don't click here

Sonic Generations Speed Glitch Execution Dispute

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Generations Speed Glitch Execution Dispute  (Read 37731 times)

Re: Sonic Generations Speed Glitch Execution Dispute
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2012, 03:45:28 am »
Well my controller is worn out as well, but i can still do it with a new controller easily, i dont mind if the glitches get banned altogether.

However i think that banning it will result in killing the competition at all.

Seperate charts could be a solution.

But the online charts are already broken.

Aitamen had a good point as long as the input is human then its OK.

Offline SB737

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 11:57:58 am »
i dont think there is a way to check if people dont cheat, some people dont have ways to record there hands, it requires honesty,

And rubber bands and anything like that should be banned, because its just as bad as a modded controller in my opinion.
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline TimpZ

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 05:17:08 pm »
I think banning worn controllers is as stupid as banning 3rd party controllers or banning widescreen TV's because they don't have the rounding effect in the edges.

I personally even have multiple controllers for different games because that's what I'm comfortable with. Getting used to a new controller takes a while even. As long as it's not as broken as e.g. pressing left+right in AlttP or Zelda 2 where you actually NEED a broken or modded controller I think it should NOT be banned.

Either way there's no conceivable way to control and enforce if someones controller is worn or even modded so the whole argument is kind of redundant.

Offline dwhitethegamer

• Speedstar.
  • Oracle of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • THE ultimate gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 11:16:18 am »
I personally think it should be banned.
Why?  Well, this story should help.

I was playing Generations with my 2nd cousin... well I was playing by myself in the regular game, online, however, we were competing on City Escape, Act 2, on the 30 second trial; I currently hold the lead.  I was on the hub world w/ Classic Sonic trying my damn hardest to execute the glitch over and over and over etc.  At one point I managed to do it, but that was it. 

The glitch is too hard to execute without a worn or modded controller.  I saw a video teaching you how to do it, and I tried to copy it, but that one time was the only time I was able to do it.  Personally, this method practically eliminates the competition to gamers who can never execute it.

And that's why it should be banned.
The best of what the gamers are made of.

The gaming miracle.

Offline Inuyasha

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2013, 01:49:33 pm »
This is so stupid.

In absolutely no other game would "Ban controllers that are too worn" be a statement taken seriously.  The thought of a first-party, 100% legitimate controller suddenly becoming illegitimate because it's worn out "too much" should give you guys a good idea JUST how stupid this glitch really is.

Just ban the damn glitch and get it over with.  Then maybe you'll get actual competition on Generations again.

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2013, 02:02:36 pm »
Ban something that will always happen over time no matter what if you don't buy a new controller? You really couldn't track these things in the first place, unlike turbo controllers. Yeah... No, it's just not realistic. Any more posts on this is rather idiotic, in my opinion

Offline SB737

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2013, 03:00:13 pm »
Man dont know why this had to be brought up agaim, ban the glitch? thats a crazy idea, i dont think anyone wants to go through the charts and pick out when d-speed/m-speed was used, its just not possible same goes for unleashed, to ban it the charts would have to be nuked and everyone would have to start a fresh, which cant happen. Complaints have been that its so hard unless you use a rubber band or something, almost impossible, well first off this is coming from a banned member, so I dont know why they are trying to change the rules (yer i got that alot too when i was banned :P) and second of all its easy to pull off, the upright method i get virtually every time, and the tilt forward i get most of the time too, just practice, you dont ban something just because its very hard, otherwise loads of glitches would have to be banned on tsc cos they're very tough to pull off.
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline Parax

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2013, 06:29:11 am »
You guys know this thread is well over a year old, right? Thread necromancy is a sin.

Print

Hits: 909 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.05 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.