don't click here

The Charity Marathon is Here!

Print

Author Topic: The Charity Marathon is Here!  (Read 15789 times)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
The Charity Marathon is Here!
« on: August 20, 2012, 04:08:08 pm »
After months of preparation, it's T minus 22 hours until the marathon! Tune into TSC's Twitch.tv channel to catch the action from Tuesday, August 21 to Sunday, August 26. We'll be amassing donations for Child's Play, which donates toys and games to hospitals around the world to better the lives of admitted children. Come watch our speed runs; get involved in All Stars Racing on Xbox Live and in online PuyoPuyo (Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine to you non-Puyo people); donate to a good cause.

If you like what you see, spread the word!
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline DarkAura

Re: The Charity Marathon is Here!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 04:40:29 pm »
I'm definately coming to donate. It's going to be a good charity stream. I mean, some of the best speed runners speedrunning for charity, it's a win-win situation. I wish I could stream, but I don't have the proper equipment, let alone a laptop. Definately joining in.
hi my name is izzy and i dye my hair to look like scarlett johansson

Offline Antronach

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 05:29:34 am »
I'll donate and join along with All Stars Racing. User name's Pr0fraine. I'm looking forward to this.
Quote from: Emma Lover
Solution? Live with it.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 11:48:26 am »
I really wish I hadn't been busy for most of this week, I'd have liked to commentate more, but it just wasn't in the cards. Good job to all the runners and especially Thorn for all the work he's done and will continue to do.

My S3TA run (Tails) was okay for a live run, especially considering I basically woke up and practiced for 15 mins then did it, then went back to sleep. The other two I hadn't practiced at all and their runs obviously suffered because of it. I saw the stream chat was still very entertained, though, so I was glad.
I will always be willing to do an S3TA run or three if TSC does another marathon. I wasn't able to donate this time, since I am very short on cash and am making it to AGDQ next year, but if there's another marathon you better believe I'll donate.

And really, werster should have been able to run. I won't get into any drama here but that's my opinion and the opinion of many other (highly ranked) TSCers.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:18:51 am by Strong Bad »

Offline Etch

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 05:45:26 am »
Big thanks to everyone who played and made this such a success!

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 11:37:33 am »
I had alot of fun both watching and,inspite of my lousy performance, playing Puyo and Ristar, hope we can do it again in the future! Thanks to everyone involved, especially Thorn for getting this all off the ground! Hope our contribution will help brighten the lives of atleast a few sick children in a hospital somewhere in this world, great to think that by playing the games we love we can make a difference to the lives of those less fortunate. Sky Patrol marathon next I think, that'll really rake in the cash!
If at first you don't succeed, QUIT!

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 03:11:39 pm »
The Puyo event was FUN.

Can we get a summary on how donations went throughout the week please?
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline yoshifan

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 04:09:34 pm »
That was a really entertaining week - thanks to everyone involved for making it awesome.  And I have to say, I had serious doubts about us hitting the $1500 goal, but amazingly we passed that goal and got plenty more in the end!

Gamble: you were definitely the least lousy performer in Puyo, out of 15 or so different players, for what that's worth.

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 09:35:54 pm »
That's awesome! I'm actually doing a speech on Child's Play tomorrow, so this is great that I can talk about what you guys did, if that's alright with you guys.
Rings are my specialty.

Print

Hits: 398 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.