don't click here

Which its opinion of the game Sonic and the Black Knight?

Print

Author Topic: Which its opinion of the game Sonic and the Black Knight?  (Read 7805 times)

Offline Cort

Which its opinion of the game Sonic and the Black Knight?
« on: March 19, 2009, 01:44:11 pm »
It is a strange game! still more that one uses swords in this game! it does not make sensible sonic and the other personages to use swords! if I was to give a note for this game between 0 and 10, I would give 3! Because, I found a game slow, the movements must be bad, alone I liked graphical them (and mainly them CGs) are spectacular[/size]

Offline Firstkirbyever

Re: Which its opinion of the game Sonic and the Black Knight?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 04:33:52 pm »
It is a strange game! still more that one uses swords in this game! it does not make sensible sonic and the other personages to use swords! if I was to give a note for this game between 0 and 10, I would give 3! Because, I found a game slow, the movements must be bad, alone I liked graphical them (and mainly them CGs) are spectacular[/size]

A lot of people don't like Sonic Black knight, it's a worse version of Sonic Secret rings, and mostly it's just "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT", the story line is to short also, i spent $50 for a 4 hour game!?!
The game sucks end of topic <_<
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline Light Sector

• The Mercenary of Lightness
  • TSC: DarkSector2
  • win2000 firefox
  • I am the master of lightness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 09:32:07 am »
Well I liked the game pretty much but I wouldn't say it would be better than Unleashed. If I was rating it, I'd give it mainly a 7.

1st: Multiplayer kinda sucks. Since there is no co-op mode for the story, no racing on levels, or getting the most score or rings, or finding certain items in a level. All there is, is Last Man Standing which you fight your friend to the end with life, defeat the most solider-ones, work together to beat the giant-one. And hey there's a list of Sonic Games that had decent multiplayer, why not this one?

SonicAdv, 2, and 3 all had multiplayer options. SA2B also did. Sonic Heroes also had decent.

2nd: The level layouts are pretty nice, graphics are just as or a little better than SSR.
3rd: Moves are straightforward, easy to learn.
4th: It is as long as you want to make it. It is only as short as you want to make it. People who rush through games say it is too short, but when you have people that take their time and actually try to enjoy it like me, it is longer.
I am a mercenary (paid of course). I get to kill for a living! >:)

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • TSC: Iceman
  • winvista msie7
  • An icy coyote! Or is it ;)
    • View Profile
    • www.lavadomefive.com/forum
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 11:36:04 am »

4th: It is as long as you want to make it. It is only as short as you want to make it. People who rush through games say it is too short, but when you have people that take their time and actually try to enjoy it like me, it is longer.
[/quote]

Yeah I can believe that. I also like to take my time. It my take 4hrs to beat it, but there are extra modes you can do though. Multiplayer sucks. Heh Unleashed for the wii was alot better. And you can't play SBK with the GC controller if the wii-nunchuck combination doesn't work out for you. (Like sword attacks could be preset as button combinations) The C button for camera control rather than turning around to get the camera to look the way you want it to. Maybe L or R could be buttons for the character's special move. so if Sonic Team sees how much SBK sold and starts thinking about a sequel, plz put the people in mind as well. Take your time to build it, it isn't a rush to get done before a certain year rolls over, you don't want the S06 Syndrome infecting more games.
Eis Makai is the Icy Coyote. Sumaru Star is the Ice Dragon. I own the Ice Planet!

Offline Rolken

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 06:04:20 pm »
I was going to write a review of sorts, but Dreadknux of TSS had almost exactly the same reaction that I did, so just check out his instead if you want details. Key paragraph:

Overall, you’ll be hard pushed to come back to Black Knight once you’ve nobbled the story. And even while you’re playing it you’ll feel no sense of actually playing a Sonic game. The experience is tiring and frustrating one moment, empty and soulless the next. This is the first time I’ve played a Sonic game and not felt any kind of depth or satisfaction. Even Sonic 06 felt like a full package, as bad as that game was. Sonic and the Black Knight seems like a demo disk, devoid of any real gameplay gratification at all. Older Sonic fans are likely to feel the same way, while ‘younger kids’ - this game’s target audience - are more prone to break their controllers by throwing them at a wall.

The game isn't necessarily broken so much as just completely pointless. Almost every level that I played was a long narrow corridor with a different backdrop and maybe a few occasional hazards in the endless sea of enemies. The bosses are similarly cut-and-paste. The only people who would enjoy this game are those who are invested in Sonic as a character and don't particularly care what gameplay he happens to be thrust into. I quit after about an hour and a half, when I didn't feel like dealing with the boss right before the first credits.

If you really must play this game, definitely rent it before you buy it. I got it from Gamefly (a-la Netflix) myself.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 07:54:37 pm »
I'm glad I didn't buy this. Really, I already felt like giving up on SR, but I don't even wanna touch this. It seems sega, as (apparently) sonic is now geared toward kids, they're trying to make up "exciting" adventures for sonic to go on. Really, I don't think I'd like this that much.
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • TSC: Cyan Ryan
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 07:06:18 pm »
3, 2, 1, go!
slash slash slash turn slash slash slash turn slash slash slash turn slash slash slash turn OMG BOSS!!1 slash slash slash turn slash slash slash turn slash slash slash turn slash slash slash GAME COMPLETE

Sums up SBK. :(

Offline Cort

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 11:08:26 pm »
3, 2, 1, go!
slash slash slash turn slash slash slash turn slash slash slash turn slash slash slash turn OMG BOSS!!1 slash slash slash turn slash slash slash turn slash slash slash turn slash slash slash GAME COMPLETE

Sums up SBK. :(

hahaha very funny Kitsune!!!!

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • TSC: Cyan Ryan
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 07:33:45 am »
I try, Vitor, I try...

Offline Cort

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 10:36:19 am »
Truly, you tried it! LOL

Print

Hits: 853 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.07 MB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.