don't click here

In the news at TSC

Print

Author Topic: In the news at TSC  (Read 37547 times)

Offline Rolken

In the news at TSC
« on: April 16, 2009, 06:49:02 am »
The second week of flyby's Sonic league ended on Monday, and after working for a few days to get the new league system up and running, the results are now in. The third week of competition ends at midnight after Sunday as usual, so get your stats in. It's not too late to jump in; check the official topic for details.

superjupi has provided us a new full set of Sonic CD maps, with a funky interface to boot. Yizzao!

Sega has settled into a pattern of one Sonic Unleashed 360 DLC every two weeks, with Holoska levels coming last week; presumably we'll be getting more content for another zone around Thursday next week. The PS3 has apparently has also gotten a (late) start in, receiving the first DLC for Chun-Nan. Charts will be coming after the league stuff is fixed up (provided somebody makes me a list).
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline DBG

Re: In the news at TSC
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 05:01:44 pm »
I just looked it up on Playstation Network and it appears the PS3 version also has the Spagonia DLC.

EDIT: I checked the prices of each Adventure pack and each package costs $2.99 without tax.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 06:33:24 pm by dabestgamer »
You can't beat me! I AM DABESTGAMER!!!
www.youtube.com/user/dabestgamer

Offline flying fox

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 06:18:00 pm »
I like to make the list please I always wanted to make some sort of contribution to the charts but never got the chance. I'll start on it tomorrow then when I'm done I'll post it here and then if any problems come up like for example (from the top of my head) respawning rings then the list can be edited easily or new DLC can be added.

Is that ok?

Offline Rolken

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 06:25:38 pm »
That is fine.

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 06:28:19 pm »
i was going to make a list :(
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline flying fox

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 09:15:27 am »
i was going to make a list :(

FKE made a good point on chat that we should wait at least till next week to put up charts as new DLC will be coming out soon, so either me or FKE will put up the list. So far we have found respawning rings and enemies that you can get an infinite combo on and trick ramp point scalping. I've tried doing the goal ring glitch but I fail at it, whch is probably a good thing anyway.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 09:20:25 am »
New DLC has been coming up every two weeks. I don't see any reason to wait for this one in particular, though I'm in no rush personally.

But working out exploits before putting charts up is probably a good idea anyway.

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 06:12:52 pm »
Ok right now i checked every stage
Right now only 2 (day and night) acts have problems (that i know of)

Chun-nan

Day:
Act 1-2: times/rings/scores
Act 2-2: times/rings/scores
Act 4: times/rings/scores
Act 5: Times (respawning rings)

night:
Act 1-2: Times/rings/scores
Act 3: Times/rings/scores

Spagonia

Day:
Act 5: Times/rings/Scores

Night:
Act 1-2: times/rings (Respawning enemies)
Act 3: times/rings/scores

Holoska

Night:
Act 2: times/rings/scores

Mazuri

Day:
Act 3-2: Times/rings/scores
Act 4: Times/rings/scores
Act 5: Times/rings/scores

Night:
Act 4: Times/rings/scores

i will double check later,
or we can just wait until the next dlc is out

[Update]
most levels look clean, no respawning rings or anything, i think it's time we start getting DLC charts up

[Update]
i made a mistake on Holoska day acts, fixed now, this post will be for any problems in future DLC.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 08:58:34 pm by 1stKirbyever »

Offline DBG

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 06:52:16 pm »

Chun-nan

Day:

night:

Spagonia

Day:

Night:

Holoska

Act 5: times/rings/scores

Night:

I can see that respawning Rings would be bad, but what's the issue with the respawning enemies? Wouldn't it be like those two areas in Eggmanland with infinite robots that don't give any score whatsoever? Or did you check and the respawning enemies in Spagonia Night 1-2 do continue to give you a higher score as well?

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 12:25:48 am »

Chun-nan

Day:

night:

Spagonia

Day:

Night:

Holoska

Night:

I can see that respawning Rings would be bad, but what's the issue with the respawning enemies? Wouldn't it be like those two areas in Eggmanland with infinite robots that don't give any score whatsoever? Or did you check and the respawning enemies in Spagonia Night 1-2 do continue to give you a higher score as well?

The Enemies on EML didn't spawn fast enough to get points off of,
While the enemies on RR:N1-2 respawn fast enough to give you and infinite combo

Offline DBG

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 01:17:20 am »

I think I get it what you're saying... that defeating them doesn't get you points... but because of how fast they respawn... you could keep your counter at 99+, which, in turn, increases your overall score at the end since the total score includes "combos".

Right?

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 11:37:37 am »

I think I get it what you're saying... that defeating them doesn't get you points... but because of how fast they respawn... you could keep your counter at 99+, which, in turn, increases your overall score at the end since the total score includes "combos".

Right?

Not only that, but the bonus you get every 10-15 hit Combo's which gives you more and more points each time.

Offline DBG

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 01:30:24 pm »
Not only that, but the bonus you get every 10-15 hit Combo's which gives you more and more points each time.

Oh, okay. I get it.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 01:59:05 pm »
If I may ask, where exactly is this an issue on the stage?

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2009, 02:01:20 pm »
If I may ask, where exactly is this an issue on the stage?

It's Near the end, there are small rex's (or whatever they are called) by the switch, you can keep hitting them and they keep spawning.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 04:48:06 pm »
So far I agree with what's on the list. At the moment FKE's looking at day stages and I'm looking at night stages to see if there are more problems.

I have looked at the night stages and the problems we should be looking out for are respawning enemies which I haven't seen yet apart from Spagonia, but I will have another look. They should be no problems with rings and times for the night stages since I haven't heard anything about the goal ring glitch working on a night stage and the respawning rings appear to be in day stages.

As for the day stages with times I have tried to get the goal ring glitch to work but failed. However if somebody does put down a time of 0:02:00 or whatever it is then'll we know straight away what they did, so that's times covered. As for scores FKE has managed to do a trick ramp point scalp so that rule will have be added, so that's scores covered.

As for rings, to make things easier for FKE (since it looks like he's done alot of work on this and I will look too to help out), it looks very likely that we look for respawning rings in stages where you have to do a lot of boosting on water. Just look at CE2D and Chun-nan 5. I have looked at other day stages where no boosting on water is involved and found no respawning rings. This is why I checked Chun-nan 5 I had this feeling it was going to have respawning rings.

New DLC has been coming up every two weeks. I don't see any reason to wait for this one in particular, though I'm in no rush personally.

But working out exploits before putting charts up is probably a good idea anyway.

In that case since the next one is not far away, might as well wait a bit longer since we now know what to look out for with the respawning enemies and rings. Unless FKE or anybody else  disagrees.

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 07:09:04 pm »
So far I agree with what's on the list. At the moment FKE's looking at day stages and I'm looking at night stages to see if there are more problems.

I have looked at the night stages and the problems we should be looking out for are respawning enemies which I haven't seen yet apart from Spagonia, but I will have another look. They should be no problems with rings and times for the night stages since I haven't heard anything about the goal ring glitch working on a night stage and the respawning rings appear to be in day stages.

As for the day stages with times I have tried to get the goal ring glitch to work but failed. However if somebody does put down a time of 0:02:00 or whatever it is then'll we know straight away what they did, so that's times covered. As for scores FKE has managed to do a trick ramp point scalp so that rule will have be added, so that's scores covered.

As for rings, to make things easier for FKE (since it looks like he's done alot of work on this and I will look too to help out), it looks very likely that we look for respawning rings in stages where you have to do a lot of boosting on water. Just look at CE2D and Chun-nan 5. I have looked at other day stages where no boosting on water is involved and found no respawning rings. This is why I checked Chun-nan 5 I had this feeling it was going to have respawning rings.

In that case since the next one is not far away, might as well wait a bit longer since we now know what to look out for with the respawning enemies and rings. Unless FKE or anybody else  disagrees.
Well if we wait longer we will have to wait another Week after the DLC is out because I found Respawning Rings Outside of CE:D2-2 i have tried to get to the goal ring after getting the rings but there is a barrier stoping you from getting back,
but there is a chance of getting over that barrier and getting to the goal ring, when we do add charts it would be best to remove Rings and scores from CE:D2-2 (better safe then sorry)
anyway it wouldn't be bad to add DLC charts because it's going to take awhile to find something like CE:D2-2 in the Next DLC, i'll post a video showing the respawning rings later.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 07:14:48 pm by 1stKirbyever »

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 04:51:00 pm »
Freestyle DLC kthxbai.
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 04:53:07 pm »

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009, 04:53:47 pm »
Freestyle DLC kthxbai.

Times, Rings, and Scores... How would that work?

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2009, 04:55:26 pm »
Freestyle DLC kthxbai.

Not sure also, one thing i'm wondering, will people get confused about the extra acts they don't have (For those who don't know about dlc <_<), they could think it's the hotdog missions or something like that.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2009, 04:57:44 pm »
Freestyle DLC kthxbai.

Not sure also, one thing i'm wondering, will people get confused about the extra acts they don't have (For those who don't know about dlc <_<), they could think it's the hotdog missions or something like that.

Adding the levels to a separate game (Sonic Unleashed 360-PS3 DLC) would probably be a good way to avoid any confusion.

Offline DBG

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2009, 08:35:50 pm »
But then there are those who don't know what "DLC" means... I've seen a few on YT and don't know if any of those kind of people are here on TSC.

Couldn't you make extra columns for them, though?

Like: "DLC-Times", "DLC-Rings", "DLC-Scores"

...or something like that. Or perhaps add them to the normal list but have "DLC" in paranthesis. Like... under the "Level" column, it could say... "Cool Edge 1-2 (DLC)"

Just thought I'd make a few suggestions.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 10:50:34 pm »
But then there are those who don't know what "DLC" means... I've seen a few on YT and don't know if any of those kind of people are here on TSC.

Couldn't you make extra columns for them, though?

Like: "DLC-Times", "DLC-Rings", "DLC-Scores"

...or something like that. Or perhaps add them to the normal list but have "DLC" in paranthesis. Like... under the "Level" column, it could say... "Cool Edge 1-2 (DLC)"

Just thought I'd make a few suggestions.

I think what Rolken wants to do is make the DLC not count towards the overall rankings, so adding additional columns won't solve that problem.  Adding a "DLC" category (or something like that) and making it act like FS (not count towards overall rankings) could work, though...

As for people who don't know what "DLC" means, perhaps "Downloadable Content" could be put in a tooltip for "DLC"?

Offline Rolken

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2009, 09:03:25 am »
It is possible to make DLC levels in the same categories as the other stuff that do not count towards the overall. The overall is completely mutable; it contains everything but freestyle merely by convention.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 02:25:18 pm »
Well if we wait longer we will have to wait another Week after the DLC is out because I found Respawning Rings Outside of CE:D2-2 i have tried to get to the goal ring after getting the rings but there is a barrier stoping you from getting back,
but there is a chance of getting over that barrier and getting to the goal ring, when we do add charts it would be best to remove Rings and scores from CE:D2-2 (better safe then sorry)
anyway it wouldn't be bad to add DLC charts because it's going to take awhile to find something like CE:D2-2 in the Next DLC, i'll post a video showing the respawning rings later.

Chun-nan

Day:

night:

Spagonia

Day:

Night:

Holoska

Act 2-2: times (respawning rings)

Night:

Fixed. I've seen your vid on it on youtube and yeah definately respawnig rings and like you said better to be safe then sorry. Good work :D

The DLC came out near my birthday so I knew my most hated area would come out which was Holoska. So I've decided to try and make a prediction on what the next DLC would be. I think it might be either Shamar or Empire City.

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 05:41:13 pm »

Chun-nan

Day:

night:

Spagonia

Day:

Night:

Holoska

Night:

Fixed. I've seen your vid on it on youtube and yeah definately respawnig rings and like you said better to be safe then sorry. Good work :D

The DLC came out near my birthday so I knew my most hated area would come out which was Holoska. So I've decided to try and make a prediction on what the next DLC would be. I think it might be either Shamar or Empire City.

It's going to be shamar <_<
also 2 days until new DLC :o

Offline flying fox

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2009, 07:16:36 am »

Chun-nan

Day:

night:

Spagonia

Day:

Night:

Holoska

Night:

It's going to be Empire City >_>
also 1 day untill new DLC :o

I hope my mum lets me download it on Thursday I've been a bit naughty recently :(

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2009, 10:19:45 am »

Chun-nan

Day:

night:

Spagonia

Day:

Night:

Holoska

Night:

It's going to be Empire City >_>
also 1 day untill new DLC :o

I hope my mum lets me download it on Thursday I've been a bit naughty recently :(

well if you can't download it you can always check my Youtube account tomorrow :D

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 08:56:12 am »
Well, nothing new has shown up on the marketplace, so it looks like either the DLC releasing has ended or Sonic Team fell behind (which wouldn't be surprising), or even the fact that Microsoft isn't putting it on the marketplace due to some type of error (which is also a possibility).

Print

Hits: 350 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.23 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.