don't click here

Eredani returns? An explanation.

Print

Author Topic: Eredani returns? An explanation.  (Read 21211 times)

Offline eredani

Eredani returns? An explanation.
« on: December 10, 2008, 06:00:03 pm »
As some of you will remember, I had promised earlier on in the year that I would overtake the #1 spot on the Sitewide rankings by the end of it. A promise that I earnestly meant to keep, but now reasonably won't have the opportunity to actually fulfill. Unless a miracle happens; I've done it before.

Anyhow, there are some things about my competitive absence that I feel the need to explain regardless of how uncomfortable it is and how much I hate to do this, so I'll go ahead and tell you a few simple things about my conditions: Long since before I first joined TSC or even had any active thoughts regarding game-competition, I've been living in a demeaning and unstimulating environment that has given me relatively poor self-confidence (as amazing as that may sound) and consistently kept down my motivation to a minimum; not to mention that I'm apparently suffering from a severe case of bad luck (and I've come up with several probable theories regarding the poor luck that I have, but that's irrelevant here). Now, those are things that have been prominent factors throughout a lot of my competition, as some of you no doubt recognize the symptoms of now that you hear it said; even if I've actually been fairly motivated and sure of myself at times, mainly when challenged for a record.

The truth of the matter is... that for a long time I've been subject to many problems that are entirely beyond my control; Things that have been incredibly frustrating for me to experience and thence made that both my -will- and -ability- to compete has been severally diminished (not that I've ever become bad at it as such). Which is partially because it has become a near impossibility for me to have any good opportunities of even getting a chance to compete in some games. As an example I'll reveal to you that my Xbox's DVD-reader is fairly broken and has had a habit of -repeatedly crashing- unprovokedly for about 3 years in a row now, thus effectively making -almost my entire time of competing in Sonic Heroes- an unbelievably frustrating and burdensome hell to endure (and that's in addition to the many glitches that are already present in the game itself...), with crashes happening randomly and unexpectedly either when trying to load a level, while in the middle of playing one, or precisely when you hit the goal ring based on a dice roll; Try to imagine that. Oh, and some of the stages aren't even playable at all anymore, courtesy of me inadvertently lending the disc to someone who doesn't really care about how they should be handled.

So, here's a simple question: Does this sound harsh to you? I can testify that it is. In fact, I can barely see why people with working consoles are having so many issues with Sonic Heroes, thanks to the merciless, always-impending mid-game crashes that I've had to experience. No wonder that I haven't been feeling like competing in general, eh?

Well, okay. Now that I've finally decided to spill the beans and tell you all something about myself, I can go on to the next point... Near the conclusion of the last (Real) Top 10, I wrote an as-of-yet unsubmitted post where I had elaborated more thoroughly on the subject, but that I never sent for a few reasons that are still very actual. One of those reasons being that I felt a very potent shame and embarassment over the fact that I had no real power, nor any control over my own life situation including the possibility for me to engage in competition when it's something that I really like to do, not to mention that I really hate the prospect of making anyone -else- depressed with my own issues. However, I might post that one too sometime just in order to shed some more light for the curious.

Regardless, to anyone who cares at all: Starting immediately today (on the 11th December), as I've conjured up a deal with powers that shalln't be mentioned, I'm definitely going back to competing and will at least make a very valiant attempt to lessen the gap between me and the champion spot in the time that I have left.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 06:38:31 pm by eredani »

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: Eredani returns? An explanation.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 06:43:23 pm »
It's good to see your back eredani, there's definatly been something very noticable missing in the time you've been gone.

I can somewhat relate to your game crashing at frustrating random moments problem, one of my 360's tends to do this whenever it feels like at present, but naturally I don't do any form of competition on it so I can't fully relate heh
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 07:05:00 pm »
I haven't the foggiest idea what you just said.  Welcome back, regardless.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 07:08:22 pm »
Yeah, what Minus said in its entirety.
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 07:12:33 pm »
I have to admit I'm surprised you even shared this much.  It's not like you have to, but it's nice to know the whereabouts of a prominent member such as yourself.  I missed you man ;_;

also don't know if you've checked the video section lately, but I have fresh goods for you to look at >_>
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • TSC: Iceman
  • winvista msie7
  • An icy coyote! Or is it ;)
    • View Profile
    • www.lavadomefive.com/forum
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 11:57:10 am »
Welcome back man! We all missed ya. Why haven't you at least called or wrote a letter to us? Awwell it is done. So I hope your competing again and remember to visit us in the chatroom. We need new people in there. If you read my topic http://www.soniccenter.org/forum/index.php?topic=3924.msg41516#new

These are reasons to visit the chat. Invite your friends to TSC and the forum and the chat.

So good luck.
Espio! Secretly watch this topic!
Vector you're the backup
Mighty is Vector's backup
Charmy is fired!
Iceman will finish it!
Eis Makai is the Icy Coyote. Sumaru Star is the Ice Dragon. I own the Ice Planet!

Offline truesonic53

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 12:08:19 pm »
Welcome back. Good luck in setting more world records in your favourite stages. Remember that regardless of what you say, nobody has a doubt about your awesome competitive abilities.

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • winvista msie7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 01:12:42 pm »
Man. I have to start submitting for SAdvance again! So I can beat your records. Man your records are good, I must beat you!
Eis Makai is the Icy Coyote. Sumaru Star is the Ice Dragon. I own the Ice Planet!

Offline truesonic53

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 01:46:22 pm »
Man. I have to start submitting for SAdvance again! So I can beat your records. Man your records are good, I must beat you!
Do you mean my records? Well, not really, most of my records are really beatable. I will be glad if Sonic Advance will be a more competitive game. Hopefully you will get a high rank there, and be among the leaders.

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • winvista msie7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 01:54:02 pm »
No Eredani's

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 02:11:52 pm »
Ice Man, we went through this with someone else already.

tone down your sig.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 02:21:14 pm »
We've already spoken, but I'll make this official: Welcome back, Eredani.

I have to admit that I am in the same boat as you in several respects, including lack of console reliability and free time.

I took up sonic 3 times and TA because of your request. A few months ago, you told me to try TAing instead of RAing; and I refused, saying that I never had the potential to match TSCers in one of the big 4 sonic games. I look back laughing at myself for that: it turns out I managed to not only fill out the time, TA, and score charts, but also take the championship, all in the course of 4 days.

So, you have yourself a new sonic 3 competitor to welcome you back, and take up to your challenges and share information there if you're still up to it.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 07:22:59 am »
You're not aware of it, eredani, but there's been a message in the chatroom topic for a week or two that says this:

WhisperingEye: jeez genus.. y u always talk so much but say so little?

I think the same could easily apply to your monologue of an opening post.

Regardless, welcome back. It would appear we are seeing some sort of revival here... here's hoping 2009 is as much like the good old days as is possible.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 02:20:00 pm »
Grats on coming back, despite the semi-ominous tone of your post.

And I'm with mike too. I have been in somewhat of a mood to pick up one of the old games again...
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 02:29:56 pm »
Welcome back...Plz don't hurt meh! ;-;
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 03:02:01 pm »
EREDANI!

Well, now that he's finally going to be returning to competition, maybe there will be a little more life in TSC, what with everyone trying to defend all their records against Eredani... >_>

TAKE SITEWIDE!
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 03:44:00 pm »
Welcome back...Plz don't hurt meh! ;-;
GASP
THE ONE PERSON THAT DSS FEARS
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 03:47:03 pm »
BS!  I also fear myself. D:

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 04:11:08 pm »
DsS would fear Mike89 if it wasn't for Mike's apathy >_>
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline Muzozavr

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 05:21:00 am »
Welcome back, and WOW are you annihilating S3.
Proud to discover a new glitch on Sandopolis 1 as Tails

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 11:46:02 am »
Muzo, meet Eredani.

(Since he has always refused to brag, I'll step in and do it for him.)

Eredani is either the most talented Speedrunner, or the second such with SprintGod being first.

I say this not because of how much of this site they've annihilated, but the ease with which they annihilate them.  For example, in going head-to-head with Eredani in S1MMv4, it took him an average of 17 attempts to clear each bench-mark I set, while it took me an average of 85 runs to beat his... and most of the time I gave up before he did (or we'd both get "pretty close to perfect" and we'd agree to find another level).

The only reason that Eredani isn't #1 sitewide is simply because, as he was ranting about, he doesn't have the ability to play that often.  This bothers him, and in turn (I think, at least) is the reason for a fair deal of his behavior here in Cyberspace.

The only reason SprintGod doesn't own the charts is because he usually doesn't have interest in speedrunning, for whatever reason.  When he does compete, he's a force to be reckoned with.

Eredani and SprintGod scare people with their annihilation and mastery of the games on this site.

I personally think that Eredani is superior as a speedrunner, but I know that part of this is because I know him a little more personally than I do Sprint... I do know he WANTS to play more, though, and I'm sure that counts.

But yes, when Eredani can speedrun, he makes everyone else look like snails...

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 05:58:50 pm »
Eredani scares me, mainly because I'm trying to get high up on the sonic3 and knuckles charts.

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 06:11:11 pm »
I wish I could compete more. :( (Though I still can during college breaks)

Offline Pokemonmaster888

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 01:47:41 am »
It is great to see you return to the TSC community Eredani. You have always been a major motivation to my Sonic Heroes play, and I wish you luck in your gaming once again. I also know how you feel with your Xbox problems, as my GameCube has had some of those problems since last August.

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 04:15:41 am »
omfg how eredani get 0:36 on ai2-k it's impozzible!

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 05:06:26 pm »
how do you even get sub 50 on AI2k??? its impossible!

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 05:21:21 pm »
Are you guys being sarcastic or are you truly shocked?
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 06:35:27 pm »
omfg how eredani get 0:36 on ai2-k it's impozzible!

He said that too... until I told him he was wrong and that it needed to be done...

and then he did it ^_^

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 07:43:48 pm »
Are you guys being sarcastic or are you truly shocked?
I was being sarcastic, and as far as I know so was fuzzerd.
Eredani is a meanie for taking one of my few records :(

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 08:38:46 pm »
When you play against Eredani, that's usually what happens

Print

Hits: 178 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.31 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.