don't click here

ATTN: Wellbe6 (from Mario Center)

Print

Author Topic: ATTN: Wellbe6 (from Mario Center)  (Read 4398 times)

Offline yoshifan

ATTN: Wellbe6 (from Mario Center)
« on: December 12, 2010, 02:43:05 am »
I hope it's okay if I bring up a semi-handled Mario Center case here (and yes, a months old case... I've been busy/lazy).  I figure this is a better idea than trying to catch an unsuspecting mod in the TSC chat to handle this.  I'll try to give plenty of detail so that someone not so familiar with Mario can take further action/inaction on this post.
If this isn't okay, this topic can be removed.

I'd like to suggest that Wellbe6's times be removed from the rankings.  He has many submissions in Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, but it's mainly his SMG2 submissions that concern me.

In Super Mario Galaxy 2, Wellbe6 submitted many first place times (times page here), many of which tied the incumbent first-place times despite the fact that the game tracks centiseconds (see the "2 players" records here).  Other submitted times beat packattack's well-optimized (as evidenced by videos) times by significant margins.  Wellbe6 submitted enough to gain the championship for Galaxy 2.

I sent Wellbe6 a PM and mentioned that his times were obviously fake to me, but I did not mention specifically why, or which ones.  I'm not sure if he noticed the PM, but a few days later he changed about eight of his submissions into slower times (all 6 Sky Station levels, and the first 2 stars of Yoshi Star).  Most of these times were suspicious ties before he changed them.  He changed enough stuff so that he would forfeit his championship.  Many of the new slower times were strangely even times such as 1:50.00.  He's changed some of these times yet again on November 28, so check out the stat histories if you're inclined to.

Many of the un-changed times are still strange centisecond ties or beat solid records by large margins (e.g. by 2 seconds in a 20 second level).

About a week after the PM, I posted in TMC's Leaderboard Disputes to call out Wellbe6.  He visited the forum well after the LD post was made, but hasn't replied.

I'd also heard that Wellbe6 got into some trouble at Cyberscore ( http://www.cyberscore.me.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1323.0 ), though that may or may not hold weight for this case.

Offline SonicandInuyasha

Re: ATTN: Wellbe6 (from Mario Center)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 02:03:37 pm »
The times look real to me!

Also there's fake time in New SMB wii by meatlkirby.
I love to play Mario and Sonic games with a mix of Donkey Kong and Kirby games. Yes I'm a Nintendo nerd.

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
Re: ATTN: Wellbe6 (from Mario Center)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 02:24:05 pm »
I think that the evidence presented by yoshifan is more than enough to warrant the deletion of all the statistics submitted by this player.

The times look real to me!

Also there's fake time in New SMB wii by meatlkirby.

Read these rules carefully, please.
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Print

Hits: 880 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.