don't click here

Time over issue.

Print

Author Topic: Time over issue.  (Read 7868 times)

Offline Luxray

Time over issue.
« on: April 30, 2009, 10:15:27 am »
If i was ring attacking and time-overed, am i allowed to submit that stat or does the level need to be completed? (this would be in the rush series btw)
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • TSC: Iceman
  • winvista msie7
  • An icy coyote! Or is it ;)
    • View Profile
    • www.lavadomefive.com/forum
Re: Time over issue.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 10:36:05 am »
I would suggest finishing the level, but as in time over you probably can enter in what ya had at the time. \ o_O / And starting back on a checkpoint will make have to backtrack the level to the rings you already had. Which is why I try to avoid checkpoints.
Eis Makai is the Icy Coyote. Sumaru Star is the Ice Dragon. I own the Ice Planet!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 11:02:40 am »
I was just gonna paste something from Competition Rules but unless I missed it its not explicitly stated.

But yeah, it's pretty common sense that a ring stat is invalid unless you clear the level
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • winvista msie7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 11:29:51 am »
RAing like this is trying to get 700 rings on a stage in 10 minutes. And the rings are so spread out. and very few ring boxes. And no Special Ring area. Heh.
Eis Makai is the Icy Coyote. Sumaru Star is the Ice Dragon. I own the Ice Planet!

Offline Donna

• Sonic Deconstructionist
  • TSC: donnashowl
  • winxp chrome
  • Don't give me hOPs unless I earned them!
    • View Profile
    • Donna's Blog - Found the Computer Room
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 11:34:44 am »
I suppose you'd want it to be admissible to get all the rings but then lose them to the stage boss, wouldn't you? >.>
-Donna, the crazy English major
I don't want your stinking hops!

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 01:02:39 pm »
It should be in there that a stat is only legal if the level in question was completed...
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • winvista msie7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 02:00:17 pm »
I suppose you'd want it to be admissible to get all the rings but then lose them to the stage boss, wouldn't you? >.>

We all would Donna. But then again we'd have so many champions it wouldn't be funny.

Offline Luxray

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 01:27:46 am »
Okay now back on computer. Now this was on Rush Adventure in Time Attack mode. Sky Babylon 1 - Blaze. Now i -know- it is not stated in the rules. So either update those rules or let me submit my measly 349 rings (record is 500 or so).

EDIT: This is not ment to be demanding or offensive in anyway. :/
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 02:12:52 am by No »
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 01:52:28 am »
Okay now back on computer. Now this was on Rush Adventure in Time Attack mode. Sky Babylon 1 - Blaze. Now i -know- it is not stated in the rules. So either update those rules or let me submit my measly 349 rings (record is 500 or so).
So are you saying that if you die on a level after 1 second, you should be able to submit 1 second as your time? >_>

It should be common sense that you're supposed to beat the level for it to count...

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 02:23:08 am »
Someone put it in the General Rules section of the rules so Cruizer doesn't use this as a loophole <_<
Hi

Offline Luxray

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 02:25:50 am »
Someone put it in the General Rules section of the rules so Cruizer doesn't use this as a loophole <_<

Or anyone else for that fact.

So are you saying that if you die on a level after 1 second, you should be able to submit 1 second as your time? >_>

It should be common sense that you're supposed to beat the level for it to count...

This is rings as stated in the first post.

Also dealing with SRA, Scores for the emerald Challenges. It gives you a score on screen that updates. If you lose the race would you be able to submit the stat or not? (This would be a horribly low score in comparison to when if you finish the level).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 02:36:15 am by No »
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 04:07:37 am »
Checked over the rules and noted an ambiguity, so I made a topic in Rules Revisions addressing this and more.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Print

Hits: 120 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.