don't click here

The Video Game Accomplishments Thread

Print

Author Topic: The Video Game Accomplishments Thread  (Read 62867 times)

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« on: August 04, 2004, 02:38:40 pm »
Yes, thats right, just post any videogame accomplishments you've made here!
Here are the rules

1. It cant be a game from this site (in other words, no sonic games!)
2. Post any accomplishments you have completed that you feel proud of!

For example, do you time attack other games? Or have you beaten Timesplitter 100% with all platinum medals?

Tell us!

As for me, I haven't really done anything extroardinary. I have beaten alot of games 100%, but I havent really time attacked any other games. I have tried time attacking perfect dark, but its too damn hard

The best I can get on special agent for the first level is about 57 seconds. But the world record was like 44 seconds or something. I know they use that technique to move around faster...but does it really make a 13 second difference? or am I missing a shortcut? oh well

so ya, post any times for games that your proud of or any accomplishments! Some time later Ill post a list of games Ive beaten 100%but for now, I really want to see any major accomplishments you guys have made!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 03:49:45 pm by NintenDan »

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 03:05:24 pm »
The currently listed world record for Defection SA is 0:37 shared by Ryan Dwyer and Marcus Dolejsi (Karl Jobst, who has since been banned from the rankings, has 0:35).

They do use strafing, but that isn't as important in Defection as a trick that allows you to fall outside the building then go back in.  In Special Agent, you have to use that trick twice, and have to land on a thin wall the second time for optimum effect.

Some scores from me to start:

Rush 2049
Obstacle Course 1:58.332
Stunt 1 - 870,504pt stunt, 75,788 PPM
Stunt 2 - 2,563,904pt stunt, 128,195 PPM
Stunt 3 - 336,330pt stunt, 21,139 PPM
Stunt 4 - 1,159,500pt stunt, 57,993 PPM

Adventure
Level 1 completion - 0:33.60

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 11:21:38 am »
In Super Smash Bros. Melee, I once played a 99 stock match with 3 lvl 9 computers, all against me, in Hyrule Temple. At the end of the match, I hadn't lost a single life, despite my high damage (I think it was over 500%)

Also on the topic of SSBM, I can beat Very Hard classic in under 4 minutes, counting Break the Targets (I die purposely here) Snag trophies, and Race to the Finish (obviously I take the first exit). I timed myself with an accurate watch.

And on Legend of Zelda:The 4 swords, I beat the first level without getting hurt! YAY!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 11:23:45 am by blueblaze »

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 02:32:19 pm »
lol

nicely done

currently, im trying to get all platinum medals in timesplitters 2, as well as finally beat bomberman 64 100%. I managed to get all 120 gold cards under 2 hours in hard mode (Im sure it could be done in 1:30 if you really tried) and as of now, im trying to get all the custom pieces, but the damn locations change in hard mode...

Offline Chaos Angel 73

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 04:43:26 pm »
I beat Donkey Kong 64 100%. I don't know if that's special, but it's not bad since I was about 11 at the time. God, that ending was stupid...
"If you don't like the world, change yourself first. If you don't like that idea, then close your eyes and ears and live in solitude.
And if you don't like that idea..."
                                          --Motoko Kusanagi

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2004, 06:38:00 am »
I own Panzer Dragoon Saga.....thats an accomplishment in itself, why I hear you ask? Go check it on Ebay and see how much its selling for....and the worst bit? I only paid £35 for it =P

Back to the topic of real accomplishments, I beat anyone I play against at Sega Rally, smashed the preset 3 lap Arcade Mode record by over 9 seconds, and always get to the Lakeside course and win, on any difficulty.

I beat Skies of Arcadia (DC) with all discoveries and crew members, now working on GC version to get all secrets.

I beat very mission on GTA:VC without cheats, something noone else in the area where I live has been able to do (Yeah, I know, we suck =P), now going for 100% completion.

Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 03:18:07 am »
Damnit NintenDan... take away Sonic games, and I've hardly got anything left!

Well, to start I've still got 2 unshared GameFAQs site records in Mario Kart Super Circuit (which it's fair enough to say are WR's with the Japanese invasion):
Donut Plains 1 Fastlap 3"42
Donut Plains 2 Fastlap 7"72
...and I hated those levels...

Plus a whole heap of tied records using those stupid water shortcuts...

Actually, I found a shortcut on Ghost Valley 3 that allowed single lap times of <0"20 as well.

Anything else I've done would have been on my trusty N64. I beat DK64 in something like 14 and a half hours, found a VERY useful glitch on that damn robotic fish in Gloomy Galleon (anyone who's played it will know what I mean) which allows you to basically get double time.

Also, I beat Pokemon Stadium 2 (love it or hate it) COMPLETELY! That means I got the Gligar with Earthquake! ^_^

<3 Thorn.

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 10:11:28 pm »
:o

wow

some impressive stuff

hm...

I dont know why, but I've been time attacking Glover (That crappy N64 game) recently

hehe, Im bored, but here are my times for the first world, so if you're bored as well, and have the game, then go for it!

Atlantis 1: 35 seconds
Atlantis 2: 39 seconds
Atlantis 3: 79 seconds

Carnival 1: 192 seconds ( I think)
Carnival 2: 40 seconds
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 02:56:11 pm by NintenDan »

Offline Shadow Wedge

• Unofficial never-be-first for SAdv
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
    • View Profile
    • http://IT DON'T EXIST ANYMORE
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 01:54:52 pm »
The ability to easily recognise Megaman songs, the ability to beat games faster and easier without playing them before (I did it for my friends Dragon Quarter near the final boss, his Blood Omen 2 about three-quarters through, his Sonic Shuffle [but that doesn't count in this topic], and others)...
That's about it...
<3 Sonic Rush, Sonic Riders, Sonic Rivals. Rolko-style encoding: StH JJ1 Tal+++! $++++ GM
Yes it's correct, that ! is there.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 03:21:42 pm »
Me and my friend sat and played through LotR:RotK in one go once... took us quite a while though, it was really nothing special.

We had some trouble in Cirith Ungol. It was really only on the path of the Hobbits where we had to try again any times. But in Cirith Ungol, first time we played it I managed to kill my friend by dropping a door on him, and numerous times we set eachother on fire. Another time I was too far ahead of him and he fell through the bridge...

Anyways, we beat the main game which is like 80% or something. Would've 100%'d it but... we kinda got bored at that point.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Rolken

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 05:30:40 pm »
Absolutely nothing!

Well, I used to be hardcore into Pokemon back in the day and did some stuff, I guess that counts~
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline qubit

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2004, 08:31:27 pm »
How's this?  Um...wait a minute, what did I accomplish...oh yeah, I thought I had good times in Crash Bandicoot 3 till I saw a Platinum Relic guide by this guy named insane_pyro28 who beat most of the developer times on the levels (The best times Naughty Dog got while playing it).

That's my "accomplishment."

Feast on.
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x
mike89: yes. yes i do.
mike89: but then i find CF odd.
Me: so do I.

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2004, 10:47:10 pm »
Oh, neglected my 180 emblems in SA2B, with all themes, my 120 all A rank file in SH, super hard mode clear, having all trophies in Mario Party 4, and some other stuff I don't feel like mentioning. Oh, yeah, and I...um...collapsed a line in Tetris.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2004, 08:32:14 am »
Yay for more achievements!

FZGX = all cups beat'd in 3 days!

Eh, I've been playing it pretty much non-stop >_<

EDIT: Unlocked all staff ghosts, beaten 5.

Also beat the entire story on Hard, and chapters 2 and 3 on Very Hard.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 12:16:43 am by mike89 »

<3 Thorn.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 09:28:58 pm »
My major accomplishments are
1. Defeating all the robot masters in Mega Man 1-2 without using special weapons.
2. Defeating Ultima, Emerald, and Ruby Weapon in Final Fantasy 7.
3. Defeating Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts.
4. Defeating the Slash, Ozzie, and Flea secret boss battle in Crono Cross.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2004, 11:59:50 am »
I've got some more accomplishments that I'd like to post. Seriously, this thread is getting off topic.
1. Defeated Forgotten One in Castlevania Lament of Innocence.
2. Defeated Galamoth with Richter in Castlevania Symphony of the Night.
3. Defeated Dracula without using any weapons in Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2004, 05:01:04 pm »
My major accomplishments are
1. Defeating all the robot masters in Mega Man 1-2 without using special weapons.
2. Defeating Ultima, Emerald, and Ruby Weapon in Final Fantasy 7.
3. Defeating Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts.
4. Defeating the Slash, Ozzie, and Flea secret boss battle in Crono Cross.
[snapback]4863[/snapback]

Wow! U beat sephiroth? I can only get him down to like halfwya!>.<
As for me here what ive done tht i think is special.

*I beat Ocarina of Time and Master quest with only 3 hearts an i didnt have that power up that made ur health double.

* i beat Zelda Wind waker with 3 hearts also
*I beat Halo on legendary all by myself^^ Im so proud XD

*I caught all 200 pokemon on Ruby
*I completed everything in Skies of Arcadia for GC. Including all the moonfish and the extra bosses and everyones legendary weapons.

*I beat FFX in a week. Playing non-stop
*And i beat Metroid Prime on herd mode...i didnt have all the health things and missle power ups so the last boss took a LONG time to kill
I am unknown...I am the underdog...Yet, I'll slowly blaze my own trail up the ranks. Good luck trying to keep up.

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2004, 02:52:08 pm »
Bah, I've been playnig Time Splitters again. As of now, I believe I have 57 platinums, 5 golds and 4 silvers. In story Mode, Im in chapter 8 in hard mode. So in short, I'm getting close to 100% completion of the game :)

Oh and mike, just keep trying for those very hard chapters in f-zero gx.  Some of the new items you unlock are worth it, but I dont remember for which chapters :(

oh, and er...I updated my.......Glover times <_<   >_>

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2004, 06:10:36 pm »
I'm still working on some with Mega Man X, but here's what I have now.
-Destroyed Chill Penguin, Spark Mandrill, Armored Armadillo, Launch Octopus, and Boomer Kuwanger without using special weapons or sub tanks.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2004, 07:51:14 pm »
Oh and mike, just keep trying for those very hard chapters in f-zero gx. Some of the new items you unlock are worth it, but I dont remember for which chapters :(

I got them all!! ^_^

Also you get the AX cars, most of which aren't all that spectacular - I just use my custom car anyways.

Also 14/26 staff ghosts = beat'd. I doubt I'll catch up to shadowgamer's 25 in the week I have left :(

<3 Thorn.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2004, 02:08:31 am »
I was gonna make a new topic about this, but blah.

Anyone that's played Banjo Tooie and knows the cheats probably recognises that the game could be completed very quickly with them. But just how quick?

Over the past 2 days I've made it my mission to complete the game in under an hour. I've taken my time from 1:21 or so down to 1:02:41 EDIT: 0:59:35 - THE HOUR GOES DOWN!!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 06:04:36 am by mike89 »

<3 Thorn.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2004, 05:26:02 pm »
I was gonna make a new topic about this, but blah.

Anyone that's played Banjo Tooie and knows the cheats probably recognises that the game could be completed very quickly with them. But just how quick?

Over the past 2 days I've made it my mission to complete the game in under an hour. I've taken my time from 1:21 or so down to 1:02:41. If anyone topples the hour (or just wants to post a time) they can do so here.
[snapback]5041[/snapback]
:o That is a really good time, even with the helpful cheats. You got all the jiggies, and jinjos, right? If so, all my base are belong to you. Now, if there was only a way to get all Jiggies without meeting Sergeant Jamjars.....
« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 10:03:30 am by blueblaze »

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Rayku

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2004, 11:39:58 pm »
Erm...not much, really. o.o Most of it's in SSBM or so

SSBM: nothing really special. I'm an event match time attacker, even though all my times blow ass xP Best time I've gotten is probably my Event 37 in 38 seconds. Still going for sub 30, though

F-Zero GX: Got all staff ghosts, all cups beaten, and all cars unlocked in a total of 11 hours of non-stop gameplay. And I still don't know how to spacefly =D

Tales of Symphonia: Beat the game in 14 hours 8 minutes...can get sub 10 hours, I KNOW IT!

Yeah...that's about it. Not too great

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2004, 01:42:38 pm »
your f-zero accomplishments sound impressive!

The only thing I need to work on is those staff ghosts. I only have about 6 or 7 done.

Also, does anybody know if there is a way to clean a specific data block on the nintendo gamecube memory card? For some reason, my Timesplitters file isn't working. It shows up on the memory card when I goto file manager, but when I start the game and select "choose from saved files", it doesnt show up! I tried moving the data to another memory card, but that wont show up either, so its not the memory card :(

Any suggestions?

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2004, 03:56:50 pm »
btw Ninty, congrats for whenever you retake Advance 2....I can probably only take 25 points or so from my total so you'll probably remain unchallenged for a while after that.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2004, 04:52:44 pm »
1. Defeated all 8 robot masters in Mega Man 3 without special weapons. All of these bosses except Spark Man and Gemani Man were also defeated without using E tanks.
2. Defeated Mega Man 7 Dr. Wily without using E Tanks.
3. Finished Castlevania Circle of the Moon in Vampire Killer, Magician, and Fighter modes.
I'm working on Buster only battling on Mega Man 4. So far I've beaten Toad Man, Bright Man, Pharoh Man, Ring Man, and Dust Man.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 04:54:32 pm by magnum12 »

Offline SprintGod

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2004, 12:54:01 pm »
Prince of Persia (PC)
Completed in 14:16.44

Final Fantasy VI
Completed with all characters with an average Level of 7.29
Completed with only the 3 necessary characters at Level 6

Streets of Rage
Cleared without getting hit at Hardest difficulty with Axel
(currently trying to do it again with Blaze. I keep getting hit on Stages 5 and 8, though)

Streets of Rage 2
Cleared in 32:05 at Normal difficulty with Max
999,999 points at Mania difficulty with Axel, starting with one life (I died on the last floor of the final elevator, then finished the game off with 2 more lives)

MAME records (1 credit, default settings)
Alien Syndrome (aliensyn) - 1,581,900 (stage 3-2)
American Speedway (amspdwya) - 293,100
Bad Lands (badlands) - 50,830
Bonanza Bros (bnzabros) - 999,999 (maxed, cleared)
Championship Sprint (csprint) - 40,040
King & Balloon (kingball) - 128,930
Marble Madness (marble) - 208,480 (cleared, no deaths)
Redline Racer (redlin2p) - 12,210
Sprint 1 (sprint1) - 278
Sprint 2 (sprint2) - 484
Sprint 4 (sprint4) - 208
Sprint 8 (sprint8) - 99 (maxed, no crashes)
Super Sprint (ssprint) - 42,600
The Simpsons (simps2pj) - 161,100 (cleared)
World Darts (ar_dart) - 264,200 (cleared)
Xenon (ar_xeon) - 434,810 (stage 2-4)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 10:07:51 pm by SprintGod »
If you don't want people to treat you like you're stupid, then your best defence is to not be stupid.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2004, 01:23:57 am »
Final Fantasy VI
Completed with all characters with an average Level of 7.29
Completed with only the 3 necessary characters at Level 6
O_O
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline DJ Koopa

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2004, 01:13:54 pm »
hmm...
Beat Tony Hawk Underground in 2 days on Sick
Beat Frogger Beyond in 2 days
Beat F-Zero GX Story Mode on Hard
Beat the F-Zero GX Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, and Diamond cup on Expert
Beat Super Monkey Ball on Advanced without dying once (even the extra stages)
Beat Metroid Prime on Hard, 100% Scans, Upgrades, Items, Missle Expansion
can't think of any other games at the moment...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 01:15:20 pm by Turbos »
[img width= height=]http://www.cutandpastescripts.com/cgi-bin/randomimages/randomimages.pl?username=Turbos[/img]

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2004, 07:45:25 am »
Unlocked everything in MK:DD in 2 days, with 6 sets of playing time, no longer than 1 hour (with the exception of the 'All' cups). Plus, all ghosts but 2=UNLOCKER'D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 07:46:02 am by blueblaze »

I HOPE YOU DO

Print

Hits: 329 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.28 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.