don't click here

How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?

Print

Author Topic: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?  (Read 679457 times)

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Re: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?
« Reply #780 on: November 10, 2009, 04:31:40 pm »
It goes like:

23.25 - Hey Brian! Let's hold the record together! I'm about to beat you by 00:00:01 lol 2nd time attack sweep!!!
23.24 - Win.
23.14 - AWESOMENESS
-> I can see JUST see 22 being possible. Maybe I'll get it? I'll spend the whole day tomorrow playing SR2 and filming. I'll see if I can get something good on tape. ;)

9 records now, btw ^_^

37/41

EDIT: Found a way in Pyramid Cave where you can backtrack from the goal ring to the starting point (new?). This will most likely increase the max ring amount to 457 because the last checkpoint becomes available: 417 + 10 + 10 + 20 = 457
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 05:35:55 am by finalrush7_ »

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • win10 chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #781 on: November 11, 2009, 10:24:43 am »
http://www.soniccenter.org/forum/index.php?topic=3769.msg49823#msg49823

I already said that man, don't you remember o.O? You don't even need to go to the end of the stage to do that, you can easily get back from the door behind the last check.

Hey! You got another sweep man! This is great! Even if 2 of the records were mine D:
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 11, 2009, 01:15:57 pm »
Oh, damn. It's not like I wanted to steal it from you or something, I was just watching a ring run today and that came to my mind. I'm sorry.
But yeah, I'm going to try out if 457 is possible. I'm actually sure it is, but judging from Parax' video, the backtracking seems really hard. Maybe I'll even make a partial video about it. Who knows. With the new cam I'm getting plus the new PC and the much better internet connection along with the better editing program I'm going to download making vids should be much easier for me!

Yeah, a sweep in Sky Rail, who would have thought..? I'm going to try and get something decent (better than yoshi's vid at least) on cam while playing Sky Rail 2. If I can get something recorded quickly, I might even switch to make a SR3 video, but I really hate that mission. >_> We'll see..

EDIT: Got a nice 23.15 on tape. I'll see if I can get an even better time recorded!
EDIT 2: One try later, I get another 23.15 >_>
EDIT 3: 23.04! New record! On tape!
EDIT 4: THIS IS IT! A PERFECT RUN! SR2 22.64! That's what I've been waiting for! And you will be seeing it, too! Phew... I guess there was a bit of room for improvement after all.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:44:34 pm by finalrush7_ »

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #783 on: November 11, 2009, 04:09:28 pm »
No no, I wasn't saying you've stolen it, never, I just pointed out that I already had noticed that, but I thought no one was up for doing it since no one replied to that :/

OMFG!!! I'll never try to take this record back, you surely is the real SA2B master, not me as Para has said some time ago, our new ranking is like this now:

1-Paragod
2(since we can't put 1.5)-PoT
3-Me

Your new times make my records look ridiculous, I'm sure you can get all of them now, at least I'll always be one of the top 3 hahahahahahahaha
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 11, 2009, 04:15:51 pm »
I think I should reread the whole topic again because this isn't the first post I've apparently missed.. I'll sure be up for that to see if it's possible.

Ah, I think you're going a little bit too far there. Sure, I've got some really good records lately, but it's still limited to certain levels, whereas your potential in all levels and Para's determination completely overwhelm me.

I'd say you and Para are tied for first and I'm in the third place, but I guess I got a step closer to you guys =D

Offline X-5

« Reply #785 on: November 13, 2009, 07:05:32 pm »
hey everybody

sorry for such an abrupt disappearance, there's some hurricanes going on around here and my power died and I am just now able to get on. when you live far from the city like me, you're the last priority and it takes forever to get it back. But I am alive! No damage!

FR7, holy shiiiiit man! FC2 27.6!!!!!!!!!!! you blew the hell out of that level! PK *HAS* to be challenged big time by that one. Crazy. Near perfection?

SR sweep, M2 and M3 records sound like perfection to me. You said you got one or two or them taped! Awesome! You ARE the FR, SR, FC *****MASTA******** beyond anybody's skill. Forever! SR5 sounds really crazy too.. DO YOU HAVE PROOF? :P i know that's getting old, I will never use it again

Looks like superstar almost beat my GH record too...I checked the new video, his route is definitely a little bit faster. Too bad I really suck at it :( it will be tough to get the record back once taken, and of course 23.

And did anybody see rayku's new RH3 time? it's insanity, I figured perfection would be 59.70...he got damn close! wonder what perfection really is.. 59.5? insane.....too bad he doesn't have a video, but I trust him. He's been around for way longer than me, he's one of the original sa2 kings!

1-Paragod
2(since we can't put 1.5)-PoT
3-Me

NO NO NO NO NO

1. Brian
2. FR7
2. Paragod

yes, we're tied now. get a sweep or two more and I am a definite third. :P

AWESOME SHIT RIGHT THERE!!!! 44.1 would be max, but is anyone THAT crazy?

if it was a level I liked as much as CE, yes. I am that crazy. I could do it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 07:16:41 pm by Paragod »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 13, 2009, 07:33:35 pm »
First to the most important answer: I got the record 22.64 for SR2 on tape. Plus the (second best time) 44.94 for SR5 (at least it's sub45, plus the only mistake I did is very clear and not too hard to avoid).

Sucks to hear that you have the worst weather conditions atm, but at least that's over now! Good thing you survived >_>
No, actually 27.69 should be improvable by about half a second.

You ARE the FR, SR, FC *****MASTA*******
^__^    ;)

Yeah superstar is really near there, you should try to get back into the level soon if you want to defend the record! Not much to say to RH3 though.

1. Brian
2. FR7
2. Paragod
No matter how you turn it, I'm definitely in third. =D

Offline X-5

« Reply #787 on: November 14, 2009, 10:11:24 pm »
well you sure are on late..having a weekend blast party or something? waaaaay past your bed time young FR7!

SR2 isn't super interesting for me but I would watch it whenever you get it up. look at my SR3 time, it sucks... I could have 22 or 21 but I always mess up at the end trying to get to the chao platform...if only shadow had a bounce ball. my SR2 sucks too but that was with a old route and I didn't play much, I could probably do 24 pretty easy.

so sub 27 is almost possible huh? wow... even PK only sees 27.5, so you must have some great cuts over him finally. super coooooool!

And to think that if he never played it the level would likely still be at 31...(maybe 30?) competition rules... we should thank him for helping take FC2 to insanity, and CE2 from a sucky 33.95 to a perfect 32.95.

Not much to say about RH3?  I wonder why..that time is incredible. It's probably about as perfect as sub 1:06.5 on CE3 would be, maybe close to sub 1:06? not sure....even with my best checkpoint splits, I thought 59.69 was perfection (as in no one would even get close) but he got damn close..maybe the pulley is slower at the beginning? or he's just insane. I actually sent him a personal congratulations last night because the time is so good.

ya'll just don't stop over-crediting me.. I can't believe Brian thinks he's third... he's not even close to second. how in the world can someone who is 6th in the game overall and ranked SECOND overall in the times division be worse than someone like me who is only good at one type of level? come on Brian.. you're #1 by far at the moment. don't be silly!

Offline Cort

« Reply #788 on: November 14, 2009, 10:25:05 pm »

ya'll just don't stop over-crediting me.. I can't believe Brian thinks he's third... he's not even close to second. how in the world can someone who is 6th in the game overall and ranked SECOND overall in the times division be worse than someone like me who is only good at one type of level? come on Brian.. you're #1 by far at the moment. don't be silly!

Congratulations man, you're a guy who always encourages people to them can overcome the limits! no doubt, you're amazing

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #789 on: November 15, 2009, 12:24:27 am »
I've finally been able to play, it's almost 3:15 AM here and I can say that I'm really done for now, maybe tomorrow I'll try to sub 1:29 again, 'cause the stupid game simply doesn't want to give me a great run, I got a 1:29:00(Taped) but no sub 1:29, BTW I have a new record for the set of springs: 39:80! I have it taped too if you guys want to see it :D

I don't count my abilities in other stages, I just count my Sonic/Shadow ability, maybe we'll never come to a deal about this xD, but I'll make a list of things that make me think this way, then I'll show you guys why I'm the 3rd.

Offline X-5

« Reply #790 on: November 15, 2009, 02:43:30 am »
my god Brian 39 at the springs is incredible... you must make a video!!! I want to see these shortcuts! it's the only way I can get the M3 record! 1:29 M1 on GC is crazy too.. I kinda wondered if 1:28 was possible without a crazy shortcut back when you submitted 1:28, sure enough it is!

I can't believe I cannot figure them out my self :/ I promise you I have searched high and low, but nothing..

Brian = #1

don't argue the facts man :P why do you want to be third so bad anyway? it seems like you would proudly accept the #1 spot..

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 15, 2009, 07:47:05 am »
SR2 isn't much different from yoshi's 23.29 video. I haven't watched his video again and compared them, but the differences are surely the minor optimizations. I don't like SR3 at all. It's not much about skill but more about luck. SR5's 44.4 is quite crazy, probably almost as crazy as my M1 run. Too bad I didn't tape the 44.4, but I got a 44.94 on tape and the two runs are completely identical save for one mistake, and that's a quite obvious one (I missed the mega jump). I almost finished setting up my new PC so if all goes well I might upload them even today!
I've always sucked at RH so your mission 3 run looked perfect to me. I don't see where time could be saved anymore, so my comments would be quite useless. <_<

And I don't know why Brian insists to be third either..? I'm curious to read that list of why he deserves to be third though. I actually got a nice solution to this, but more about that later..

Congratulations man, you're a guy who always encourages people to them can overcome the limits! no doubt, you're amazing
Yeah, I've said that to him, too! xD

Can't wait for the vid of GF! It doesn't matter if it's not sub1:29, because what's the difference between 1:29:00 and 1:28.90? Nothing, so just upload it for us to enjoy a crazy run!! ;)

Offline Cort

« Reply #792 on: November 15, 2009, 12:46:09 pm »

And I don't know why Brian insists to be third either..? I'm curious to read that list of why he deserves to be third though. I actually got a nice solution to this, but more about that later..

I also keep wondering: Why Brian wants the third place? I never had the idea to ask him that question.

Can't wait for the vid of GF! It doesn't matter if it's not sub1:29, because what's the difference between 1:29:00 and 1:28.90? Nothing, so just upload it for us to enjoy a crazy run!! ;)

I agree with you PoT

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 15, 2009, 01:33:27 pm »
Vids are on their way, 10 more minutes!

Offline X-5

« Reply #794 on: November 15, 2009, 01:35:46 pm »

I agree with you PoT

in this particular case, I also agree. they'd both be insane!

I've always sucked at RH so your mission 3 run looked perfect to me. I don't see where time could be saved anymore, so my comments would be quite useless. <_<

oh I get it now, you're saying you don't have much experience with this level so you have no idea how good his time really is.

I wanna see this too..Brian is currently the best!

Remember:

I've been here 3 times longer
He's the one coming up with insane new routes and strategies
He's good all-around

those are among the main reasons why he's the best......cmon Brian just admit you're #1..funny huh? most people would be thrilled about people saying they're the best, Brian wants to argue it though... Brian is definitely a funny guy huh? :P

videos in 10 minutes.....yeahhhhh!!!!!!! SR52!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: November 15, 2009, 01:52:20 pm »
Sky Rail 5 - 0:44.94 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhfk80GgmOg

Sky Rail 2 - 0:22.64 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw2z97ePz6I

No idea why the quality of one is a bit worse than the quality of the other one. I can't figure this new tool out, I need to find a good torrent for Adobe Premiere Pro.. >_>

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #796 on: November 15, 2009, 03:06:15 pm »
Both are amazing! Especially the mission 2 one. I doubt anyone other than you can ever beat that 8)

And since you guys are talking so much about the fact that I want to be the 3rd, I'll show you why I'm not the first:

First of all, I'm not talking about my skills as Knuckles/Rouge and Tails/Eggman, I'm only talking about my Sonic/Shadow skill.

1- My spindash SUCKS! I really suck at this simple thing, as you guys can see if you compare my RH and MH videos to anyone else, my spindashes are slower than almost all the others especially when compared to you guys, look at my last 2 spindashes in GH, or how many spindashes I can do after the second light dash in MH, I always do 1 less than everyone else 'cause my stupid fingers don't push the button fast enough to charge another spindash before I lose some speed.

2- My B+A sucks too, I don't have videos to show you that, but almost all of them are a big problem to me, 'cause I need to wait longer to do it or else I'll touch the floor before doing the HA, see Para's Crazy Gadget video, his B+A after the last superbounce was done VERY CLOSE to the floor, just watch his video in slow motion.

3- My skill as a Sonic/Shadow player is not as great as you guys think, the only thing I can do well in this game is find new strategies, most of my records were done with a new strategy or just an optimization of the current one, and I don't call this skill, it's totally different of you guys, who can push any stage hard to the limit.

Remember, I'm talking about my Sonic/Shadow skill, not my overall skill.

Offline X-5

« Reply #797 on: November 15, 2009, 03:32:09 pm »
Those are some fair points, but guess what?

When I first started, I sucked so much at B+A I couldn't even do it on the first staircase on CE without hitting the ground first. But look at me now, I can do them almost instantly like you said. That's just skill gained over several years of playing! Same thing for spindashes, I didn't start out that good.

Also, maybe if you use the B and A buttons the same way I do, you will be just as fast. I am assuming you use the middle or tip of your thumb, and if you do I can see why you are so slow- I am slow that way too. I use the first joint on my thumb to push the buttons (right on the line there) and I noticed you can B+A and spindash much much faster, easier and more accurately! I've been doing this for years. Of course everybody's fingers are different so it may or may not help, but I would give it a shot. Hopefully you understand what I am talking about

Still takes practice of course, but try it if you don't already do so. You may find my speed very easy then!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 15, 2009, 03:36:09 pm »
Thanks Brian!

My spindash SUCKS! I really suck at this simple thing, as you guys can see if you compare my RH and MH videos to anyone else, my spindashes are slower than almost all the others especially when compared to you guys, look at my last 2 spindashes in GH, or how many spindashes I can do after the second light dash in MH, I always do 1 less than everyone else 'cause my stupid fingers don't push the button fast enough to charge another spindash before I lose some speed.
Not too much to say here to be honest. I'm sure you've done a lot of speedruns already, so you have the practice. But it's all useless if your fingers just can't keep up. Though doing more than one spindash in a row is not used THAT often, so you're a bit lucky there ^_^

2- My B+A sucks too, I don't have videos to show you that, but almost all of them are a big problem to me, 'cause I need to wait longer to do it or else I'll touch the floor before doing the HA, see Para's Crazy Gadget video, his B+A after the last superbounce was done VERY CLOSE to the floor, just watch his video in slow motion.
What I said before counts pretty much here though, but looking at your 1:4x in CG3, you did the B+A quite fast. Coincidence, or are you underestimating yourself? =D

3- My skill as a Sonic/Shadow player is not as great as you guys think, the only thing I can do well in this game is find new strategies, most of my records were done with a new strategy or just an optimization of the current one, and I don't call this skill, it's totally different of you guys, who can push any stage hard to the limit.
OBJECTION! You should make yourself clear that finding a completely new strat for more than 20% of the level is almost impossible in this time. This game's been out for over 8 years, people here have been competing in it for over 6 years. The best route is usually well-known, but what makes true skill is optimizing that and maybe you'll find a shortcut or two yourself. And seeing as you've already found so many shortcuts, I just cannot believe you think you deserve only the third place! And it's not like I found any major timesaver so far..

But I do see what you mean when you exclude the shooting/hunting missions, as this competition we have is pretty much all about Sonic/Shadow..!
!
Also: What Para said ^^

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #799 on: November 15, 2009, 07:04:39 pm »
Thanks so much for cheering me up guys, your tips will surely make difference in the way I play, except the spindash thing, 'cause I really think my fingers suck hard xD

What I said before counts pretty much here though, but looking at your 1:4x in CG3, you did the B+A quite fast. Coincidence, or are you underestimating yourself? =D
No no that's different, there I did the B+A fast but what I'm saying is the time it takes to hit the B button then the A button got it? Anyway I'll try out what Para said, or else I'll need to switch to X+A(Which is what I do in my MH M3 run after the 2nd chain of rings), but that's another deal, and we don't need to talk about this here.

I DID IT!!! The dawn game finally gave me my 1:28! The max should be low 1:27 with insanity, so I'll be surely up for it later 'cause Cort will get the GC tomorrow, I won't put it on youtube, but I'll upload it and put the link here today :D

Edit: It's up, here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?nojlhzz0mwo I've watched the run again and I can say the max is sub 1:27 for sure, there's mistakes all over the video, so I'll only upload something to youtube if it's sub 1:27.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 07:30:00 pm by Brian »

Offline X-5

« Reply #800 on: November 15, 2009, 08:12:43 pm »
holy shit man that run was insane for GC! I love it! Checkfree too! I can't believe I never thought to try bouncing up the spring parts like that, the first one looks really hard.

Looks like you pretty much used gravity control on the loop to save time to get that 50 sec on M3, I had a feeling you may have done that part faster but I could not figure it out myself.

This run is 9999999 times better than that pathetic DC record of mine. and speaking of DC, I guess 1:20 can be done huh? we sure will be able to smash japan's 1:22, I knew it would be possible! 1:26 seems insane, but I guess really that's only 1.70 sec, so maybe it can be done.

I may try later, for a M3 record and a much improved M1 record. With that loop skip you do 32 could probably easily be done on M2 as well, I did my record the old fashion way and it still was not perfect.

Offline Cort

« Reply #801 on: November 15, 2009, 08:36:25 pm »
No no that's different, there I did the B+A fast but what I'm saying is the time it takes to hit the B button then the A button got it? Anyway I'll try out what Para said, or else I'll need to switch to X+A(Which is what I do in my MH M3 run after the 2nd chain of rings), but that's another deal, and we don't need to talk about this here.

a great video, man I DO NOT BELIEVE !!!!! YOU ARE CRAZY GUY! NEVER THOUGHT YOU reach a level THESE! AWESOME! AND ANOTHER THING PLAYING IN DC OR NOT YOU STILL IS # 1 IN FOREST GREEN! NO DOUBT (APOLOGIES TO Paragod THAT HE IS THE OWNER OF RECORD) NO DESCRIPTION FOR THIS VIDEO! GHETTO STYLE

This run is 9999999 times better than that pathetic DC record of mine. and speaking of DC, I guess 1:20 can be done huh? we sure will be able to smash japan's 1:22, I knew it would be possible! 1:26 seems insane, but I guess really that's only 1.70 sec, so maybe it can be done.

Is 1:19 is possible in the DreamCast?

holy shit man that run was insane for GC! I love it! Checkfree too! I can't believe I never thought to try bouncing up the spring parts like that, the first one looks really hard.

I agree with Paragod

And other thing to you Brian

And since you guys are talking so much about the fact that I want to be the 3rd, I'll show you why I'm not the first:

First of all, I'm not talking about my skills as Knuckles/Rouge and Tails/Eggman, I'm only talking about my Sonic/Shadow skill.

1- My spindash SUCKS! I really suck at this simple thing, as you guys can see if you compare my RH and MH videos to anyone else, my spindashes are slower than almost all the others especially when compared to you guys, look at my last 2 spindashes in GH, or how many spindashes I can do after the second light dash in MH, I always do 1 less than everyone else 'cause my stupid fingers don't push the button fast enough to charge another spindash before I lose some speed.

This is a matter of training! you is a guy who can overcome everything! a year ago you only had the record of Green Forest, today you are in 4th place on  Overall and 2nd place  on the Times! MAN, you excelled in Sonic Adventure 2! what's up brother, always believed in you, teach me some things and still says he will always be the 3rd place! Where is the Brian I know! this guy, you have everything to be better for me or you have the 1st place is not even the first of the times or the Overall for me will always be the 1st place in everything! and I bet and always believed in you!

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #802 on: November 15, 2009, 09:24:17 pm »
xD thanks, yeah the first one is harder and the second one was ridiculous, I failed hard at that, but say what, I've thought about that one today :D

Looks like you pretty much used gravity control on the loop to save time to get that 50 sec on M3, I had a feeling you may have done that part faster but I could not figure it out myself.
Yeah, but my mission 3 record is pretty much unoptimized, I think a sub 49 would be a great record, I'll make a video of it too to show you my ending strategy.

You really need to work on a new video of it, now you know these new tricks so you can easily afford a 1:21 there, and I'm pretty sure about sub 1:20 being possible, I've said this before, now it's up to you to max this stage in DC and I'll max it in GC ;)

I may try later, for a M3 record and a much improved M1 record. With that loop skip you do 32 could probably easily be done on M2 as well, I did my record the old fashion way and it still was not perfect.
I really don't want to give it a try, you guys really don't even realise how much difficult is playing on my PC:

1-I have a 0.1 or 0.2 sec delay, which causes a lot of problems in some parts(like CE), but I get used to it pretty well after some plays

2-Sometimes the game simply have some kind of "lag", I'm playing and then the screen freezes for a really short amount of time, but this happens randomly, so this cause some problems to me very often :/

3-This is stupid, but the quality isn't as good as playing on the TV but I can overcome this, it only cause problems when the game lags and I don't catch up fast enough with the game 'cause I don't know where everything exactly is.

Edit: Thanks too Cort, but you don't need to post here, we can talk in real life, just pick up the phone and call me :D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 09:32:27 pm by Brian »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 16, 2009, 02:58:31 am »
Brian, let me first tell you this: HOLY MOTHER****ING WTF SHIT WHAT THE FUCKING HELL WAS THAT???????????? That's not just good or great or amazing or something like that, it's just CRAZY!!!! I mean seriously, just look at all the shortcuts!! They look like they're pretty hard to pull off, but you did it all just so smoothly! I had to watch the run three times in a row to make sure I got that you were doing. Superbouncing up the tree, that was just fabolous! I'm sure some may have thought of that, I but I always thought the height difference would be too big. And the gravity control on the loop! I'm out of words for now... And then he says he should be third..lol >_>

*takes deep breath*

Ok I should calm down. That was just a completely insane run! You need to upload it to youtube to the world can enjoy an excellent run!

EDIT: woohoo, I submitted the 250th video of SA2:B!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 03:32:17 am by finalrush7_ »

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #804 on: November 16, 2009, 07:29:07 am »
LOL thank you very much man, I really want to tape another run, 'cause that one had a lot of mistakes, then I'll upload it to youtube. Yeah it's very hard to pull off everything perfectly on a checkfree run, but I know I can at least reach the 3rd check with a good time every 20 or 30 runs, so from there is just that 2 superbounces(Which are the main reason of my failed attempts xD) and the ending. I liked some parts of that run, but I don't like to put 2 or more videos of the same mission on youtube, but since you guys liked it so much, I think it deserves this.

I would tell you to do it, your videos are amazing, they need to be here for the new people who don't know where to find them.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 16, 2009, 08:07:52 am »
I might have accidentaly found a small timesaver in Green Forest (all missions)! I'm going to try it out today and see if I can get it to work! It might save a few tenths, and it's worth doing since it's at the very beginning of the stage. But as always, I'm not telling you more until I am 100% sure that it works out. ;)

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #806 on: November 16, 2009, 09:05:00 am »
Oh great! Even if it has a low chance of sucess I want to know what it is :D

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 18, 2009, 02:40:13 am »
Bad news, the trick doesn't work at all. Though I may have found something else interesting, but very small.

Right at the start, when you go down the first hollow tree to hit the ramp, release the spindash and try to load another spindash right as you hit the ramp (this gets you into delayed summersault mode). So when you hit the ground and light dashed the 4 rings, you will do the immediate spindash and save 0.2 seconds maybe (?)
This is worth doing since it's not hard to do and isn't going to ruin a good run because it's at the very start.

Offline X-5

« Reply #808 on: November 18, 2009, 02:25:46 pm »
that may be a good idea, cause it seems like it may be faster to do 2 spindashes in the beginning instead of lightdash+spindash.

Brian, I played some GF3 and even with the new gravity control loop bounce I can't even get below 51.50 on M3. My best springs are 40.5 or so I think..how do you get to the chao? you don't have to make a video if you cannot, just an explantion..my ending has to really suck!

The new loop jump is awesome by the way, I love it cause it's not only faster but a fair bit easier than the yoshifan method. I can't do the super bounces up the tree AT ALL though, even after several tries. Pulling both off in a check-free run means you're INSANE!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 18, 2009, 02:30:08 pm »
I can't do the super bounces up the tree AT ALL though, even after several tries.
Really? I found it to be quite easy and got it on the first few tries. My problem is that I usually jump way too high <_<
Did you position yourself in the same spot Brain does in his video?

Print

Hits: 273 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.21 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.