don't click here

Question for Europeans

Print

Author Topic: Question for Europeans  (Read 5402 times)

Offline P.P.A.

Question for Europeans
« on: November 18, 2009, 03:40:22 am »
If you record videos of PAL games in 60hz (i.e. basically Gamecube/PS2 and upwards), what do you use? My DVD recorder can only handle NTSC or PAL in 50 hz, so I would like to know...
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline flying fox

Re: Question for Europeans
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 09:34:08 am »
I've tried using my DVD recorder to record my vids but I can't get it too work. So instead I use a dazzle, a scart switching box, a set of RCA cables, a scart plug and a scart connector which you should have if you have a Xbox 360.

Doing it this way you can still use your TV to see what you're doing instead of using this pathetic little screen on your computer >_> This also splits the connection so that the quality of the audio and picture are perfect :) as demostrated here on one of my last vid. You can check out my other vids to check the quality but I would advise to not see the early ones as youtube changed over the months and they look terrible. Just see the latest ones.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FlyingfoxUK#p/a/u/0/TW7EK2AeeRM

I have used my GC, Wii and my Xbox 360 on this. You can swtich between PAL and NTSC and you can record your vids as MP3, MP4 or AVI. I hope that was useful to you :)

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 10:07:35 am »
Dazzle? http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Dazzle/ this?
I might try that... so far the method I have been using was that I used a SCART box to split the signal of my consoles into the DVD recorder and my TV, so I could use the latter while recording simultaneously. This works well for the most part, but only with NTSC or PAL-50 isgnals. It fails for more modern consoles which can output PAL 60hz though.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 10:26:54 am »
Yeah that's the one. I use the one called video creator platinum. I remember that I could record GC games when using the DVD recorder but not when using the 360 :( I think it might have something to do with the signals I'm not sure. I don't really know a lot about this stuff. All I know it works for me :)

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 07:21:56 pm »
Thanks, I shall give it a try. :o

Print

Hits: 172 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1002.50 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.