don't click here

TSC Convention

Print

Author Topic: TSC Convention  (Read 112679 times)

Offline SonicAD

Re: TSC Convention
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2009, 01:47:17 pm »
I'm still hoping we can arrange a Michigan carpool so we can all save cash if 3 or so of us are able to go.

Offline Luxray

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2009, 05:28:20 am »
Third the jobs thing. I have one, but it's not ideal...

I'd still love to come to this. hopefully i can get some money soon
Obviously you stowaway on mike's flight.

If i wasn't so freakishly tall i'd go for it. :(
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2009, 08:54:31 am »
Third the jobs thing. I have one, but it's not ideal...

I'd still love to come to this. hopefully i can get some money soon
Obviously you stowaway on mike's flight.

If i wasn't so freakishly tall i'd go for it. :(
<_<
But everyone's tall in Australia.  You'd have no problem.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2009, 04:51:43 pm »
So THAT'S why cheese doesn't bother me, but icecream melts my tongue...  I'd no idea!

Lactose intolerance has nothing to do with taste or anything; it's purely digestive. If something causes other symptoms it's not lactose intolerance, and may be an allergy. Also, if you react to things that have traces of milk in them regardless of their sugaryness (say, having similar reactions to cheese and milk), it's probably an allergy.

Further, most sweet milk products (yogurt, frozen yogurt, soft serve, but it seems not so much regular ice cream) are sweetened with milk solids, which are almost all lactose instead of other sugars. So they cause me more problems than milk itself does. I've actually become violently ill from drinking a quantity of yogurt that, had it been milk, would have done little more than make me gassy.

Also, I second this job business. I has no moneyz.

No, not the taste at all... if I eat ice cream or drink milk or something like that, it actually damages my tongue.  It's like I'm eating acid, honestly...  it also messes with my guts, of course, but because my stomach has been in pain for the past three months or so (lack of food), it's significantly less noticeable, except for perhaps bad gas from time to time (after milk products)

stupid economic decline...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Stefan

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2009, 08:17:24 am »
Convention activity idea:

Egg Drop.

Nuff said.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2009, 04:30:45 pm »
Convention activity idea:

Eggman Drop.

Nuff said.
Fixed for thematic joke.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2009, 10:56:08 am »
I'm totally making a Robotnik easter-ish egg at some point.

Also, thanks to everyone who offered support about the general lack of food...  You guys are amazing.

I'm ok, and I'm surviving, so please don't worry too much.  Hopper's job finally paid off everything he owed, and in a couple weeks, it'll be back to normal... he got laid off and we had ot sac food money to pay bills, so we all just ate less...

Reading some of the things (and replying to them) actually made me cry happy tears...  AIM/MSN/YIM, my e-mail, chatPM and TSCPM... everywhere I looked, people were making sure I was ok...

Gamers are awesome.
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline flyby

• Lurker in the Shadows~
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • Livin' the dream~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2009, 06:43:55 pm »
Ok. So, with Mike's recent departure, I have been reconsidering the timing of the convention. The main reason for having it in the winter was so he could come. He said he would still probably come, since it was not the purpose for his trip, but I question the idea of planning the convention around someone who does not care that much, when if it were timed differently, we could potentially get many more people able to come.

So I am considering instead of January 2010, sometime in the summer of 2010? I am still up for January if people would prefer that, but am thinking that summer may be a better time all around. Just looking for thoughts on this, and really if anyone is against the change. I was thinking we could maybe even do it around Sonic's birthday :O.

There are lots of advantages to having the convention in the summer, but if there are reasons that people think January would be preferable, I would like to hear those too, so we can have all views before making a final decision.
:)

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2009, 02:08:59 am »
Ok. So, with Mike's recent departure, I have been reconsidering the timing of the convention. The main reason for having it in the winter was so he could come. He said he would still probably come, since it was not the purpose for his trip, but I question the idea of planning the convention around someone who does not care that much, when if it were timed differently, we could potentially get many more people able to come.

So I am considering instead of January 2010, sometime in the summer of 2010? I am still up for January if people would prefer that, but am thinking that summer may be a better time all around. Just looking for thoughts on this, and really if anyone is against the change. I was thinking we could maybe even do it around Sonic's birthday :O.

There are lots of advantages to having the convention in the summer, but if there are reasons that people think January would be preferable, I would like to hear those too, so we can have all views before making a final decision.

change it too December 21st, 2012. >_>
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2009, 09:41:40 am »
Perhaps we should hold a TSC convention for Europe this winter in the UK.

AND THEN

THE GRAND TSC EUROPE SNOWBALL TOURNEY CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline MPit08

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2009, 10:48:24 pm »
havent read the whole thread, but where would this convention be?

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2009, 01:11:37 am »
PPA, I would eat you alive in a snowball fight (provided my "tools" are allowed >_>)

otherwise, I refuse to participate.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2009, 06:17:08 am »
Well since the convention has been moved to next summer, it looks very likely I can go to it. I didn't post in here before because I wasn't sure about coming due to money issues and then Rolken left for a while so I wasn't sure this convention was still happening or not. However, since it is then yeah I'll come.

I will have plenty of time to save money and I don't think time would be an issue. Also since I'm only 5 foot tall I don't think you'll have a problem with space XD.

The only problem I have is when I get to America, I wouldn't know what to do then because this will be the first time I set foot abroad on my own. So yeah little bit nervous about that especially with my AS, I can get confused easily :S but yeah I'd love to go :D

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • TSC: Cyan Ryan
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2009, 01:26:11 pm »
SUMMER?!

YES!!!

I can 100% definitely go now.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2009, 02:00:58 am »
PPA, I would eat you alive in a snowball fight (provided my "tools" are allowed >_>)

otherwise, I refuse to participate.
NO ROCKS
NO ICE
SNOW ONLY
KINGDOM OF ENGLAND
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2009, 02:58:15 am »
How would i convince my parents to go? "Mum, i need permission to go visit a bunch of strangers from the internet for a day or two, can i go?" Im not sure

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2009, 11:07:15 pm »

Hmm.... Now it's a higher chance that I could make it.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2009, 12:26:03 am »
How would i convince my parents to go? "Mum, i need permission to go visit a bunch of strangers from the internet for a day or two, can i go?" Im not sure

The fact that anyone could even possibly look at it that way disgusts me, and I've lost quite a bit of faith for humanity from your statement alone...  way to go

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2009, 01:56:45 am »
My mom would let me go, considering she's not as paranoid as every other parent out there. :/

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2009, 02:06:12 am »
i didn't mean it like that >_> but yeah looks like i SHOULDn't be going now. So i wont even try.

Edit: I mean i shouldn't of put it like that >.<
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 02:14:10 am by Werey »

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2009, 07:59:33 am »
Hey Werey, here's a shovel, keep digging.  <_<
As for me, I'd like to sure, but unless it's within a couple hours of the lovely State of Maine, I can't.  Enjoy yourselves!
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2009, 05:12:11 pm »
I believe you can fly.
I believe you can touch the sky~

Offline flyby

• Lurker in the Shadows~
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • Livin' the dream~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2009, 01:05:27 am »
Ok, so the timing is getting pretty fixed for next summer, looking to be probably right around the end of June, beginning/middle of July. Want to know what people's timelines are like, and probably avoid the 4th, because even though I wouldn't really mind having it over the 4th, I am sure it would make it harder for at least one person to go, so either want to do it before or after that. Also with it being in the summer, I am not really concerned about space at all. People can camp out in our backyard, etc if we have tons of people.

So yeah, give me any conflicts, to see if we can find any dates with no conflicts, and what dates would work for people, and remind me again if you are definitely coming, a probably, or a maybe with your dates. Thanks! :D

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2009, 07:48:41 am »
Oh that's awesome news. That's like... right when my holidays are :D

I think uni holidays are late June to late July - I'll come back later with exact dates. I get not wanting to have anything on the 4th of July, but rest assured I know a few people who I'd love to spend a 4th of July with. X)

So er, if it's in July, pencil me in. June would be tricky because I wouldn't be able to commit until my exam timetable for that semester came out... which is far from ideal.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2009, 04:37:32 pm »
Like I said before, good luck trying to get me to have set plans a year in advance. But summers are usually alright.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2009, 04:57:41 pm »
I will have just graduated (hopefully!), and will probably be unemployed and in masses of student debt. So... while I will have the free time... will I have the money? Maybe. Maybe.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2009, 01:51:19 pm »
^Oh? Emma Watson FTW!

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline flyby

• Lurker in the Shadows~
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • Livin' the dream~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2009, 01:00:18 am »
Looks like CF may have another chance to steal me away! I am not holding my breath that he will actually take it!

« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2009, 03:49:55 am »
so my place this summer guys?!

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2009, 03:46:04 pm »
so I would go but....

I kind of forgot who's who.

No seriously, who are you people? Every time I go in the chat I have people saying hi to me that know my name and I don't know theirs D:

Its sad and frightening at the same time

Print

Hits: 909 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.33 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.