don't click here

Devil May Cry reboot.

Print

Author Topic: Devil May Cry reboot.  (Read 11083 times)

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Devil May Cry reboot.
« on: September 16, 2010, 06:39:27 pm »
At the TGS, Capcom announced that Devil May Cry is getting a reboot. Here's the trailer. I am not a happy man.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/09/15/devil-may-cry-debut-trailer?objectid=85707

That is NOT Dante at all. More like Dumpte.

Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Paused

Re: Devil May Cry reboot.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 12:55:19 pm »
I may be wrong about this as I am not a huge DMC fan...

But wasn't the general opinion after DMC4 that, gameplay differences aside, as a character Dante was far more fun to play as, due to his personality being geared towards just that; having fun?

And the response to that is making another new character, but calling him Dante?  As if it were the name of the character that was the important thing?

At least Dante seems to have a weapon that can emulate Nero's arm now, so he does not need to come back.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 02:53:27 pm »
At first people hated Nero. That is until they played the game and saw just how fun his arm was. It also helped that he was just such a funny, snarky troll towards his enemies.

This guy on the other hand seems like a cheap way to make the game "darker and edgier." This reboot (retcon) also means  that the Dante we know and love has been forever retconned out of existance in favor of this loser. Remember, there is no such thing as a good retcon as the typical quality of a typical retcon is One More Day.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 06:19:36 pm »
There are amazing ret-cons out there.

Anyway, the game went from challenging to button-mashing... I wanna see it not suck again, the first one was fucking amazing.
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline oldskoolgamer101

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 02:13:15 pm »
They're rebooting it? Christ it wasn't that long ago the original was kicking around new. Time flies.

Offline Dark Sonic

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 07:15:40 am »
At the TGS, Capcom announced that Devil May Cry is getting a reboot. Here's the trailer. I am not a happy man.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/09/15/devil-may-cry-debut-trailer?objectid=85707

That is NOT Dante at all. More like Dumpte.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this.  I am a huge DMC fan and I felt gutted when I saw the new Dante.  Why the heck did they make him a smoker now too?  Can anyone say CLICHE!!!!!

Print

Hits: 220 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.