don't click here

I wonder what the differences between: Sonic3D Blast (Saturn&PC) and S3DB(GENS)

Print

Author Topic: I wonder what the differences between: Sonic3D Blast (Saturn&PC) and S3DB(GENS)  (Read 7751 times)

Offline Cort

I wonder what the differences between: Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn & PC Version) and Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)? Well, I wanted to know all differences (except for graphics, of course). Difference as: Glitches, benefits in some stages, gameplay! I want to know everything.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
For competition on TSC, the Genesis version is all you need. The disc versions are graphically enhanced and contain brand new special stages and music, but they also inexplicably have less rings in certain levels, making some ring and score records impossible. Also, special stages do not differ depending on whether Tails or Knuckles takes you there.

That said, gameplay-wise the Saturn version is superior in every way to the other two except for its crappy stage "skip" code instead of level select (it requires some stages previous to the one you want to access to load), closely followed by the PC version, which sheds some graphical effects and severely dumbs down the special stages, but has a save system (that you can abuse to make a level select :P).

EDIT: Of course, if you're playing the Saturn version on SSF, you can always make savestates. I personally have a state at the start of all seven special stages. They're arguably the best in the series.

EDIT 2: Oh, and how could I forget this post.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:49:39 pm by Thorn »
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Cort

For competition on TSC, the Genesis version is all you need. The disc versions are graphically enhanced and contain brand new special stages and music, but they also inexplicably have less rings in certain levels, making some ring and score records impossible. Also, special stages do not differ depending on whether Tails or Knuckles takes you there.

That said, gameplay-wise the Saturn version is superior in every way to the other two except for its crappy stage "skip" code instead of level select (it requires some stages previous to the one you want to access to load), closely followed by the PC version, which sheds some graphical effects and severely dumbs down the special stages, but has a save system (that you can abuse to make a level select :P).

EDIT: Of course, if you're playing the Saturn version on SSF, you can always make savestates. I personally have a state at the start of all seven special stages. They're arguably the best in the series.

thank you dude

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
Jesus the Saturn version looks awesome.
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Nario

Don't forget that the Genesis/MegaDrive and Saturn soundtracks are completely different, and yet they're both completely awesome. The compositions in the Genesis version are catchier and better in my opinion, but the quality of Saturn's soundtrack is vastly superior, especially for 1996 (what do you expect from Richard Jacques? :P).

But, of course, you were asking about gameplay, so I'll keep my music knowledge to myself now.

Offline P.P.A.

*Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
lol
I by habit also refer to it as S3DFI, just because my copy of SMC+ came from across teh seas.  Totally clueless as to why it was never sold for PC stateside....
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Print

Hits: 233 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.