don't click here

Sonic Unwiished (and PS2)Competition Topic

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Unwiished (and PS2)Competition Topic  (Read 38560 times)

Offline Ring Rush

Sonic Unwiished (and PS2)Competition Topic
« on: November 19, 2008, 08:03:56 pm »

Unleashed charts are up, so this topic will now just be used for normal competition discussion

Old topic:
Thought that I should create this, where we can compete until the charts go up

So far, all I've done is RA Apotos. Got 637 and I'm fairly sure I missed around 2 rings in the boss fight. Still have only done Apotos and Holoska, so I should go unlock more levels... {later} Also got 230 in Apotos 1, 639 in Apotos 2, and later 644 in Chun-Nan

And maybe if I ever get this sonic drift down I can TA :(
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 11:49:54 pm by Ring Rush »
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline Ring Rush

Re: Sonic Unwiished (and PS2) Temporary Competition Topic
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 10:53:39 pm »
For various reasons, (not displaying at final screen, possibility of maxing in day levels, no ability to lose rings in night levels, etc.) I think its best if rings are -not- added to the site for Sonic Unwiished.

That would make times and bosses the only divisions. As soon as I finish up this last zone I'll create a temporary chart.
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 05:10:05 am »
I would argue on the grounds that there are portions of other games where you can't lose rings, but I'll need to get ahold of this game first before I have any real ground to stand on... however, I am still pro leaving in ring charts...  so long as they don't go inf
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 02:38:12 pm »
*contains spoilers*

~Sonic Unleashed TSC Chart v1~
Times-

Total Time
Day Total Time
Night Total Time
Apotos
 - Day 1
 - Day 2
 - Night 1
 - Night 2
 - Night 3
Spagonia
 - Day
 - Night 1
 - Night 2
 - Night 3
Chun-Nan
 - Day
 - Night 1
 - Night 2
 - Night 3
Holoska
 - Day
 - Night 1
 - Night 2
 - Night 3
Shamar
 - Day
 - Night 1
 - Night 2
 - Night 3
 - Night 4
Adabat
 - Day
 - Night 1
 - Night 2
 - Night 3
 - Night 4
Eggmanland
 - Day
 - Night 1
 - Night 2
 - Night 3
 - Night 4
 - Night 5

Bosses
Total Time
Total Time Sonic
Total Time Werehog
Note: [Sonic/Werehog] will be after each boss, and will be the division and total time the boss will go into.
Egg Beetle [Sonic]
Dark Gaia Phoenix [Werehog]
Egg Devil Ray [Sonic]
Dark Moray [Werehog]
Dark Guardian [Werehog]
Egg Lancer [Sonic]
Egg Dragoon [Werehog] (Yes, this is an egg boss and still fought with werehog)
Dark Gaia [Sonic] (See last comment and reverse it)

Important Discussions Before vFinal:

Add rings day?
- I find the problem with this is that A] rings don't actually display on the clear screen or level select screen and B] There is definate potential for rings in some levels maxing at 999. B will need to be tested more, but A is for sure and may be grounds enough for deletion.

Add rings night?
- In this mode, you can't lose rings when you get hit. In addition the rings are fairly easy to find in general. Unlike day, rings do display at the end, but don't appear on the level select screen.

Add score night?
- Score in Night is not named score, but Gaia Force. This goes up when you break force capsules, break boxes and pots, or beat enemies. I don't know the exact formula, but it seems very easy to max with no time bonus or ring bonus. I am not sure if this carries over death.

Super Sonic?
- As I do not know how to unlock him, I don't know the full details, but many say it is possible to play as Super Sonic in day levels. As we don't know how it works, if you can turn it off/on, or anything else, we can't rule on it. Before the charts go up, somebody from TSC needs to unlock Super Sonic and describe him so we can judge.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 03:20:32 pm by Ring Rush »

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 04:56:20 pm »
Umm... what's wrong with being able to max rings at 999?  there are plenty of games that have a max-ring-counter that you can reach (KC, S3&K offhand), Also, in shuffle it doesn't display time remaining, so you have to glance when you hit the end... same goes for SB3 and FZ (because they lack score tallies)

I'm not entirely sure either way, I'm just giving thoughts based on other games... it may well be that this game isn't suited for RAing, but I still think charts should go up as a ranking of effort... 

For the Werehog levels and not being able to lose rings, we do still have a few levels on the charts where there are no enemies (Gamma's level in SA1 and II3 in KC, for note), and I do not think that that would be a reason to not have charts...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 05:12:53 pm »
except you're comparing 1 level out of some games to many stages in one.

rings not shown at the results screen shouldn't be a factor...easily maxable to 999 is however.

if anything I say just add times.  even so, this is just the wii/ps2 version.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 05:15:49 pm »
So, I just found a way to break Gaia Force in ~95% of night levels.

Those enemies that you can hang onto to get over gaps can be killed over and over and over again, and every time you do so you get a few gaia force.

So those charts are out.

Also: Rings and Gaia Force do not dissapear after dieing. Just died after killing the very last enemy of Adabat 4 and still S ranked it.
Also2: After further testing, not only does your ring and force count not go away, but also rings and force in the level respawn. That means banning dieing or infinites.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 06:19:07 pm by Ring Rush »

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 07:30:17 pm »
Question: aren't there multiple missions per day stage?  I KNOW I saw a video for a specific "get 100 rings" challenge on Apotos, and IIRC the challenge was timed and ranked.

And at Aitamen: I love how often people claim that Final Egg Gamma contains no enemies.  It contains TWO; they're just defeated so quickly and easily that nobody cares.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • TSC: Cyan Ryan
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 08:20:14 pm »
Quote from: Ring Rush
Egg Beetle [Sonic]
Is it the one from SA2B?

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 11:28:55 pm »
Question: aren't there multiple missions per day stage?  I KNOW I saw a video for a specific "get 100 rings" challenge on Apotos, and IIRC the challenge was timed and ranked.

There are missions, but times in them are not saved. In addition, the time you see counts down, not up (its a limit, not for records). To top it all off, The time doesn't freeze after completing the mission, so its impossible to actually record your time!

Offline Ben

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 05:18:04 am »
There are missions, but times in them are not saved. In addition, the time you see counts down, not up (its a limit, not for records). To top it all off, The time doesn't freeze after completing the mission, so its impossible to actually record your time!

Sounds an awful lot like those SRA missions you love so dearly. >_>

Note: I think those SRA missions are a waste of TSC chart space, but it would be nice to have some consistency between the different game rankings.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 12:08:21 pm »
The difference is in SRA, after you finish a mission the timer freezes so you can see what you actually got. In SU, the timer goes from counting down to simply gone, so you can only estimate what your time was.

Offline Ben

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 12:28:42 pm »
Well it didn't display long enough for me to read off a time when I attempted a SRA mission.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 01:38:48 pm »
Yes but it displays, and you must be slow since everyone else seems to be able to read it off. In unleashed it -doesn't display at all-.

Don't turn this into an SRA topic, we already have multiple topics for that.

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 03:21:53 pm »
I personally think it gives enough time if you're looking at the clock while you're about to hit the goal ring, but I guess that's just me... >_>

Also I seriously doubt that Super Sonic rumor is true.

(And random fact: You can retry the 3rd phase of the final boss as many times as you like, as selecting Restart Stage from the pause menu starts you off at the 3rd phase with the same time as you started, and doesn't waste a life)

Offline ChaoRC

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 04:14:15 pm »
Question: For the Werehog, it there a limit to how much exp. points you can get, or do you infinitely keep receiving them? Or rather, does Werehog have a limit to how many abilities he can receive?

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 04:32:32 pm »
Question: For the Werehog, it there a limit to how much exp. points you can get, or do you infinitely keep receiving them? Or rather, does Werehog have a limit to how many abilities he can receive?
The Werehog's stats max out at level 5 (72000 experience).

Also got 2:42.205 on the Apotos Night 2. :P

Edit: 2:35.204
Wow, those bees are annoying...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 05:05:24 pm by Miles9999 »

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 05:15:46 pm »
except you're comparing 1 level out of some games to many stages in one.

rings not shown at the results screen shouldn't be a factor...easily maxable to 999 is however.

if anything I say just add times.  even so, this is just the wii/ps2 version.

Um, no, I was comparing it to KC (Knuckles Chaotix, since you aren't familiar, or at least not on the charts).

KC maxes at 255 rings and 20/30 levels in KC are maxable (all of them are maxable, actually, until there's a rule change...), and maybe more...  I broke 2 ring recs and maxed one of them, so I know there's still room for improvement, even if I'm not sure how much.

Also, I sent a message to ST, and the 360/Wii/PS3 Versions may be able to get patches if the suggestions fall into "notably improves a game's experience"...  I'd say in our case, adding a timer that displays at end level (or can be seen in a menu, better still) could certainly be the case... especially since there are a ton of competition sites out there to point at, not just ourselves...

not holding my breath, just shining a bit of light out there ^_^

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 07:10:15 pm »
So, what does anyone else think about times for each area?  RR said that "they seem stupid".  I don't think so, and I also think that "they seem stupid" is a bad reason not to add them anyway. >_>

Any other opinions on this?

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 07:16:11 pm »
<Paraxade> that's stupid

There's your other opinions >_>

Also <RingRush> I just personally don't see why we should track checkpoint times
<RingRush> they aren't saved anywhere
<RingRush> really, they are no different than say 2P rings
<RingRush> And its not like we are adding any new thing to compete in

<&Paraxade> we've never done that
<&Paraxade> why would we

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 02:12:10 pm »
Add rings day?
- I find the problem with this is that A] rings don't actually display on the clear screen or level select screen and B] There is definate potential for rings in some levels maxing at 999. B will need to be tested more, but A is for sure and may be grounds enough for deletion.

Add rings night?
- In this mode, you can't lose rings when you get hit. In addition the rings are fairly easy to find in general. Unlike day, rings do display at the end, but don't appear on the level select screen.

Add score night?
- Score in Night is not named score, but Gaia Force. This goes up when you break force capsules, break boxes and pots, or beat enemies. I don't know the exact formula, but it seems very easy to max with no time bonus or ring bonus. I am not sure if this carries over death.

Super Sonic?
- As I do not know how to unlock him, I don't know the full details, but many say it is possible to play as Super Sonic in day levels. As we don't know how it works, if you can turn it off/on, or anything else, we can't rule on it. Before the charts go up, somebody from TSC needs to unlock Super Sonic and describe him so we can judge.

Add rings day?
- Yes. Just because it's not on the Level Select doesn't mean anything. Rings aren't displayed on the Level Select on a lot of games such as Sonic 2 but that doesn't stop TSC from having divisions for it. XD It just doesn't make sense.

Add rings night?
- Has potential, yes.

Add score night?
- Nope.

Super Sonic?
- I can try doing it if noone else well. Let me know. I have 80 Sun Medals and 59 Moon Medals. Anyone else closer?
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Stefan

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 09:46:00 am »
RR, you realize that DSS has beaten your chun-nan, right? with video proof? ;)

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 01:23:54 pm »
I'm at 2.01 now, and I have tons of other times, I just am too lazy to update this topic.

Hence why we need charts.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2008, 10:35:51 am »
Can't wait.
Anything I can do to help?

(I have a lot of medals, btw.)
Wiiloveit

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 04:05:57 pm »
There better be a 360 version chart right away as well!

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • TSC: Iceman
  • winvista msie7
  • An icy coyote! Or is it ;)
    • View Profile
    • www.lavadomefive.com/forum
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 12:28:07 pm »
Quote from: Ring Rush
Egg Beetle [Sonic]
Is it the one from SA2B?
If you mean the one in Egg Quarters, probably not. But it may be so but twice as big though
Eis Makai is the Icy Coyote. Sumaru Star is the Ice Dragon. I own the Ice Planet!

Re: Sonic Unwiished (and PS2)Competition Topic
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 06:40:40 pm »
I have 88 sun medals and 68 moon medals and can easily get more; unless you've already got them all KnucklesSonic8.

Got 4:01.470 for EggmanLand day stage :)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2008, 10:54:45 pm »
68 Moon Medals, and 95 (I believe) Sun. :D
Charts up!! Yayz!
Wiiloveit

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 12:36:46 am »
Since charts are up, doesn't that effectively obsolete this topic?

EDIT: Oh never mind, rr already said that in the original post
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 12:15:32 pm »
Does no one in here have the 360 version with all the levels/missions unlocked?

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Print

Hits: 358 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.27 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.