week.

If I were you and wanted to get more involved in the community, I'd start by submitting some game statistics (make certain that you're aware of these first!) to the site via this page (and some videos and guides via the other two submission pages if you wish to and have the means to), and if you want to socialize with the site's other members, I recommend continuing forum posting (just ensure that you don't resurrect old topics or spam!), and entering the chatroom if and when you feel like it. Sound good? :P

EDIT: I forgot to mention it beforehand, but every Saturday night (EST) a group of TSC players enter the official SpeedRunsLive IRC channel and race a goal in a Sonic game (before each race season a rota of games is posted in the forum by an admin, listing which games will be raced on which nights, and for a week before each race, the players post votes for a race goal). However, I see that you're not too keen on races anyways, so there's not much point in me giving you any further insight.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:20:04 pm by danieldude »
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

Offline Brutus

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 03:48:07 pm »
Yeah, i'm really not into this "race" thing at all, in fact i'm not even sure what it is. The reason i'm here is because some other people told me this was one of the forums they were on, but i'm not sure any of them are even active on here anymore, anyway.....

Offline SonicxD05

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 04:37:55 pm »
Ok, well aside from forums on here, what Sonic games do you play (or are into?) Because I can assure you, competition is fun here! And about less activity, that's just life I guess. I mean, I may not come here often from May-June 2014 because I've got big exams. But that's way to far ahead lol. Well at least you are on TSC. Maybe one day you'll be posting (this isn't all about racing, more about submitting game stats and enjoying your time here :D) Anyway, as I said, good to see new members^^

Offline Brutus

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 10:15:34 am »
None really, i'm more into RP and other fan stuff. What else do you want to know about me?

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 12:43:11 pm »
Not being funny, but you're not really in the right place if you came for RP and "other" stuff. Our sole purpose is pretty much Sonic competition, but that's not saying you can't talk to us in the chat about other things.

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline Brutus

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 12:54:39 pm »
Yeah, i know.... is there anywhere else you'd recommed i go, then?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:18:26 pm by Brutus »

Offline SpanielWare

• win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 02:20:36 pm »
To be honest, I'm not too knowledgeable about the kind of sites that you're hunting for, but simply Googling something along the lines of "sonic rp" or "sonic fan site" brings up a whole load of (mostly) relevant suggestions, so hopefully some of those'll tickle your fancy. As Werey previously stated, we don't tend to partake in roleplaying or fan-art/literature activities here at TSC, but that said, good luck finding a site and forum that's right for you! :P

Offline Brutus

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 08:23:40 am »
Well, that's not too positive.... how do you feel about things like that though?

Print

Hits: 215 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.13 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.