don't click here

How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?

Print

Author Topic: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?  (Read 682443 times)

Offline yoshifan

Re: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?
« Reply #840 on: November 26, 2009, 03:38:55 pm »
Wow, I've been pretty out of the loop here and I didn't know you guys were going for all Sonic/Shadow records.  You guys are already ridiculously close, though!  Nice to see more of the missions getting very high competition, especially from you lately, finalrush (great job on PC2!).

Also, there's some impressive distribution of the Times records between players at this point:
me - 22, Brian - 21, Paragod - 21, SM - 19, Psyknux - 18, PoT - 10.
I'm amazed I still have the most, it must be because it's spread so evenly between several players.

Offline X-5

« Reply #841 on: November 26, 2009, 03:42:53 pm »
wow, I'm shocked I almost have the most time records..especially considering I only play a third of what the game offers..WOW!

never counted all the records before, just sonic/shadow

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 26, 2009, 05:36:25 pm »
Are you telling me that I should go for sub24? =D

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • win10 chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #843 on: November 26, 2009, 08:05:41 pm »
Hey yoshi!!! :D It's been a really LONG time since we talked man. I haven't realised this record count, so if we're at this now this means that I've been the one with most time records once o.O, since Final and Para got some of them in the past few months :D.

Hey Para, you have the same amount of records as me, but only with Sonic/Shadow!!! This is so amazing, as I said before, Final is the only one who can put a challenge to you with Sonic/Shadow in most of the stages.

Mr. Goran... what a shame for you, of course you need to get sub 24 there! I don't accept that the same guy who have 2 TA Sweeps can't get such an easy time :O
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline X-5

« Reply #844 on: November 26, 2009, 08:27:17 pm »
i thought the "=p" would indicate that I am only joking, and that it was just a funny way of encouraging you to go for 23, someday.

i guess not. wow. I guess I ruined a completely great friendship with 1 joke because I was not fully clear. I can't believe what an idiot I am..I understand if you never want to talk to me again :(

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 27, 2009, 03:38:23 am »
Wow, now that's some impressive numbers! Together that's 111 out of 121 time records!

Thanks yoshi, I gotta say PC2 was really hard to get, and now I feel like an idiot because I lost so many good runs trying to get the 20 ring box on the left wall at the end of the hall where I could've just used the rapid pausing trick to make things much easier as seen in some other video. It's just crazy how so many things have to work out perfectly to get a record of a 20-seconds long level!

Though I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised here, if I had had to guess, I would've said that yoshi had 30 records at least!

I don't really have a goal for how many records I want to get or something, but I do know that Crazy Gadget* and Final Rush** are the levels that are within my reach. CE is impossible anyway <_< MH and GF are impossible due to version differences and I'm just not that good at the other ones (though I haven't tried myself at White Jungle yet!).

And don't worry Brian, I'm getting that sub24 in a few days! Not like I'll stop if I'm only a tenth of a second away >_>

*m1 and m3 for sure, if Para/Brian don't give me some competition! Seeing talon beat the m2 record by 2-3 seconds makes me think I could definitely beat the tsc record. Not too sure about m5, but I guess it's not completely out of reach.
**m3 will be hard, but it's possible. For m5, we'll have to wait for the competition, and honestly said, even though I see some small flaws in brian's 39.42 run, I can't see me beating it that's not saying I'm giving up!! >:O

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #846 on: November 28, 2009, 09:08:33 am »
Hey! I've found someone who's selling a GC!!! If everything goes right maybe I can get it this year.

I'm so happy guys!!!
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 28, 2009, 09:13:17 am »
Great times guys :O

How far did you take PC1? Found any new tricks to help out?

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 29, 2009, 03:44:12 pm »
That's really awesome news Brian! I hope everything goes well and you get to play as soon as possible!!

And werey, to my knowledge, Paragod's PC1 1:35 video shows everything known as of now.

Offline X-5

« Reply #849 on: November 29, 2009, 07:04:47 pm »
my 1:35 video shows the main route, but don't forget Brian's shortcut video. it has 2 or 3 seconds worth of time savers over mine. That's why 1:30 or even sub is possible, but I am very inconsistent with the shortcuts plus I am never gonna get a first try door :(

anyway I can't believe you're playing hunting FR, especially M1's.. am I right in saying those times were a first try completion? I doubt you put effort into them since they're boring, and for that they are pretty good!

Offline Rayku

« Reply #850 on: November 29, 2009, 11:45:18 pm »
How on earth do you get the wall glitch in PC1 to work consistently? I just can't do it.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 30, 2009, 02:34:49 am »
Right, I forgot Brian's shorcuts, but I didn't think they could save 3 seconds? o_O And I think when talking about the max of PC1/3/5, you should always consider having a seconds try door skip. As for the door skip itself, it's all about jumping from the right point to the left edge of the door. I got a small vid up so you can see where I jump from. Once you got the position and angle down, it's all about luck.

Well, you know, I don't really hate the hunting missions so I just went into the level with 99 lives and restarted until the pieces were in good locations. Of course I didn't go for the optimal locations as that would take too much time and I'm not that patient. M2s were mostly not that hard, except Dry Lagoon and Meteor Herd (I played Meteor herd over 50 times and never got a meteor to hurt me during the first 5 seconds <_<). M3s were a bit tougher, and I suck at going out of bounds. Took me about 30-150 tries per level. I even found a 3 seconds shortcut for the GC version in MH3, but that's way too inconsistent. I'll be going for the M5s soon, I hope getting times in red won't be too difficult!

Offline X-5

« Reply #852 on: November 30, 2009, 03:00:38 am »
well with a second try door skip, 1:31 can be done with Brian's cuts. They definitely save, at the very least 3 seconds, possibly more with insane perfection. But yeah if somehow someone nails a perfect run, perfect shortcuts and a first try perfect door skip they will touch the goal ring somewhere in the 1:29 zone..will it ever happen? Not by me! 1:32 would most likely be my limit, with second try door and decent Brian cuts. (:p)

yeah rayku, trust me the door is definitely not what I would call consistent. works often enough to get it in a check-free run, but you will have to work hard for that. Just keep jumping into the left corner of the door and eventually you will get a feel for where you need to be, and it becomes more consistent. Maybe someone as skillful as you can learn how to do it nearly every time?

yeah I understand going for just decent pieces for the M1 hunts. I have tried before, but even with only half good pieces I still get sick of it. M2's are much better, but most of them I still do not like for some reason, I just suck I guess.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 30, 2009, 12:37:35 pm »
And since we're talking about incredibly inconsistent/difficult shortcuts, don't forget that you can skip the first door as well. I have even skipped it on my first try a few days ago when I just tried to superbounce up that wall but slipped away. Spindashjumping through that wall even enables you to B+A the left rail. Of course that timing would need to be godly, as you don't see ANYTHING. That could definitely save another 1.5 seconds, so 1:27 is possible! >_>

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 30, 2009, 12:57:12 pm »
The door skip in PC isnt really that hard to do consistently.
When i try i normally get it to work withing 2-5 tries. It actually isn't as hard as people think.

All you have to do is get to the left of the key hole thing (the small platform where the key goes) and spindash jump into the seam where the left of the door and the wall meets.

Holding Up helps aswell. If you see the screen shake when you are doing this, this is a sign you are doing something right. The camera angle can vary when going through the door, but usually you get enough height to be able to home attack the hourglass.

Practice makes perfect!

Edit: I have just seen FR7's last post. The first door skip was something came across shortly after discovering the second door skip (when we didnt know how to consistently do it), but like FR i have been mucking up the superbounce and went through the door. Wouldnt waste your time getting it to work all the time though.

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #855 on: November 30, 2009, 04:29:53 pm »
Pyramid Cave is one of the worst stages for me to TA, but it's one of the best to play for fun :D, the door skip is a little tough in the beginning, but after "some" tries you get used to it.

Hey PoT, I hope so, I have to choose what I'll do: I can get a new PC at January but get the GC later or get the GC now and wait one month to get the PC :/ I think I'll just get the GC now and fuck the PC.

I almost forgot, I have something very good to tell you Final :D, you said you had problems to get hit by the meteor in Meteor Herd mission 2 right? So, the deal is: Whenever you want to TA this mission you need to enter the stage again, 'cause the first meteor always hit the same spot, its just behind you, a little bit for the right side of your starting point, you just need to jump at that spot to the meteor hit you, from there you just need to fly and continue the mission. If you're having problems figuring out the position, just watch one of the Psyknux or Yoshifan's videos. I'm sure this will help you so much, 'cause is a lot better to exit and enter a stage again than keep playing it over and over praying for god help a damned meteor hit you xD

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 30, 2009, 04:50:36 pm »
Yes Brian I would suggest getting a GC first.
PC is definitely a hard stage to TA, but what stage isn't? ;D

And damn Brian, it seems like you know a solution to every single of my problems!! tell me how to get sub2 in final rush!
I figured the meteors aren't falling randomly forever, but I didn't think of a meteor always hitting the same spot only during the first run! Guess I should've noticed that myself.. <_< thanks a lot my friend!! I should easily be able to get a red time knowing that!

Offline Stefan

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #858 on: November 30, 2009, 06:25:58 pm »
I can't say you're lying xD, look at my Hunting M1 stats, they're just ridiculous, but hey! look who's in the 3rd place there :D

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 01, 2009, 06:52:06 am »
Hey, I never said I was any good at the hunting/shooting missions! Well, with some practice I can get most of the hunting misisons in red, but you'll laugh hard when you see my times for the shooting mission because they're so damn bad! >_>

And Cort_Pso took a record from us! >:O

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #860 on: December 01, 2009, 09:48:06 am »
It all comes to pratice bro, never forget this, I'm sure you can get all of them in red easier than you thought :D

Hey! Your new M1 times on the hunting missions made me lose a lot of points xD, now I'm 139 points away from yoshifan D:, not to mention I still need to submit my GC times over my DC ones(GF M1 and MH M3), what will make me lose more points T.T

Yeah, Cort got it, but I'm sure Para can get it back, since he said sub 33 was possible. Hey Para how're you doing? It been a long time since you've talked to me last time, wazzup :D?

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 01, 2009, 10:48:24 am »
Yeah now you're like 130 points away from him, but you'll catch up easily! You're losing around 80+ points with the hunting M1 missions alone! Not too sure about the rest, but I guess you should look for improving stats that give you as many points as possible. I'm not saying it's easy, but remember you're going for the times leadership or SA2!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 01, 2009, 12:06:50 pm »
Btw I browsed through some old topics and saw something interesting! I nominate Brian for the rookie of the year 2009! (He started competing in december 08, so yeah)  =D

Offline Paused

« Reply #863 on: December 01, 2009, 05:47:23 pm »
speaking of CE M4... if I made a near-perfect 440 ring/time run in the range of say.. sub 2:25 or even 2:20, would you enjoy watching it?

So... this still happening?

Because if it was an open question... you have another yes vote.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 02, 2009, 05:36:51 pm »
loltie <_<
Guess I'll leave it for the night but I guess I'm soon going to try again, since you know I'm not satisfied with a tie.

A perfect run could even reach the 40 zone. But getting everything right is quite hard.. almost as hard as PC2!

EDIT 10 seconds later: Ok this somehow looks really cool. Maybe I'll leave it at the tie. Not sure. ;)

Offline X-5

« Reply #865 on: December 04, 2009, 07:36:41 am »
woh..crazy tie!

CG2 is definitely way harder than PC tho by a long shot.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #866 on: December 04, 2009, 10:42:00 am »
Hahaha thx PoT, but I think this will be very hard anyway, every point I get, it's one less for me to get, that's the same deal with Speedruns, the closer you're from the perfection, the harder is to get there :P, and thank you my brother for the "Rookie of the Year" thing, but I haven't seen any of this awards since I came to TSC, so I think this isn't happening anymore : /. But I really hope I'm wrong :D

Hey man! This tie is unbelievable, I think it's better for you, to leave this as a tie, it's so awesome when we look at the chart and see a tie in the times section :D

Offline Cort

« Reply #867 on: December 04, 2009, 10:56:17 am »
woh..crazy tie!
Wow, PoT, you are really amazing, never thought you would make a tie with someone in SA2B, especially with DarkspinesSonic ... no doubt when I saw this time was no action ... really have to admit that you are overcoming the SA2B ... my congratulations to you!

ahhh I agree with Paragod >>>>  CRAZY TIE

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 05, 2009, 06:26:36 am »
Wow, I didn't think you'd think of this as such a crazy tie! Thanks guys! =)

I agree that it looks quite cool to see a [2 players] in the times section than just a name. Anyway brian, http://www.soniccenter.org/forum/index.php?topic=1953.0, this is what I meant. Funny, because Paragod won that year xD

Offline X-5

« Reply #869 on: December 05, 2009, 07:46:17 am »
you have every right to laugh about that, I have no idea why I won but yeah it was a joke and definitely something to laugh about.. heck back when that was going on my best times were like CE 1:39 and maybe green hill 25 or something..nothing else I had was really notable so I basically won cause of CE alone. I guess people really liked what I did to the level.

and I agree, Brian is definitely the newcomer of the year. Skill,Strategies, he has it all and there's no doubt he is one of the best things to happen to SA2 in a long time.

I also agree ties are cool, which is half of the reason I would round up my times if I barely beat someone, til I was told not to do so of course.

Print

Hits: 409 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.22 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.