don't click here

F-Zero GX

Print

Author Topic: F-Zero GX  (Read 8757 times)

Offline Alondite

F-Zero GX
« on: February 16, 2009, 09:37:23 pm »
So I just remember how awesome this game is, and was thinking that we could have some friendly forum-based competition among any TSCers who want to participate. 

It would be more pure competition, so no snaking or spaceflying.  Probably Max Speed settings, but maybe custom settings depending on what people want.  I'm going to guage interest before I bother putting up any "charts."

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
Re: F-Zero GX
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:13:29 am »
So I just remember how awesome this game is, and was thinking that we could have some friendly forum-based competition among any TSCers who want to participate. 

It would be more pure competition, so no snaking or spaceflying.  Probably Max Speed settings, but maybe custom settings depending on what people want.  I'm going to guage interest before I bother putting up any "charts."

Have you ever BEEN to a FZGX competition?

all that aside, since it's my usual stance, I'd like to enter my best times for the races, if you've any interest, from my non-snake file
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Jawzunx

• first person to beat Cybrax on City Escape (3rd mission)
  • TSC: Jawzun
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:24:32 am »
lol I don't even know how to snake on F-Zero GX
still can't believe what I did in 2007

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 12:15:36 pm »
oh, I remember how awesome this game is!

I used to be fairly into time attacking it. Never anywhere near as good as though pros, though I always wanted to be.
I never was able to do the tricks they did on max speed settings, so I just did snaking instead. Was only able to do this on a few levels though (mainly the big open ones, lol)

I don't have my game here now so I can't play, but I'll certainly upload my times the next time I go home

Offline Alondite

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 01:42:48 pm »

Have you ever BEEN to a FZGX competition?

all that aside, since it's my usual stance, I'd like to enter my best times for the races, if you've any interest, from my non-snake file

I've never so much as heard of an F-Zero competition, but I've played it competitively.  My main track was Ordeal...until the 15 second barrier was broken, then I didn't bother anymore.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 07:34:23 pm »
I've never so much as heard of an F-Zero competition, but I've played it competitively.  My main track was Ordeal...until the 15 second barrier was broken, then I didn't bother anymore.

Gotta love it ^_^
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline Alondite

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 01:35:26 pm »
Yeah..not so much.  I played a few other tracks for awhile, but SF routes were being discovered on every track, and I really don't enjoy SFing, and didn't care to do max speed.  I just got kinda burnt out on the game because I played it so much, so I stopped altogether, but I'd definitely be up for some TSC F-Zeroing.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 09:41:55 pm »
SFing is what made the game so popular, afaict...

regardless, I do have a non-snake/SF file w/ times... next time I get ahold of the game I'll send those times in here... they're par/good, mostly... I only have a handful of ghosts unlocked, but they aren't shabby...

they are, in my opinion, intermediate times....benchmarks, if you will

Print

Hits: 170 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.02 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.