don't click here

ITT SBW makes a forum mafia.

Print

Author Topic: ITT SBW makes a forum mafia.  (Read 60741 times)

Offline P.P.A.

Re: ITT SBW makes a forum mafia.
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2009, 02:04:53 am »
Because. :(

Vote: Stefan
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2009, 10:25:44 am »
douglas isn't obnoxious
I CALL BS

Also Vote: PPA.  Someone visited genus?  Well duh.  Not convinced by that I'm afraid.  Also harmless rebelling against the bandwagon cos stefan is getting it <_<
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Parax

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2009, 10:36:14 am »
I'll just jump on the bandwagon. >_>

Offline Stefan

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2009, 06:13:55 pm »
Well, town's dumb.

Good luck winning, now that the watcher is known and you're lynching another crucial power role.

vote: flyby

simply because she is siding quite eagerly with genus.

as I quote directly:

As much as it is true that the accusations of PPA are not very founded...he is responding so guiltily, which I assume is why genus accused him on something ridiculous in the first place, just to see his reaction. His reaction: guilty. Still want to see how other people are responding etc, but at this point, I would back a PPA lynch.

first suggested by genus on... nothing... flyby even admitted the accusations were based on nothing.

then:

well i don't want to jump that quickly to a lynch on douglas <_<

first suggested by ppa... and she doesn't want to jump on a lynch? She was pretty quick to jump on a PPA lynch off no evidence, and douglas is being just as fishy as PPA was.

i almost like to back stefan lynches more than genus lynches even <_<

Again, a suggestion by genus, only this time he actually votes. And flyby gloriously follows suit. Why is flyby so eager to jump on a PPA or Stefan lynch, but not a douglas lynch? Is it because genus suggested them? Flyby is usually really individualistic, why not this game?

And my final piece of evidence: mike would SO recruit flyby to masonry. Almost everyone would.

so yeah, you guys can go ahead and lynch me, but I'm super susp. of flyby and douglas right now.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 06:28:23 pm by Stefan »

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2009, 07:45:31 pm »
And my final piece of evidence: mike would SO recruit flyby to masonry. Almost everyone would.
Actually yeah, that would be awfully like mike, now you mention it.  That and Parax bandwagoning are basically all I've noticed of interest thus far (50/50 on genus, on one hand he's playing like he does when he's town, on the other he has this crazy idea that he can manipulate me so that might be why he's steering you away from me).

I shall unvote: PPA & vote: flyby instead in solidarity stefan, for I agree we are killing the wrong person here :(
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 03:51:16 am by douglas »
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2009, 08:48:46 pm »
I vote for Stefan too
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2009, 08:58:18 pm »
A basic point on formatting: for convenience, write unvote:(last target) before changing your vote. It's a courtesy for SBW, who shouldn't have to sift through all these replies to figure out where the votes end.

I'm keeping my vote on Stefan because douglas is paddywagoning as much as flyby. The obvious factions lie at Douglas/Stefan (Douglas cast a vote, but well expected a rebuttal from Stefan. Maybe he's a third party and doesn't care either way? I'm not confident he's mafia by nature of his candor, but there aren't active stances...survivor Douglas? But then why the confrontational stance on PPA? Hm), flyby/Parax (you can add me to this mixing as well, but the lineation is greater when others go along with a vote instead of suggesting anything. Parax isn't outright apathetic, without the stiffness I'd need to form strong convictions on his guilt. flyby's leaning back, which I interpret as a relative disinterest...a lazy fool maybe? I doubt she's pro-town, but there's nothing particularly condemning about the way she's acted so far). I refuse to assume SBW didn't include a killer in this setup, so there's good potential that the masons live. flyby's a good masoning target, and so are Stefan and I. But with the possibility of a driver, mike's whimsy is irrelevant as no initial targeting is guaranteed accurate.

I lynch on behavior, and Stefan's flinching at this lynch. For this, he's most worthy of a vote. We'll see what he turns out to be soon enough and who went on the wrong side of the fence.

For tonight, night roles should play the random game. Possible interceptions, witchings, or driver antics make this sticky. How about the protector maybe, perhaps, gets on PPA? Or doesn't, while we pretend he'll be saved. Whatever we can pull.    

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Parax

« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2009, 09:21:05 pm »
eh, I went with the Stefan lynch by just following genus pretty much, since I don't have any other ideas. I'm not entirely convinced of his guilt though, so unvote Stefan. Personally I'm a bit suspicious of doug/flyby, but like genus said I'm slow to lynch. >_> genus seems like town to me and PPA's claim is credible, so I'll probably be voting for flyby a bit later if nothing else comes up.

(also, most forum mafia games I've played involved a 24-hour limit on days/nights to prevent it from dragging on too long like this seems to be; implementing something similar here might be useful, seeing as how this day has been going for more than three days now.)

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2009, 09:32:20 pm »
SBW told us we'd have 48 hours max, but we're missing a few sign-ups like Chao_fan, Bertin, and Achlys. Chao_fan hasn't been on since May 8th, but Bertin and Achlys are around. Should we get replacements?

Anyways, I'm sure that whoever we lynch will get us closer to the truth. I think Stefan's gruesome death will bring us there faster, but if the consensus is to lynch flyby...so be it.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Stefan

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2009, 10:17:57 pm »
So defending myself as a useful townie is "flinching"? I don't see how you can lynch on behavior when there's several people who haven't even posted yet. I'm outed as a power role now too, and I'm not gonna say which. If I live through the day (which is unlikely as of yet), protective role (or even ppa himself) should randomly pick me or ppa, and hope the mafia takes the wrong bait.

What I find even more dubious is the fact that genus has emerged as a leader, despite the fact that ppa is the un cc-d watcher. Sure, janitor antics might be going on, but certainly PPA is a better person to follow than genus right now?

Offline Waxwings

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2009, 10:22:34 pm »
I am here, at least.

I'll vote flyby for the moment, but I prefer to lurk such matters as this anyway.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2009, 10:31:12 pm »
I don't lead, but others like to follow me.

You'll probably survive the day because momentum is climaxing on a flyby lynch. You're overreacting to what were initially a few light votes on you, now hiding behind the power role bromide. The flyby bandwagon's faster...but she seems foolish to me. I wonder if there's a lyncher with her as a target? Douglas' switch on votes strikes me as heavy-handed. 

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Stefan

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2009, 10:46:28 pm »
The first two votes of the game, by two people who initially emerged as leaders, are votes worth reacting to. I am not overreacting; had I not accused flyby, the momentum would have kept with me and certainly gotten me lynched. My reaction was clearly appropriate for the situation, as it worked.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2009, 10:53:48 pm »
Quote from: Stefan
The first two votes of the game, by two people who initially emerged as leaders, are votes worth reacting to. I am not overreacting; had I not accused flyby, the momentum would have kept with me and certainly gotten me lynched. My reaction was clearly appropriate for the situation, as it worked.

After flyby and I voted him, this:

Quote from: Stefan
I'm being lynched... because?

flyby was never a leader, and that's definitely a touchy reaction. You seem anxious to claim something, which means you probably have a fallback.

Edit: quote tags fixed. And I restate my concern that flyby's the fool. She's been on for a while, and as mafia would know better than to not post anything.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:07:53 pm by General Throatstomper »

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2009, 01:08:22 am »
Yeah, I didn't want things to take too long. I think I'm going to stop voting at 9PM EDT Tuesday night. Anyone who hasn't voted is SOL. I do kinda want to get this game moving.

So far -
Votes for stefan: 3 (flyby, genus, PPA)
Votes for flyby: 3 (douglas, Waxwings, stefan)
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2009, 03:29:03 am »
Well I guess I have to step in now. I used "he" earlier on purpose to make sure I don't uncover anything crucial, but flyby was the person I saw visiting genus.

Offline flyby

• Lurker in the Shadows~
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • Livin' the dream~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2009, 03:38:39 am »
Yeah, that is how I knew PPA was legit, because I knew he would use the he thing to cover me X). (Though to be sure is also why I asked for a CC if there was one).

I really don't want this to turn into some mass-claiming first day. Yes I'm following genus. I don't really have a good feel for how forum mafia works, and genus has written enough for me to feel like I have a decent read on him, whereas everyone else I don't, and if genus convinces me he is town-sided, then I am willing to follow him while I try to work out my own way of figuring out how to read things in the forum setting.

I feel like I'm walking blind atm.
:)

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2009, 03:58:29 am »
Yeah, that is how I knew PPA was legit, because I knew he would use the he thing to cover me X). (Though to be sure is also why I asked for a CC if there was one).

I really don't want this to turn into some mass-claiming first day. Yes I'm following genus. I don't really have a good feel for how forum mafia works, and genus has written enough for me to feel like I have a decent read on him, whereas everyone else I don't, and if genus convinces me he is town-sided, then I am willing to follow him while I try to work out my own way of figuring out how to read things in the forum setting.

I feel like I'm walking blind atm.
Okay, now I'm confused - it's sounding like either PPA and flyby are both legit or both clear, yes?  Unless there's a mafia night role thing going on here (flyby hooker confirmed <_<).  Damn, it'd be really helpful to know what roles we had.

Who haven't we heard from at all?

Offline SonicAD

« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2009, 07:13:46 pm »
I don't really like the bandwagon on either of them, but I don't see much to make me want to vote elsewhere either. I was going to go for the comedy option of voting for someone random, but I'm not going to take the risk that there's a gallis-type role that I accidentally knock out, so I'm going to settle for voting stefan

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2009, 09:20:43 pm »
Stefan, the doctor, was brutally murdered by angry townspeople.

Well that was anti-climactic, if you'll excuse the pun.

And SonicAD seals the finishing vote.

GENUS, THE LYNCHER, WINS!

Yeah, genus owned you bitches old school. Props to him.

First off, here's how night 1 went, because it was pretty LOL.

1. FKE was janned, you all knew that. He was hooked too for some strange and yet weird reason.
2. PPA's claiming of Watcher meant nothing, as the Stalker knew he was the watcher already.
3. The cop had an innocent report on genus.
4. The randomization of genus' lyncher target was hilarious considering the flowchart in the top 10.
5. Yes, there was a mismason.

Now, here's everybody's role!

TOWN:
Villagers (5): 1stkirbyever, Paraxade, Waxwings, Bertin, ieatatsonic
Doctor: Stefan
Cop: flyby
Watcher: PPA
Mason: mike89 (masoned doug)

THIRD PARTY:
Lyncher: genus (target: stefan)

MAFIA:
Hooker: Chao_Fan
Janitor: SonicAD
Stalker: Douglas

Maybe we should start a new one on a more standard mafia type thing?
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2009, 07:06:57 am »
Oh are you kidding now.

gg genus

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2009, 07:15:30 am »
Oh now that sucks hard. That means I was definitely right to mason :/

And I nearly masoned genus too. That would've made for a hilarious first day.

<3 Thorn.

Offline flyby

• Lurker in the Shadows~
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • Livin' the dream~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2009, 07:21:26 am »
I think at least if we are going to not have a typical mafia setup, it would be nice to know what the roles are. I would have been a lot more weary of following genus on a stefan lynch if i knew there was a lyncher out there. <_<
:)

Offline Stefan

« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2009, 07:59:47 am »
The three people who got accused on day one were the doctor, cop, and watcher.

oops

Print

Hits: 378 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.26 MB | Time: 0.20s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.