don't click here

The media is always right!!!

Print

Author Topic: The media is always right!!!  (Read 4337 times)

Offline P.P.A.

The media is always right!!!
« on: March 12, 2009, 12:36:55 pm »
I assume you all have heard of the kid who ran amok in Germany and killed 16 people including himself. Well, now let us analyse the post-event media coverage:
The BBC and various other news agencies claim that he's announced this deed in an "internet chatroom" before. At the page of the Tagesschau, there's even a screenshot of it!

This, quite obviously, is not a chatroom but an imageboard. As I've been there a couple of times, I also instantly saw that it was the German board Krautchan. Misinformation 1: Imageboards are not chatrooms and are never taken seriously anyway. Also, the media claims he had been addressing a person called "Bernd". Which is a normal German name, however... Misinformation 2: Anonymous on Krautchan is called "Bernd" for no reason, thus he hasn't been addressing a single person but rather the whole board. So, let's see if the post is still up on Krautchan! Oops, what?
Quality journalism

Unfortunately, our tiny server can't handle the current rush. There's nothing to see anyway, since the German press was unfortunately fooled (and probably not for the first time either) by a forgery.

No killing spree was announced here, there are only people who know how to use Photoshop.

Apparently, researching is considered uncool nowadays. It's bad enough to copy from Wikipedia, but from here? Christ.

By the way, we don't know what exactly the authorities claim to have found on the perpetrator's PC. Maybe he visited the site, but he definitely didn't write the post that went through the news, because that one never existed.

(Here's a screenshot of the quite unspectacular original, which doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with killing sprees.)

In any case, we're offline until traffic has gone back to normal levels.
Misinformation 3: The two previous wrong informations are based on a fake, edited screenshot of something that never happened.

Summary: All the media coverage about this event has been announcing something that was a terribly incorrect information obscuring the real circumstances, and it was not even genuine in its basics as the screenshot it was based on was photoshopped. Good job!
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • TSC: Iceman
  • winvista msie7
  • An icy coyote! Or is it ;)
    • View Profile
    • www.lavadomefive.com/forum
Re: The media is always right!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 12:44:36 pm »
LOLs. The media usually always exaggerates things but not in this degree! The press failed to notice the fakes.

This was great. I needed a laugh or two.
Eis Makai is the Icy Coyote. Sumaru Star is the Ice Dragon. I own the Ice Planet!

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 05:06:18 pm »
AFTER HOURS OF IT BEING BLURTED OUT ON EVERY TV CHANNEL AND ON EVERY INTERNET SITE POSSIBLE:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7939528.stm
http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/amoklauf162.html

Looks like they have actually not forgotten how to do research!
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 02:25:57 pm »
That's sorta hilarious...

I think it's comical how brain-dead they expect people to be... I really do wish that I could code an "idiocy/redundancy remover"... that'd be the hotness (in reference to the BBC article)
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Print

Hits: 199 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1011.27 KB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.