don't click here

Shadow the Hedgehog video requests

Print

Author Topic: Shadow the Hedgehog video requests  (Read 130117 times)

Offline OmegaDJ

Shadow the Hedgehog video requests
« on: December 08, 2010, 11:10:57 am »
Since I've started to make videos, I was wondering if anyone had any requests of what they'd like to see get done. I'll try to do these requests to the best of my ability (and memory though I'm pretty sure I remember the strategies.) I'll try to do what's requested however I'm sure some requests will be better than others (there are some annoying strategies that are difficult to work with to get the record.) I've already made a few videos for Shadow and you can check these out on YouTube. I guess I'll accept re-do requests (videos I've already made but are horrible or are not close to the record even though it's the same strategy, take The Doom: Dark: 2:51:13 as an example since it's 9 seconds off the record) though I'll probably do non re-dos first. I'll try to set new records in the videos, my current records are a sight to behold, but I don't think they're perfect yet.

I hope to get some videos done over Christmas break (provided people actually request stuff, and my game treats me nicely.) Also, this is for Shadow the Hedgehog requests only (obviously.)

Try to post your requests in this format:
level: mission (dark, hero, normal): division (time or score) -or- boss: division (puro hero, hero, neutral, dark, pure dark) -or- level: rings

Link to my channel:
www.youtube.com/user/OmegaDJ169

Well, I hope to see people requesting. Thanks for your time. Also, make sure you check my channel (or the videos section) so you don't request something that has already been done (unless you want it re-done.)

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Shadow the Hedgehog video requests
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 11:12:42 am »
Mad Matrix (Dark): Time

Offline flying fox

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 12:41:37 pm »
Cryptic Castle: Rings please I think I'm missing about 3 or 6 from max :(

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 01:25:42 pm »
Mad Matrix (Dark): Time
Accepted.

Cryptic Castle: Rings
I don't know, when I did this in 2008, the run was over 30 mins long (it is a long ring attack.) I don't want to make a super long video (though i may cut it up into parts.) We'll see, it will depend on how fast I can do it and on the video length.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 02:08:34 pm »
Heh I was going to ask if you could do a guide instead if it was too much of a bother. I had a quick check on the guides section for Shadow and I saw you already did one. So that will do for me :)

How about Central City: Rings would that be ok? :o

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 05:54:54 pm »
Heh I was going to ask if you could do a guide instead if it was too much of a bother. I had a quick check on the guides section for Shadow and I saw you already did one. So that will do for me :)

That guide isn't much of a help since it basically talks about what to get from the checks, but whatever. I'll tell you this, be careful, Cryptic Castle can get very annoying, especially with the damage abuse. You might want to try damage abuse at another check (rather than the 7th) to abuse damage. Also, make sure you check the entire level, there are holes in the walls, check behind the cracked walls that can be broken, etc.

How about Central City: Rings would that be ok? :o
Accepted.

Also (on a random side note), I am alright with people requesting stuff I have already made guides for (I have guides and videos for: Mad Matrix: Hero: Time, Space Gadget: Dark: Time, Egg Fleet: Sonic: Extra: 620 Rings and Egg Fleet: Dark: Extra)

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 12:59:46 pm »
I need help on Lethal Highway and Glyphic Canyon. I cheated my way in getting 20 rings in Lethal highway when I had 48 rings. Thanks for your help!
I love to play Mario and Sonic games with a mix of Donkey Kong and Kirby games. Yes I'm a Nintendo nerd.

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 01:32:59 pm »
Cosmic Fall Hero (time)
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 02:59:15 pm »
I need help on Lethal Highway and Glyphic Canyon.

So what exactly are you requesting? Times? Scores? Rings?

Cosmic Fall Hero (time)

Another one to add to the list. Accepted.

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 03:01:16 pm »
EVERYTHING! (time)

<_<

>_>
* Taillow shot
Hi

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 03:07:22 pm »
Rings!!!!
I love to play Mario and Sonic games with a mix of Donkey Kong and Kirby games. Yes I'm a Nintendo nerd.

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 03:27:50 pm »
I need help on Lethal Highway and Glyphic Canyon.

So what exactly are you requesting? Times? Scores? Rings?

Cosmic Fall Hero (time)

Another one to add to the list. Accepted.

I need help on rings for both levels.

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 03:33:45 pm »
EVERYTHING! (time)

Umm... No. D;

Do you want anything specific for times (that hasn't already been uploaded or requested by other members)?

I need help on rings for both levels.
So Lethal Highway: Rings and Glyphic Canyon: Rings. I'll try, I'll need to develop some speed ring attack tactics, or cut up the videos (because I don't want a long video.)

Also, since a good portion of these requests (so far) are ring attacks, I'll tell you all that considering how long some of these may take, it may determine whether I do the request or not. However, I will try, I promise.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 03:42:37 pm »
Also, since a good portion of these requests (so far) are ring attacks, I'll tell you all that considering how long some of these may take, it may determine whether I do the request or not. However, I will try, I promise.

I was going to ask for more ring attack videos but I haven't really looked into the levels that I haven't done yet. The ones I did weren't too hard so I'm going to try and do them myself, since RA's seem to be my thing. However if I do have any trouble and this topic dies down by the time I go back to Shadow, would it be ok to make a request on your youtube channel? Sorry stupid question but I have to ask >_>

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 03:59:14 pm »
However if I do have any trouble and this topic dies down by the time I go back to Shadow, would it be ok to make a request on your youtube channel? Sorry stupid question but I have to ask >_>

Sure you can post a comment or PM me on YT. Though hopefully this topic won't be dead. Also, even if you leave a request it may take a while before I can do it (though I hope to get these done over Christmas break), if not you may end up waiting until Summer (May 2011 at least).

Offline flying fox

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 05:32:44 pm »
Sure you can post a comment or PM me on YT. Though hopefully this topic won't be dead. Also, even if you leave a request it may take a while before I can do it (though I hope to get these done over Christmas break), if not you may end up waiting until Summer (May 2011 at least).

That's ok, it'll be a while before I go back to Shadow. I'm concentrating on two other games at the moment and I have other stuff going too :o

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 04:53:38 am »
video length doesn't matter anymore, so make em as long as needed.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Paused

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 10:56:15 am »
I would be intrested in quite a few actually...

Westopolis Hero; Score
Prison Island Hero; Time
Glyphic Canyon Dark; Time
Sky Troops Hero; Time
Death Ruins Hero; Time
Lost Impact Hero; Score
The Last Way; Time

Heavy Dog, and the Super Shadow fights would be nice too.

My thanks if you do any of these, and for alowing requests in the first place.  ..I'll try not to think of any more.

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 12:56:29 pm »
video length doesn't matter anymore, so make em as long as needed.
That's good to know. Thanks.

I would be intrested in quite a few actually...

Westopolis Hero; Score
Prison Island Hero; Time
Glyphic Canyon Dark; Time
Sky Troops Hero; Time
Death Ruins Hero; Time
Lost Impact Hero; Score
The Last Way; Time

Heavy Dog, and the Super Shadow fights would be nice too.

Whoa!! Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Since the Westopolis: Hero: Score and Lost Impact: Hero: Score records I got were achieved from TAs, I'll just TA them (and try not to hurt any GUN soldiers or destroy things I don't need to while TAing.) Usually when you're doing a mission in Shadow, you can get two records (Time and Score) just from TAing. Is it alright if they are TAs? Consider all of them (though they be many) accepted.

Now here is an update (so far). I' ve done a few of these, however, they weren't done to the best of my ability. Reason for that is because the C Stick on my GameCube controller is broken. (The C Stick controls the camera angle.) I had to fight with the camera angle, I do have other controllers, but they're all broken as well. Perhaps I should think about getting a new controller before doing the rest of these. I'm happy I (at least) got the following done though:

Frog Forest: Dark: Extra: 5:39:18 (I know it's from Heroes, but I had to Sub 6. It was something I felt I just had to accomplish.)
Mad Matrix: Dark: Time: 5:01:27 (Camera angle nonsense (and a few mistakes) prevented me from filming a Sub 5 run, but it is the same strategy. If you want groudon I can re-film it.)
Central City: 351 Rings (Camera angle messed me up here to, but I managed to get all the rings with 1:30 left on the clock.)
Glyphic Canyon: 367 Rings (I actually did this faster than I thought I would, it's the damage abuse that makes it so time-consuming.)

I'll try to get these uploaded soon. Also, I will look into getting a new controller (you may not know it, but you sometimes need the camera at a certain angle in order to get some things right, that and I'm pretty fed up with fighting the camera.)

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 01:00:50 pm »
Mad Matrix: Dark: Time: 5:01:27 (Camera angle nonsense (and a few mistakes) prevented me from filming a Sub 5 run, but it is the same strategy. If you want groudon I can re-film it.)

No need to.

Offline Paused

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 02:48:11 pm »
Whoa!! Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Since the Westopolis: Hero: Score and Lost Impact: Hero: Score records I got were achieved from TAs, I'll just TA them (and try not to hurt any GUN soldiers or destroy things I don't need to while TAing.) Usually when you're doing a mission in Shadow, you can get two records (Time and Score) just from TAing. Is it alright if they are TAs? Consider all of them (though they be many) accepted.

TA would be more than fine.  I was thinking of putting TA/Score for those anyway.  Yeah  it is quite the list.  To be honest I'll be watching all the videos you make anyway, just seeing those would be cool, so do not consider them with any sort of priority.

Thanks again.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2010, 06:19:20 am »
Central City: 351 Rings (Camera angle messed me up here to, but I managed to get all the rings with 1:30 left on the clock.)

Thanks for that. Can I ask for Iron Jungle: Rings next please? Once I have finished either the score or times chart on Sonic Chaos I'll be taking a few days break from that game and do some Shadow RAing.

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2010, 11:16:57 am »
Can I ask for Iron Jungle: Rings next please?
You certainly can. (Funny thing though, DsS said he'd make a vid (which was 2 years ago) and that never happened, but the strat was revealed.) Also, Flying Fox feel free to request the other RAs now so that I can put them on my list so they get done. 

Also, more updates:
I got a new controller (now I don't have to fight the camera and more requests can get done. Yay!!:D)

I also have more vids done (as of now):
Lethal Highway: 369 Rings
Cosmic Fall: Hero: 2:26:61 (New record is vidded. :D)
Robot Storm: Dark: 2:52:08 (not the record but it is the same strategy)

Also, it's taking a long time for YouTube to upload the videos (and that's probably because my internet service at home is slow.) Also, (apparenty) trying to upload the videos slows down my family's network, and they make me cancel the upload because of it. I also tried uploading it overnight, but for some reason the upload always failed. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'll still be making vids, but it might be a while before they are uploaded. (January is probably when I'll be able to upload these, but hopefully I can get some of these uploaded over break)

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2010, 03:49:41 pm »
Can you do Air Fleet Dark mission. I have never done the mission. I wanted the a-rank when I beat the mission under a min. so i can get a good score too.

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2010, 01:59:40 am »
Can you do Air Fleet Dark mission.
The time or the score?

Update (again):
I got a:
Westopolis: Hero: Score: 45120 video (finishing time was 2:13:66, though I was hoping to get a new time record as well, but this level is a pain and I'm done with it after hours of torture.)

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 05:42:42 pm »
Can you do Air Fleet Dark mission.
The time or the score?

Update (again):
I got a:
Westopolis: Hero: Score: 45120 video (finishing time was 2:13:66, though I was hoping to get a new time record as well, but this level is a pain and I'm done with it after hours of torture.)
[/quote

Well Time because I want to get the easy way out of getting a good time and score from the trick. Well it could be a time or score.

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 07:22:14 pm »
Well Time because I want to get the easy way out of getting a good time and score from the trick. Well it could be a time or score.

I already have a guide for the dark mission time. Do you still want a time vid anyway or shall I do a score?

Also, (yet another) update. I worked outrageously hard over the past few days and I now have:
Glyphic Canyon: Dark: Time: 2:16:45 (new record vidded (though it can easily improve). :D)
Prison Island: Hero: Time: 2:10:55 (new record vidded. :D)
Sky Troops: Hero: Time: 2:32:27 (Could be better (since I made mistakes), but this level was frustrating me so I just went for something out of desperation)
Death Ruins: Hero: Time: 1:39:77 (This frustrated me as well, but at least it's Sub 1:40.)
Lost Impact: Hero: Time: 4:24:03 (Score was bad, but the time is good.)
Heavy Dog: 0:18:64 (Could be better, but I'm glad I subbed 20 seconds.)
The Last Way: Time: 1:27:24 (Needs improved, but I'm happy I got this.)
Devil Doom: 1:02:78 (This guy was getting annoying, so I just decided to take any run I could get, though it's 10 seconds off my best.)
Iron Jungle: 363 Rings (I barely got this, I almost died a few times in the run, but I got it. :D)

Still not sure what I'm going to do about uploading, but you can definitely expect these in January for sure.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2010, 06:44:37 am »
Ok here's some more all rings please:

Cryptic Castle (if possible)
Prison Island
Mad Matrix
Death Ruins
Space Gadget
Lava Shelter
Cosmic Fall
Final Haunt

Since I've finally finished my times chart on Sonic Chaos, I'm going to take a small break from chaos up to the new year and do some shadow RAing. I'll try and do some of these on my own and if I do get lucky and get the record, I'll let you know so you don't waste your time. Although I have a feeling that you'll beat me to it since I can't remember how Shadow RA's work again and need to figure it out :(

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2010, 09:04:15 am »
Ok here's some more all rings please:

Cryptic Castle (if possible)
Prison Island
Mad Matrix
Death Ruins
Space Gadget
Lava Shelter
Cosmic Fall
Final Haunt

Since I've finally finished my times chart on Sonic Chaos, I'm going to take a small break from chaos up to the new year and do some shadow RAing. I'll try and do some of these on my own and if I do get lucky and get the record, I'll let you know so you don't waste your time. Although I have a feeling that you'll beat me to it since I can't remember how Shadow RA's work again and need to figure it out :(

If it helps, there are guides for:
Cryptic Castle (though I already told you this)
Prison Island (if you come up 2 rings short, go to the 3rd check and break a nearby canister to find two more rings)
Space Gadget
Cosmic Fall

Since each of these levels are damaged, I'll tell you where it is done for each:
Mad Matrix - 3rd check (the one in the orange (or is it yellow) tower)
Death Ruins - 1st check (don't worry the back-track is easy)
Final Haunt - 7th check

Also, there is a video for Lava Shelter by Paraxade. Now to get the extra 10 rings, do not use chaos control (when Parax did that in his vid he destroyed a crate holding a 10-ring capsule) Also, be patient when sucking up rings at the final defense system (it can take a while before you have 449).

Even if I beat you to these, chances are they still won't be uploaded til January. Hope this helps you a little bit.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:11:36 am by OmegaDJ »

Offline Paused

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2010, 09:43:02 am »
*All the videos I had requested*
Once again, many thanks.  Looking forward to seeing them next year.

Print

Hits: 408 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.27 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.