don't click here

Return of the Obligatory Post Describing New Unleashed (360) Downloadable Levels

Print

Author Topic: Return of the Obligatory Post Describing New Unleashed (360) Downloadable Levels  (Read 105442 times)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
Savannah Citadel extra acts this week, for 250 MSPoints again. From what I hear, they're not on PS3 yet.

As Rolken stated in chat, all of these downloadable levels are essentially a series of "insert object alpha in position (x, y, z, theta sub 1, theta sub 2) with state beta", along with lighting and camera controls; the levels themselves are likely already on the disc. Nevertheless this is an extremely fun pack of that data, consisting to two new day acts, two new night acts, and two altered versions of preexisting day acts.

One area seen in early screenshots returns for a night act, but the beta Savannah Citadel area of the day stage that was in screenshots is nowhere to be found.

That being said, I'm not going to go into much more detail other than to say that the night acts are very platformy and grabby instead of swingy and glitchy, and that TSC will probably break Day Act 5 to finish it in under thirty seconds. Any further information would ruin the fun, since some old concepts were used in pretty creative new ways. Rank requirements during the day are somewhat strict (i.e. time attack != score attack), but are more lax at night.

So... yeah.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:45:10 pm by Thorn »
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
the levels themselves are likely already on the disc.

If that were the case, the 611MB file would be more like 100-200KB (such as Sonic06's "DLC").

One area seen in early screenshots returns for a night act, but the beta Savannah Citadel area of the day stage that was in screenshots is nowhere to be found.

Perhaps they, for whatever reason, cut both levels from the game, but released the night act later on in the form of DLC.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
the levels themselves are likely already on the disc.

If that were the case, the 611MB file would be more like 100-200KB (such as Sonic06's "DLC").

Well, that argument was tried already. Paraphrased:
<Rolken> well '06 got knocked for small downloads so they made them big this time around

Perhaps they, for whatever reason, cut both levels from the game, but released the night act later on in the form of DLC.

The day beta area started at the rail in Act 1 that switches you from 2D to 3D, but instead of dumping you in a narrow corridor, it dropped you at a large banked curve. The area isn't included because it was part of a currently existing level that had its layout changed to exclude it.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
Well, that argument was tried already. Paraphrased:
<Rolken> well '06 got knocked for small downloads so they made them big this time around

Am I the only one who thinks that'd be a positive thing?
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Print

Hits: 156 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.