don't click here

Post your class notes!

Print

Author Topic: Post your class notes!  (Read 17298 times)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
Post your class notes!
« on: May 19, 2009, 10:48:23 pm »
So, for most of us, school or college/university classes are coming to an end or recently ended. So... um... post your class notes!... or at least a legible section of it. Let's see who learned anything this year.

Attached is 75 minutes' worth of math notes. My chemistry class was essentially a repeat of high school chemistry, my cultural geography course makes little sense, and the psychology notes aren't much to look at.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
Re: Post your class notes!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 01:49:34 am »
I would totally post my CalcAB notes, but I think you'd learn more about AD&D and Sonic Advance than anything I should've been studying...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 11:13:58 am »
^ ...so? The topic didn't say you had to post notes that teach us what you were supposed to learn. >_>

That said, my psychology class this morning went over everything that's wrong with half of TSC, so it's worth a post.

Dissociative Disorders: disorders that involve a disruption in one's sense of personal identity
- Dissociative Amnesia: sudden loss of memory of personal information (NOT via head trauma)
- Dissociative Fugue: similar to amnesia, but with a retreat from one's living environment to a new area
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID): characterized by the presence in one person of at least two or more separate personalities [previously called Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD)]
   - Average amount of personalities: 15 -- can be as few as two, has been as many as 92
   - "Host" personality accompanied by "alter" personalities
   - First alter personality to show is usually a near-opposite of the host personality
   - Personalities may not be aware of the presence all other personalities
- Etiology of Dissociative Disorders
   - Is it real or fake? We typically only have the victim's word to go by.
   - Tends to serve as a safety mechanism from life, abuse, etc.
   - People who suffer from dissociative disorders are believed to be more prone to day-to-day dissociation e.g. daydreaming, highway hypnosis, etc.
- Treatment
   - Returning the victim to his/her former memories
   - Attempting to "merge" multiple personalities
   - Directly dealing with the original abuse/trauma or source of it

Mood Disorders: disorders characterized by mood disturbances that are intense and persistent enough to be maladaptive
- Unipolar Disorders: experiences of extremely negative mood
   - Major Depressive Disorder: persistent sadness, despair, loss of interest in old hobbies
      - Most common in early to middle adulthood, and prone to occur multiple times
      - More common in women than in men
      - Causes loss of sleep and appetite, has led to suicidal thoughts
   - Dysthymic Disorder: essentially a milder form of Major Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorders: experience of extremely negative and positive moods
   - Bipolar Disorder: alternating periods of very depressed mood and with manic sessions of euphoria, delusions of grandeur, etc. [previously called Manic Depressive Disorder]
   - Cyclothymia: essentially a milder form of Bipolar Disorder
- Etiology of Mood Disorders
   - Seems to be a genetic link
   - Possibly due to faulty neurotransmitters
   - People may simply be prone to jump to a depressive way of thinking, leading to "learned helplessness"
   - Those who are depressed tend to have poor social skills, and thus do not receive positive feedback from society at large, compounding the problem
- Treatment
   - Drug therapy
   - Electroconvulsive therapy
   - Psychotherapy

Schizophrenic Disorders: literal translation of "split mind" (NOT DID/MPD)… characterized by a lack of control over behavioral functions; usually present before age 45, with a worse prognosis in men than in women
- Symptoms
   - Positive (behaviors not exhibited by normal people)
      - Delusions/paranoia that are/is maintained despite contrary evidence
      - Hallucinations
   - Negative (behaviors exhibited by normal people but not schizophrenics)

...class ran out of time here.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 08:11:07 am »
sure, then:

Philosophy notes, from a while back:

Plato (Playdoh?)

Linsky's lost his mind, today...  But that's ok, because if he was serious at all, I'd just end up arguing with charley about how foolish she is to follow her religion how she does... she'll end up knocked up by the end of the year (she didn't end up knocked up, but she did get three separate cases of the clap >_>)

This afternoon:
Vega testing w/ Hopper/Joey (Vega is a TTRPG that Hopper, Joey and I created)
more EHZ runs (Blech... but I know it can be faster...)
food?

Spaghetti, if Danny comes over... prob[ably] more burgers if he doesn't...

Plasma Sword, methinks

and we still have to find that techno song before he heads to work in the morning... busy busy busy...

(Written along the side of the above) I'm the Greatest captain of the queen's navy /and your record will stand as proof.../

If the rest of the Quad is on, I have to remember to tell them about that cut I found...

I still have to work on Nei's character sheet for Vega, but I'll probably get it this weekend...

if a recursive argument...  no, I'm sure someone's thought it before, I'll just look it up

(And below this, there was a sketch of the breasts of the girl who sat behind me, because she fell asleep on her desk and she wasn't wearing a bra.  She woke up and saw me drawing it, said I was pretty talented at capturing beauty, and signed it in the bottom right corner ^_^)

I'll have to find more notes to post, as other notes usually have me doing more writing and less paying attention... I payed more attention in Linsky's class than anyone elses...

Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline Koshibou

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 07:24:53 am »
In class... I DO NOTHING!

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 10:11:26 am »
Seems good, Koshi.  I only took notes in a couple classes, and most of said notes are buried beneath a mountain of BS assignments.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 12:31:01 pm »
ONE OF THESE DAYS *ahem* I will scan/transcribe all of my undergrad lecture notes so they can be put online; I'm legitimately planning on creating a website about teaching self Electrical/Computer Engineering (and plenty of help for people who are taking classes on it) because it is easily one of the (not the, just because I know there will be arguments, but one of the) most difficult majors in existance, due in no small part to the fact that very little of it is intuitive to an outsider, and you can very rarely directly measure what exactly is going on the way you want to.  Mine are *mostly* boring and static though, but it would definitely surprise a few.  Hey, I just gotta remember to make them more amusing next semester.
/me waits for someone to realize the biggest implication of the first line of this post
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Jawzunx

• first person to beat Cybrax on City Escape (3rd mission)
  • TSC: Jawzun
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 08:34:18 am »
In class... I DO NOTHING!

I very much do the same xD
still can't believe what I did in 2007

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 08:52:06 am »
I'd love to post some notes, but there's an elephant in the way.
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 09:04:41 am »
I was looking over one of my old note-books and discovered this little gem:

RPG:  Ya rly
Mike89: wtf?
GS93: stfu...
Aita: wha?
RPG: What's that stand for?
Mike89: ...
GS93: ...
Aita: ...

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 02:39:51 am »
This is sort of unrelated but this thread might still be the best place to post it:

Yesterday's maths test went considerably well.

At first I somehow blanked out and forgot part of the basic derivation rules and didn't know if v' of f(x)=(3-x)*e^(x-1) would be (-1), (x-1) or 1, and I never really realised how that thing with +∞, -∞ and +0 works before; although a classmate briefly showed me before the test which exponentiations of e draw what sort of curves, but I almost immediately forgot that again, not to mention I never really internalised it anyway.
Well, I was sitting there unable to solve the first two of the three tasks due to those two flaws and already panicked that I would fail and get a bad grade and thus be unworthy etc... Until I then remembered my new doctrine of that I must not desire anything, similar to a Buddhist, and thus I calmed myself down, stopped caring and put on a calm smile.
And voilà, suddenly after testing a few things in the first task I saw that v'=1 was the only possible option and solved the problem, and thereupon the result of that task lead me to the realisation of how the thing with the curves of e^(+x) and e^(-x) works and thus I could also easily solve the second task!
In the end, I cleared 5/7 of all given (sub-)tasks very relaxedly and felt good. Shedding all worldly cravings is truly the right thing for me in life, even if I still haven't perfected it.
(Also guessing and then figuring out how things work by myself due to lack of preparation, haha.)

If anyone's interested, the graph I got for f(x)=(3-x)*e^(x-1) crossed the y-axis at (0|1.1) and the x-axis at (3|0), reached its highest point at (2|2.72), had its turning point at (1|2), and went towards +0 to the left and -∞ on the right, I hope this is all correct.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Luxray

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 05:59:19 am »
PPA: usually you leave things in terms of e, Pi or anyother irrational number)
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 06:08:52 am »
That is not how we were taught it! :(
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Luxray

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 06:15:02 am »
That is not how we were taught it! :(

Just like you not taught it sonic right?
lol i ish being german o3o
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 10:07:29 am »
Also, I'd like to note that, upon finding this topic, I thought it was going to be about notes we passed to chicks/dudes in class

Offline HolyGGirl

• TSC: HolyG
  • winvista safari
  • got Jesus?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 02:30:01 pm »
Official College Class Notes:

That guy is creepy
that guy is gay
that teacher is a hater

I'm hungry,can we go now?

that guy is thinking the same thing....

hey..wait for me!
Lol...SMILE!!! yay! finally in the green for Rush! :D

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 04:11:33 pm »
It's that time again! Let's see who actually learned anything this year.

Linear Algebra - May

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 10:33:58 am »
ugh, Thorn... your notes are frustrating to try and read... also, you don't shorthand anything, which I personally find bizarre.

Offline francisco

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 01:16:31 pm »
NEVER !

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 03:13:06 pm »
Here's a page from my joint Theory IV/Music History notebook: http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab99/IsisDazs/theorynotes.jpg

Most of the page is notes from a movie we watched, the bottom portion is nearly a direct copy from the board.

Going through this notebook, I noticed I doodle quite a lot on other pages...

Print

Hits: 1,020 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.19 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.