don't click here

Post-Xmas Streaming

Print

Author Topic: Post-Xmas Streaming  (Read 80024 times)

Offline flying fox

Re: Possible Xmas Mini-Marathon?
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2012, 04:36:50 pm »
I would need to have a word with Thorn about having the race for the marathon, since he would get the final saying on it.

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2012, 11:02:53 pm »
I would love to do sonic 1 for you, but I can't stream. :(

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2012, 11:42:03 pm »
I'm still up for doing the s3k co-op run with Flying Fox, as soon as we manage to get netplay up and running and see if any lag is workable! Unfortunately we keep missing each other on Skype, hopefully its sorted in the next 24 hours. I've had more time to practice than with Ristar this time and I've been putting more effort in, we must do one of the best, if not THE best Sonic game(in my opinion anyway) of all time justice after all!
If at first you don't succeed, QUIT!

Offline TimpZ

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2012, 01:02:00 am »
I talked to TeeNtee and he's up for sonic 1 if he either can get help fixing the quality of his stream or if it's deemed acceptable.

Just a heads up since we talked about it a few days ago but he apparently didn't post here about it.

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2012, 05:07:28 am »
I can do Sonic Advance 2 again.  Maybe with another character if people want, but I feel Sonic is more exciting.
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline SB737

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2012, 07:51:26 am »
It looks like I'll be doing Sonic 2 at the moment. My stream is http://twitch.tv/sonicboom737 , you can see the quality there. I hope it's up to the standards required, if not let me know and I'll try and sort it.
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2012, 12:52:05 pm »
As TimpZ mentioned earlier, i'm poised to do Sonic 1.
The streaming quality can be checked here. http://twitch.tv/teentee314/b/331839973

Offline TimpZ

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2012, 04:04:38 pm »
SonicBoom I challenge you to a race to get the Sonic 2 spot ;)!

Offline TimpZ

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2012, 04:10:09 pm »
Since not much has been said about the marathon itself I took the liberty to collect all the suggestions/offers so far:

Sonic 1 - Tee-N-Tee
Sonic 1 - SonicBoom737
Sonic 1 - Cream

Sonic 2 - SonicBoom737
Sonic 2 - TimpZ

S3&K Coop - Flying Fox, RPG/Gamble
S3&K (Sonic 100%?) - TimpZ

SA2B Hero - MasterC
SA2B - ptorflaxendrosis

Sonic Advance 2 (Sonic) - Combo

Sonic 06 - Darkstarblaze
Sonic 06 - Paraxade

Unleashed Wii version - CrypticJacknife

Sonic CD 2011 - CrypticJacknife
Sonic CD 2011 (Tails) - FlyingFox

Sonic Generations - SonicBoom737
Sonic Generations - glacials
Sonic Generations - Paraxade

I'd be preferring to choose the runners that are the most proficient with the game they're running, like Tee-N-Tee doing Sonic 1 but I guess it could be up for votes as well?

Any other updates regarding the marathon like finalised dates? Making the marathon official? If this is going to happen then it should be advertised fairly soon. Also if I'd get a spot somewhere then I'd like to know so I can get the practise done which I'm sure others would like as well.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 03:03:00 am by TimpZ »

Offline SB737

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2012, 04:16:11 pm »
i'd do sonic 3, or sonic 3&k too, but if we have to race for it i dont mind

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2012, 08:59:00 pm »
Hyper for everything. Also I may try get equipment this time. /false promises

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline Cream147

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2012, 10:48:38 pm »
My opinion is to choose the best we have available for everything unless there is good reason not to. I think it would be missing the point of the marathon if we didn't showcase the best quality we have at our disposal, unless I'm missing the point of the marathon!

Offline Parax

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2012, 01:41:01 am »
@TimpZ: I offered to do 06 and Generations.

Offline TimpZ

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2012, 03:03:48 am »
@TimpZ: I offered to do 06 and Generations.

You're right, I must have missed it in all the text. I edited my post :)

Offline SB737

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2012, 06:28:12 am »
I'm gonna record a new single segment run of Sonic Generations, because I've got alot better at the challenge acts, planet wisp and chemical plant modern, so I wanna see how good i am now, then I'll let you know, probably wont be better than paraxade but we'll see. :)

Offline DarkAura

« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2012, 05:18:27 pm »
Just saying we should probably start planning this more if it's ever going to happen.
hi my name is izzy and i dye my hair to look like scarlett johansson

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2012, 09:17:52 pm »
So, I'm becoming very hesitant about having the marathon during the suggested December 27 to 30 dates for various reasons. While I understand that my request for games not run during the last marathon is tough due to how much we did last time, nobody's volunteered for such a game yet. Twitch.tv is experimenting with new pages, and the new pages may prevent embedding ChipIn or any HTML whatsoever; they have promised alternative donation options, but this would need to be finalized in time. XSplit captures screen regions by disabling Windows Aero, and as such I cannot smoothly screen capture since I've upgraded to Windows 8 (it and SCFH are the *only* incompatible programs on my machine, go figure). I may struggle to get time off from work to manage things, as the entire month of December is considered sacred in retail and a different job offer I was working with seems to have disappeared. I was hoping SonicAD, as site admin, would be more involved, but he is still rarely active. AGDQ pulling some people away from this marathon doesn't overly limit us, but it is a slight limitation in a growing set.

I'm going to look at things after the weekend's over, and if I think I can still put something together quickly, I'll do so. Otherwise, we may aim for the next holiday break around Easter, again keeping it small to not interfere if we make the summer marathon annual.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline DarkAura

« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2012, 08:11:26 pm »
To be completely honest, I believe that we should hold off this marathon and make one for Easter. If we were to do so, however, we should start to plan now. Thorn made this topic in the beginning of November and we got squat done. It would be too stressful and too hard to plan this thing now. We are losing a few players to AGDQ(?) that could be good candidates for streaming. This will also allow us for figuring out specifics, and not wing it. We can also focus on stream issues, possible dazzle irritations(D8<) and other things of that nature. It would allow for a great charity stream. There needs to be more planning involved and we haven't really done so yet. If we can pull it off, great, but its unlikely. I'm not doubting your abilities, its just very far-fetched. Maybe some of us can do individual streams during the 27-30? It would be optional and it would be entirely their choice and their responsibility.

My two cents.

EDIT: Looking back at previous posts, Generations has been released on iTunes. Just recently. I downloaded a lot of things.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 08:19:38 pm by DarkAura »

Offline TimpZ

« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2012, 09:18:19 pm »
I still think that the race nights should be hosted on the TSC twitch channel in order for it to grow so it can hype upcoming marathons more efficiently. It could also present the race for next week and hopefully get more people involved in it so the races grow bigger. Basically I'm suggesting someone e.g. FF hosting it and restreaming the 2-4 people in the lead, perhaps with a skype call with the ones more involved.

Regarding when the marathon takes place, I still think the suggested date is good but I also think we're running out of time so I'm not sure what to take a stand for. It's also kind of out of my hands :/.

Offline SB737

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2012, 06:18:49 am »
I think that if we get a schedule of exactly what games are going to be done and who can definately do it then there should be no problem to do the marathon on the 27-30 december. Timpz made a list of volunteers and games so I think it's still a possibility. If you need help with anything regarding setting up or organising then I'd be happy to help. :)

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2012, 01:07:44 am »
I know I'm a bit behind on this, but, if you guys want, I'd be willing to do SADX and/or Sonic Heroes, but only if you guys want XD In truth, I have nothing better to do around that time(that I know of, anyways...)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2012, 01:52:39 pm »
Since this topic was bumped anyway, I should mention that while I think we still don't have the organization for an actual charity event in two weeks, I'm not averse to getting some of the more tenured TSCers on the Twitch channel around that time to stream whatever comes to mind.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
Post-Xmas Streaming
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2012, 03:44:04 pm »
Bump. Considering the number of people that were sad when the Xmas marathon was delayed, I still haven't received any feedback regarding the previous post outside of two people on Skype saying "sure, I could do that". On my end, I'm willing to stream NiGHTS HD and SART if my setup works, and if we're really low on content I'll go outside of Sonic and stream Psychonauts because it's awesome.

If we do this, streamers will need to spread the word, as I'm not going to go around advertising the stream when there's no charity involved -- that kind of advertising usually leads to bans on most forums.

Offline SB737

Re: Post-Xmas Streaming
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2012, 01:12:22 pm »
I'll do Sonic 2 speed run, just pm me on IRC if you wanna know my pb or watch my streaming quality etc :) I'll also do sonic 1, my pb is only like 25 minutes though so there might be someone better for the job :) and I'll do sonic generations, ive got plenty of time on my hands :)

Offline SB737

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2013, 12:43:58 pm »
Well we're hoping to have this smaller marathon some time arouund Easter, the one in December never happened for one reason or another, so if we want this one to happen I think planning should start a little bit earlier.

The things it looks like we've already established is the charity to donate to - Child's Play

For games to run and who can run them, Timpz made a list earlier of volunteers etc, but whether those people can still do it or not because of it being at a different time of year, I don't know, and I don't think Timpz's list is fully updated.

The date's aren't confirmed but we know the general time will be March-April.

Another thing that needs organizing is the prizes, they need to not be too expensive, and it would help if they are digital prizes, so steam copies etc, or Amazon's gift shipping could be utilized. (I'm pretty much saying what gerbil said :P) So any suggestions would be useful - no prizes have really  been organized so far in this thread
Maybe thorn could have a say in any extra things I've missed or that he wants to add.

edit: thorn says it'll be longer and more info from him will be available in a few days
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:16:30 pm by SonicBoom737 »

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2013, 12:51:22 pm »
^ I'm going to make a new topic within a few days (once the AGDQ fervor dies down), since one thing I learned from the last marathon was not to trust any posts that are too old and this topic has been around for a while. That said , I don't know where you're getting some of your information about this marathon. Easter's in March, so we aren't initially planning around May, and the only reason the Xmas one was set for about four days was because it was so close to the previous marathon and I wanted to focus on the few games we didn't do. We can make this one however long it needs to be since we've put a good length of time in between it and the previous one.

Offline DarkAura

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2013, 01:22:33 pm »
Sonicboom: The prizes disscussion goes on in the TSC chatroom. That's why there is nothing here, so we don't need to worry on it in the forums.

Print

Hits: 233 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.29 MB | Time: 0.24s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.