don't click here

BS (split from Sonic Adventure DX Maps)

Print

Author Topic: BS (split from Sonic Adventure DX Maps)  (Read 6738 times)

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
BS (split from Sonic Adventure DX Maps)
« on: June 03, 2009, 04:15:19 pm »
Thorn, you are epic, friend.

SNN = crap...  it's 80% stuff you should know if you're a fan, 20% BS from fan-char-creating-noobs.  If you're genuinely new to the series, it's better to jump in both feet first, games, then anime/SatAM (if storyline or character devel is your thing), then the comic (for a background to where the series has come from, in parts)

if you were planning some epic 100%-all-characters-all-endings-all-emblems-SS-speedrun of SA/SA:DX, then we MIGHT help you...  but at the moment, you're doing nothing but annoying us and acting rather obnoxious.

(Disclaimer: TSC will not and cannot be held liable for the statements included herein, and further, Aitamen's statements are not representitive of the whole of TSC.

Under no circumstances, with the exception of adherence to international law or treatise, are these lines allowed to be reprinted, under threat of civil persecution to the fullest extent of the law.)

>_>
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 11:04:30 pm by GerbilSoft »
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic Adventure DX Maps
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 05:03:50 pm »
but at the moment, you're doing nothing but annoying us and acting rather obnoxious.

QFT

It seems they sure love that Furry Maker at SNN. >_>

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 05:12:09 pm »
http://www.themysticalforestzone.com/sprites_2007_Damien/SONIC_archives/Item_TileSet_SonicAdventure_SA2Maps.png

*bow*

On a side note, the angry mob was really not necessary. Perhaps in the future you guys might be more willing to help people. >_>
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 05:19:58 pm by SkyLights »

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 09:05:17 pm »
^ So might you: that link gives me a 403 error :P

That said, I think we're pretty good about helping those who ask. This topic didn't start as asking, though: it started as telling us to fix a nonexistent problem, and it came off as him not knowing the purpose of this site.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 10:49:15 pm »
That link totally works for me >:| but blah
Alternate: http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_systems/sonicadven/sheet/10796
Alternate: http://skylights1.googlepages.com/Item_TileSet_SonicAdventure_SA2Maps.jpg

Also, if you're suggesting the point of this site is merely to inform the internet about the best Sonic records in existence and compete, I would have to disagree. To me, the point of this site is more about a learning experience about the in's-and-outs of Sonic games - something that 90% of Sonic fans are clearly not interested in, instead discussing things like why Marine is a relevant character at all. We may not be a resource site in the ways that yonder topic-maker made clear that he's looking for, but that doesn't necessarily have to stop any of us from directing him to that resource. We are clearly a bastion of Sonic-game knowledge.

Which is why it annoys the crap out of me that people taking his cluelessness so seriously and railing on the dude for "wanting them on the site so he can steal it". Does that kind of mannerism help anyone? Maybe it helps someone feel like they're important to everyone else here after they boast about how much it sucks for a few paragraphs so they don't have to actually try to be a decent person, but the dude is still there looking around for stuff.

To be fair, he didn't really make it evident in his first post that he was looking for those resources. Typically, it makes sense for a topic that requests a resource to be like:

Hey, anyone know where to find ____?

But clearly you need to use your imagination to understand why he's asking for TSC to put these maps up. So think for a moment. Imagine that you know relatively nothing about Sonic Adventure competition. You find a site that has maps for all sorts of Sonic games! You look for the maps in the Sonic Adventure map screens.. where are they?! Certainly the site would be completionist/Certainly the site would find these maps useful! Why not tell them they should have these maps!!! Still not as great of an idea as just asking for them, but hey.

tl;dr: people here shouldn't be obsessed with beating the crap out of total noobs and leave the job to the people that will actually help + topicmaker needs to cut to the chase in the future

Print

Hits: 189 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.00 MB | Time: 0.04s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.