don't click here

ZELDA TIMELINE DISCUSSION

Print

Author Topic: ZELDA TIMELINE DISCUSSION  (Read 18739 times)

Offline P.P.A.

ZELDA TIMELINE DISCUSSION
« on: July 15, 2009, 02:46:46 pm »
These three arcs are officially confirmed, as in through developer interviews or completely undoubted in-game references. Put into quotes to save space, also I AM A NERD AND HAVE TOO MUCH TIME
TIMELINE 1-A:
Ocarina of Time: Ganondorf gets a hold of the Triforce of Power for the first time, the other two awaken as well. Link travels into the ruined future; Ganondorf is defeated and sealed away by the 7 mages.
Child Ending:After Link, the Hero of Time, beats Ganon in the future, he is sent back into the present by Zelda.
[(TP) Zelda, being aware of what Ganondorf is up to, lets him be captured and executed. That fails, so he is locked away in the Twilight Ream.] (Placement A)
Majora's Mask: The Hero of Time traverses Termina and saves it from destruction and returns to Hyrule.[(TP) Zelda, being aware of what Ganondorf is up to, lets him be captured and executed. That fails, so he is locked away in the Twilight Ream.]
(Placement B, doesn't really matter actually)
[(TP) About a century passes. New Link, new Zelda, OoT Ganondorf takes over the Twilight Realm and plots his return to Hyrule.]Twilight Princess: OoT Ganondorf returns from his shady exile and tries to take over Hyrule once more; TP Zelda and TP Link, Hero of Beasts, defeat him, he turns into stone.
TIMELINE 1-B:
Ocarina of Time: Ganondorf gets a hold of the Triforce of Power for the first time, the other two awaken as well.Link travels into the ruined future; Ganondorf is defeated and sealed away by the 7 mages.
Adult Ending: Link is sent back into the present, Zelda and the others remain and start rebuilding the destroyed Hyrule.
[(WW) Eventually, Ganon returns and starts wreaking havoc in Hyrule again. Since Link is in a different time line no hero returns to save the country, and thus the Gods seal it under the ocean along with Ganondorf and the King while parts of the population evades onto the mountaintops.]
[(WW) A few centuries pass, the Zora evolve into the Orni, the story about he legendary hero becomes a legend and Hyrule is forgotten.]
Wind Waker A reincarnation of the Hero of Time starts his adventure from Outset Island to defeat Ganondorf, whose seal was weakened. Ganondorf plans to resurrect Hyrule draining the dead, fishless ocean and almost succeeds in doing so, but the King of Hyrule wishes to sink the country forever and so it happens. The Hero of Wind and the new Princess Zelda aka Tetra befeat Ganondorf who turns into stone.
Phantom Hourglass Haven't played it yet, but of what I read it takes place shortly after WW, still using the hero of Winds and Tetra-Princess Zelda. Also the Wind Fish is awake, ergo this takes place after Link's Awakening somehow.
TIMELINE 2:
[(TMC) The Minish bestow a holy sword upon an unnamed hero who defeats evil with it.]
The Minish Cap: Vaati unleashes hell in Hyrule trying to get his hands on the Force, lying dormant within Zelda. Link, the Hero of... I don't know actually manages to restore the Sword of Four to its old power, seals Vaati, and returns peace to Hyrule.
[A few centuries or so pass.]
Four Swords: A new Princess Zelda is kidnapped by Vaati, whose seal was weakened over time. A new Link uses the Sword of Four to defeat and seal him again.
Four Swords Adventures The Link from Four Swords encounters Shadow Link and is forced to draw the Sword of Four again, freeing Vaati once again. He rescues the 7 maidens, including Zelda, and defeats Shadow Link and Vaati, this time for good. Ganon is then revealed to have been manipulating stuff from a while, and he claims that magic trident, but is defeated by Link in the Dark World. Then the 7 wise maidens seal him away. SINCE THE OOT->ALTTP CONNECTION WAS RECTONNED VIA WW AND TP, THIS IS MOST LIKELY THE SEAL WAR ALTTP TALKS ABOUT, NOT 100% CONFIRMED THOUGH
[(ALttP) A few centuries pass again]
A Link to the Past: Through Agahnim, Ganon plots his return from the Shadow Realm/Dark World through the sacrifice of the maiden descendants of the 7 wise "men" having sealed Ganon during the Seal Wars. Link, said to be the descendant of an heroic knight having fought there, foils his plans and Ganon with hois trident is slain.
[(OoA/OoS)SPECULATION: Link gets bored and rides around a bit, ending up in the countries the games take place in.
Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons (linkup): Through General Onox and whatever that villain from OoA was called again, Twinrova try to resurrect Ganon. With the help of Zelda's nurse Impa (ergo this Link knew a Zelda, making a connection to ALttP likely), Link defeats them/her/whatever and then kills a half-baked, semi-ressurected Ganon (wielding a trident HINT HINT).
[(LA)SPECULATION: Link wants home.]
Link's Awakening: Link, who knows a Zelda, is on his way home from an adventure in a faraway country but ends up in the dreams of the Wind Fish. He awakens him and continues his travel homewards.
TIMELINE 3, no known connections to anything else:
[(AoL) Zelda in the possession of the Triforce of Wisdom hides it from ehr greedy brother. In response he uses an evil wizard to put ehr into an eternal sleep. He feels guilty and thus declares that henceforth, all females born into the royal family of Hyrule shall be named "Zelda".]
Legend of Zelda: Link reunites the Triforce of Power and kills Ganon.
Adventure of Link The Triforce of Courage appears on Link's hand, and Zelda's nurse Impa tells him to go and get an alarm clock for the second Zelda who has been sleeping for centuries. Link gets the Triforce of Wisdom and awakens her. Meanwhile, Ganon's minions including a Shadow Link try to resurrect him but fail.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
Re: ZELDA TIMELINE DISCUSSION
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 04:11:25 pm »
And I assume Spirit Tracks is just noob and his its own little noobish storyline.
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 04:58:58 pm »
I demand this be moved to Sonic 06 Appreciation Land. Right now.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 05:59:11 pm »

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 06:44:31 pm »
I demand this be moved to Sonic 06 Appreciation Land. Right now.
I demand Ring Rush be moved to Sonic 06 Appreciation Land. Right now.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 10:58:37 pm »
Dear douglas: YOU'RE WINNER
Aside from that, I've been muchly curious about this myself.  Though to be frank I'm more interested in the Sonic timeline (where exactly does Battle go again?)
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 11:18:40 pm »
moar liek FF Timelien, amirite?

</RPGnutter>
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 03:19:51 am »
For those unaware, I'm pretty sure the topic is a response to this. Feel free to correct me though, PPA.

Also as this is my first post in some time I would just like to point out that rumours of my departure have been greatly exaggerated.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Selphos

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 03:29:05 am »
Face, fucking meet palm.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 03:31:50 am »
Actually Zelda timelines were brought up in the channel and I mentioned that I made a post at CulT in a related topic. Zeupar wanted to see it but couldn't access the forum without registering to I pasted it here for him to see.

Also I do not entirely understand the overreactions. Anything fundamentally wrong with my theory?
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Selphos

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 06:15:48 am »
My most recent comment was in response to mike's link.

edit: Oh wait. WOO 900TH POST
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 06:27:05 am by Pidgey »

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 07:01:00 am »
Actually Zelda timelines were brought up in the channel and I mentioned that I made a post at CulT in a related topic. Zeupar wanted to see it but couldn't access the forum without registering to I pasted it here for him to see.

I have an account on Cult. >_>

Also I do not entirely understand the overreactions. Anything fundamentally wrong with my theory?

They are just haters.
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline Alondite

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 07:43:42 am »
For those unaware, I'm pretty sure the topic is a response to this. Feel free to correct me though, PPA.

Also as this is my first post in some time I would just like to point out that rumours of my departure have been greatly exaggerated.

That reminds me of This song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDxAcek8RGk

Anyway...

I have toyed a bit with the idea of a single Zelda timeline. I've tried to logically link the games together in some way (no pun intended).  I've basically ignored official timeline statements in favor of my own, but I don't even remember how mine went.  If I recall, It was something like:

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages
Wind Waker
Phantom Hourglass
Legend of Zelda
Adventures of Link
Twilight Princess
A Link to the Past
Link's Awakening

I ignored Four Swords, mostly because I don't know the story well enough to find out where it places, but also because I don't consider it a main Zelda installment. I also have no idea where Minish Cap would go, but I would probably place it first, because there is no reference to Ganondorf whatsoever, and it doesn't obviously follow another game that does.

*edit* Forgot a few. Added.

*edit 2* Moved Twilight Princess. Makes more sense where it is now.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 01:29:17 pm by Alondite »

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 08:54:53 am »
That post of mike's shows clearly that SOMEONE in Nintendo is BSing.  They've claimed for YEARS that there was an official timeline established, and every game was given a spot in it.  I think they said that there wasn't one, just so that guy from YouTube would STHU.

Also, PPA, two things:
1. You forgot the CD-i games.
* Minus shot
2. Why not just make Link and Zelda family names?
* Minus shot again
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Antronach

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 05:22:33 am »
Yeah let's just ignore canon and wing it cause we know better

* Chao_Fan shot
Quote from: Emma Lover
Solution? Live with it.

Print

Hits: 431 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.17 MB | Time: 0.24s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.