don't click here

One Final Challenge

Poll

Would you be interested in performing a friendship-themed Emerald Challenge? (Two players will be required to work together to earn it.)

Yes.
9 (81.8%)
No.
1 (9.1%)
Don't know enough about Emerald Challenges to say anything.
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Print

Author Topic: One Final Challenge  (Read 6458 times)

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
One Final Challenge
« on: March 12, 2012, 11:04:08 pm »
Right. So I have intent to release one final emerald, but only if there's still demand for it.

So I'll ask you EC fans: Would you like to see a final challenge color introduced here?

Its color will be gold, and themed by Friendship. It will require the cooperation of two players working together to achieve a goal.

For those who can't find someone to help them at home, there are two additional options.

The first is called OpenKaillera, a mod of the well-known Kaillera software built-in with Gens. It comes with an input recording feature much like the .giz format, that begins recording when you start the game. Furthermore, it also has a P2P option that allows players to connect without needing the middleman of a server, significantly reducing the delay often seen through normal Kaillera play.

The other option is using normal Kaillera and playing with a judge, but only upon the judge's invitation. I won't have anyone asking a judge to play with them, because that would be far too taxing.

Feel free to post your opinions here, as well as any questions you might have about this theme. If I see enough interest, I'll provide a spoiler for this last pair of challenges.

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
Re: One Final Challenge
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 04:47:00 am »
So this can be done with anyone, not just q TSCer? Sounds interesting but I'll have to take a look at the other challenges if they're still obtainable.

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 05:27:50 am »
Kaillera is a laggy piece of crap and if this final challenge is going to be anything similar to the old Gold Super and Master Emeralds you wrote it will be borderline impossible to do over netplay
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 04:48:16 pm »
I should reiterate for RPG that I'm talking about OpenKaillera, not Kaillera.

Print

Hits: 1,117 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1012.19 KB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.