don't click here

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood  (Read 11314 times)

Offline UltraSonic

• The King of Sonic
  • TSC: dad3i
  • winxp msie8
    • View Profile
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
« on: May 18, 2009, 02:32:38 pm »
Hey just a question I just want to throw out there. Do any of you have Sonic Chronicles and if so, what are your thoughts on the game?
I'm the greatest!

Offline Firstkirbyever

Re: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 04:05:14 pm »
Hey just a question I just want to throw out there. Do any of you have Sonic Chronicles and if so, what are your thoughts on the game?

i beat it, it sucks, Nuff said.
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 07:45:27 pm »
It sucks fucking hard.

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 07:47:44 pm »
I beat it, it rox my sox!
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline Nextgengamer9

• old
  • TSC: 457
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 07:51:19 pm »
It's okay not perfect but it's better than I thought it would be.

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 08:27:37 pm »
I'd played it all the way through, and it was okay. It started out a little slow, but it got more battle options later on in the game, and it was a good two day fling. I'll probably never play through it a second time, however.

My main gripe was the lack of a button control scheme on the overworld map, as moving around felt very awkward from time to time because of its absence.

I also wished the different "What do you want to say?" options would've had more impact on game play, which would've given it more replay value; it would have also been nice if they'd had more appropriate sound effects, and if they'd done away with the "auto-regenerate after death if you don't kill everything this turn" enemies, given they were more of an annoyance than anything.
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline Luxray

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 11:48:55 pm »
http://www.soniccenter.org/forum/index.php?topic=3566.0 Already a topic kthx. (sure it would be a bump but w/e. Sondow has been inactive)
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline UltraSonic

• The King of Sonic
  • TSC: dad3i
  • winxp msie8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 11:52:37 pm »
Yeah, like some of the enemies are a bitch to kill (i.e. Kron Warriors where you have to damage them using armor piercing moves and not physical attacks. Not to mention the Gizoids and the Nocturne enemies. Most often the Nocturnes will use that annoying evading move which sucks monkey balls.) Also, the N'grall (not sure if I spelled it correctly) Warriors. I'm pretty sure you know what happens during the combat rounds, so I won't talk about them.
I'm the greatest!

Offline Maru Kiba

• The Oltanis Team Sub-Leader
  • TSC: Maru_Kiba
  • winxp firefox
  • Maru Kiba of The Oltanis Team
    • View Profile
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 06:29:42 pm »
I have it and am playing it currently.

Right now I am pretty much I think at the second time you fight Ix. And my characters are under level 20. But I got through. What I don't like is sometimes the pow moves. For certain moves it gets really tough (espcially when there are alot of them or they go fast!) I do use the Chao equipment. Some of them are worth zip some are very good to have. (Regeneration of Health or PP) Better chances for Ambushing opponents, better chances to hit the opponent (Luck). The leveling system is different for each character, some are slower some are faster to go up.

For Nocturnes Fire, Ice, Earth, and Lightning are super effective. So I use Fire Chao on knuckles, and the Ice Ring on Shade. I use Omega's Flamethrower alot, Chaos Rift for Shadow is pretty good for fast battles, but don't work on Event Battles. But takes a chunk of your pp if underleveled. Like me where most of my characters are at 18 or 19 possibly 20.

For N'rrgals: Tip: DEFEAT THEM QUICKLY!!! They hurt you they get their health back, worse than the Nocturnes doing so.

For Voxai: Not bad of enemies, but poisoning effects something (But I have loads of antidote)

For Kron: It's been long since I fought them...
For Zoah: I hated them because they damage you hard and they have a bunch of shield breakers
For Gizoids: I hate them, but are easy except for the Gizoid Prefects (That was difficult, 1st time I fought the blue one, I damaged 1 hp each time) ANd the other Gizoids where Tails had to find these 4 special Gizoids that were deactive to save Knuckles. Before that, the fight with one was....

Characters:
Sonic: I always use Axe Kick at times, Blue Bomber and Fastball usually.
Tails: Good supporter
Cream: I don't use much
Big: Great defense
Omega: Counter-free moves
Knuckles and Shade: What can I say?
Shadow: Helpful POW moves.
Rouge: I use sometimes
Eggman: Bombardment ftw!
Amy: FINALLY A GAME WHERE SHE IS USEFUL!!! Besides SonicAdv3
(Did I get all)

Stages:
The one that annoyed me was Metropolis and possibly some others.

POW Moves: Great to use, just must watch PP consumption

I rarely use Defend option
Items: I use a bunch, some I don't.
... Final Score: 7.6
The Oltanis Team. Is made up of 9 strong and special members.
Leader (Gold-Black): Tanor Zeta Faux
Sub-Leader (Crimson): Maru Akane Kiba
Gold General (Yellow): Tana Iota Faux
Silver General (Purple): Kota Aura Rae
Bronze General (Ice Blue): Eis Sam Makai
Squad Leader (Dark Blue): Salza H. Refurin
Castle Guardian (White): Nathan S. Graves
Rune Mistress (Lavender): Forsha Timbre
Storm Dragon (Dark Grey): Helios Darkus Kiba
---
http://s917.photobucket.com/home/MaruKiba/index

Where i'll store my pics for proofs and what not. If you want to find the proof on stats, go here. I'm not posting them on the comment page for stats anymore.

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 06:20:41 am »
Cream's great when you equip her with this Unique Chao that made you not have to do the dot dot thingy. It's perfect. And as for Scylla, the first battle is MEANT to be like that. Scylla was supposed to have an advantage when underwater. But Cream's AWESOME when you buff her up. Omega can pack a serious punch with his laser beam, making him vital for fighting the Kron, seeing as they have serious armour. Zoah are just plain anoyying IMO. The N'rrgals are quick to beat, and seriously weak to electric attacks. To me, the Kron are the worst, because they're very armoured plus they have a lot of HP. And their attacks pack a good punch.

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • TSC: Iceman
  • winvista msie7
  • An icy coyote! Or is it ;)
    • View Profile
    • www.lavadomefive.com/forum
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 11:56:59 am »
I never found that chao, however I did beat Ix and I must say the final battle was dumb! It was not a fight but a fight of taps. And where did you find this chao? I need to know!
Eis Makai is the Icy Coyote. Sumaru Star is the Ice Dragon. I own the Ice Planet!

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 10:54:05 pm »
Way....too....easy. I'd give it a 7.5. I still think a battle system derived from the awesome Tales of Vesperia is the best way to go for a Sonic RPG.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Print

Hits: 941 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.12 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.