don't click here

How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?

Print

Author Topic: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?  (Read 660257 times)

Offline X-5

Re: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?
« Reply #600 on: October 18, 2009, 05:00:25 pm »
I think I shall do the honors! 601!

yeah sadx is pretty screwed right now..I actually have the emerald coast record and the speed highway record..that's not right! We gotta blame jawzun for this one though, it's his fault the stats are gone..but why in the world would he be so upset about having his stats here??

the picture thing is basically a way to celebrate the 1st year anniversary of our great topic, and our awesome friendship formed within! he is going to make a picture we all use in our signature, showing our best levels: City escape, Green forest, Final rush. This will be really awesome once it's made!

Do you even want to get 1:35, or are you just doing that just to show us how low it could go with check abuse?

I want to sure, but who knows if I will..I tried to get 1:35 with 70 lives just for the fun of it.

BTW, what about your vids? I can't wait to see them >_<

someday man, I will upload a ton of them at once to make up for the wait. Great to see you back by the way..only been 3 days but it sure seemed longer since we're used to you posting every day usually.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 18, 2009, 05:10:57 pm »
only been 3 days but it sure seemed longer since we're used to you posting every day usually.
So true...

but why in the world would he be so upset about having his stats here??
I don't think anyone knows... has anyone tried to contact him? I'm going to send him a PM over youtube, because he might not visit TSC again for all we know.

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline X-5

« Reply #602 on: October 18, 2009, 07:50:59 pm »
I read what you sent. Hopefully he has a good reason cause it's not like him to act that way...maybe he tried sub 1 on EC again and got really upset? :/

main reason for this post.. 1:41 on CG!!!!! you're only a second and a half away, and it's NOT a final level! What is the world coming to? This is definitely the most effort you've put in and is the closest you've ever gotten to a record other than the final levels.

AWESOME man! Do you remember what checks you had? Remember on my 1:39 I had 37,44 and 1:30 which should let you know if you're on par with my run. You sound a little disappointed with the time too.. sub 1:40 is coming?! even 1:40.x would be awesome! For now, second place silver is very nice. Time to throw this out there once again I suppose..

You seem to run very fast and do not stop, do you really think you can challenge me for the platinum top?

;)

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 18, 2009, 08:02:04 pm »
No, it must've been something different? Who'd be THAT upset to get all his stats deleted just because he can't break a barrier? I didn't know Jawzun that good, but still...

YES! 1:41:12!!! I actually hacked the game and renamed the level to Final Gadget to become immediately better! Oh well, I definitely put some hours into this, but the most effort of all non-final levels I put into is still Sky Rail. I hate to say it and I feel very bad, but I might even go for the record in Sky Rail should Jawzun really get all his stats deleted.

Well, I only used ONE CHECK, so I only remember that one :P
It was the first one, and that's why I'm slightly down now, as it was a 0:37:89 check!! I didn't know your exact check, but I figured it should get me to a mid-1:40 at least! I made some small errors in my run but I kept running because I thought restarting at a check would lose me more time. Maybe I was wrong? I don't know exactly.

Sub1:41 is definitely coming, but I'm not sure if I can get sub1:40. It seems out of reach, but hey, a lot of stuff seemed out of reach at first and then became possible later on, so who knows!

You seem to run very fast and do not stop, do you really think you can challenge me for the platinum top?
ALWAYS NICE TO HEAR THIS QUOTE! ;)

Offline X-5

« Reply #604 on: October 18, 2009, 09:43:26 pm »

Oh yeah? I used no checks, but I still glanced down and remembered them all! I don't know the decimals of them of course, but I am fairly sure all my 37 checks were *just barely* 37's, cause I remember if I was even a tenth too slow I'd get a 38. So 37.89 sounds really good, 1:39 potential!!

If only I had recorded the run, I could pause-play it frame-by-frame and tell you exactly what checks I got..oh well, at least you know your skill is record-potential up to the first check!

I know Jawzun pretty well, we have talked since 2006 or maybe 2007, and we had a little bit of back and forth competition on emerald coast until his potential clearly destroyed mine, and I lost that competitive spirit. I've never seen him act upset before,so whatever..maybe you'll get a good reply from him.

Edit : City Escape M3:1:06.80!!

Read the comments, lets just say it was a heck of a nice run, all thanks to Brian's video for helping me figure out the loop trick. I still had trouble at first, but I played for a few minutes tonight and all of a sudden it's working 80% of the time instead of 5%...AWESOME! I got it on tape too, when I upload everything ya'll can see it!

I had to use a check point though :( should I still be happy?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 02:14:23 am by Paragod »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 19, 2009, 03:09:42 am »
WOW!1:06!!! Amazing man!!! WHO DA BEST? DA BEST IS YOU!! But seriously, we all know you're the best CE player ever, so I don't need to tell you that again now, do I?

You should definitely be proud! Using checkpoints is not a sin. And it's awesome to hear that you got a 35.59 check! So now that you have your desired time in CE3, what's coming up next for you? It seems like you easily got 32 on FC2, so maybe you want to improve there?

Well, Jawzun didn't reply to me yet, but his last login (11 hours at the time of this post) was before I sent him the PM. I'm curious as to what's going on.. <_<

Offline X-5

« Reply #606 on: October 19, 2009, 03:50:16 am »
I DA BEST! CE SWEEP 4EVER MAN! hopefully

I guess checks are not the end of the world.. but check free is just so much better...I could probably do another 1:06 someday anyway if I keep up the good first checks.

poor jawzun.... :( something's really wrong......

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 19, 2009, 03:53:50 am »
hopefully
I'm 100% sure.
And instead of playing M3 you should better play M1. The world will hold its breath for a brief second should you ever get 1:35, with or without checks!!

Yeah, I wonder, too, but all we can do is wait for him to reply.

EDIT: He replied, I sent it to you guys over PM. ...What a story.. <_<
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 08:50:27 am by finalrush7_ »

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • win10 chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #608 on: October 19, 2009, 09:06:29 am »
You beat me in CG PoT! That's great :D, but expect competition for the 2nd place(or even for the record if Paragod don't get another 1:36 xD).

I can't wait for the video Paragod, it's an amazing time even if it was done with checks, but who'll blame you for this, an awesome check followed by a trick that don't work sometimes = check abuse

Jawzun's history makes sense to me :/
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 19, 2009, 09:11:19 am »
Thanks Brian! I sure do expect competition, as it is always good!

And yeah, while Jawzun's story makes sense to me too, he still didn't need to get banned.

Offline Cort

« Reply #610 on: October 19, 2009, 09:49:50 am »

Oh yeah? I used no checks, but I still glanced down and remembered them all! I don't know the decimals of them of course, but I am fairly sure all my 37 checks were *just barely* 37's, cause I remember if I was even a tenth too slow I'd get a 38. So 37.89 sounds really good, 1:39 potential!!

If only I had recorded the run, I could pause-play it frame-by-frame and tell you exactly what checks I got..oh well, at least you know your skill is record-potential up to the first check!

I know Jawzun pretty well, we have talked since 2006 or maybe 2007, and we had a little bit of back and forth competition on emerald coast until his potential clearly destroyed mine, and I lost that competitive spirit. I've never seen him act upset before,so whatever..maybe you'll get a good reply from him.

Edit : City Escape M3:1:06.80!!

Read the comments, lets just say it was a heck of a nice run, all thanks to Brian's video for helping me figure out the loop trick. I still had trouble at first, but I played for a few minutes tonight and all of a sudden it's working 80% of the time instead of 5%...AWESOME! I got it on tape too, when I upload everything ya'll can see it!

I had to use a check point though :( should I still be happy?
Dude 1:06:80!!!!    wooooo   that's so amazing !  Dude, you intend to reduce that time to 1:05? I know you can, after all, you are the owner of CE! Be, hope you do more and more in this mission 3!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 19, 2009, 10:04:16 am »
Ahh, I think 1:05 might be just out of reach.... but you never know.

Offline X-5

« Reply #612 on: October 19, 2009, 10:46:21 am »
1:05, I won't say it's impossible. You would need a 34 check, and you would have to be perfect from hopping the fence towards the loop. This is the only part of my run that may be slightly flawed.

But even then, not very likely. 1:35 is worth trying for more! 1:06 is my old prediction of a perfect time, I got it, and I am happy with it.

hmm, jawzun's story is abit odd.. I know they're his stats and all, but they don't need to be deleted to start all over..I mean I wouldn't ban him over it, but deleting his stats seems kinda stupid...if they're too hard to beat and you're not having fun, don't play. I am sure someday he'd having fun beating them.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 10:52:21 am by Paragod »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 19, 2009, 10:51:30 am »
Is a 34 check even possible? And are you actually realizing what you are saying now? Remember a few months ago where no one would even dare to say that your 1:36 time could be improved by much, and now we're taking more than 1.5 seconds off in the first half of the first minute of the run! Duuuuude...

You're right with Jawzun, but in the end, it's his desicion, and he sure didn't need to post BS times to get himself banned just to see his stats gone. They should've kindly accepted his request and taken down his stats. After all, they're HIS stats, and they're not property of TSC once you submit them.

Offline X-5

« Reply #614 on: October 19, 2009, 10:57:55 am »
I don't know. But getting 35.35 without B+A'ing the first rail after the boxes, it may barely be possible. Perfect boarding(harder than it sounds) Perfect first rail Perfect spindash Perfect Spindash to box+perfect bounce rails and final rail = MAYBE 34?!

you're right, he doesn't need to be banned and I am pretty sure the times belong to him, but I would not delete upon request just because "I want to start over" that's senseless, and messes up the rankings. If he wants to start over, may as well make a new account or something and think something like: Man, I wonder if I can take the great Jawzun's championship!!

speaking of CESWEEP4EVER, I am shocked nobody has taken my M2 record yet, it's OVER 3 years old just like FC2! there may be some improvement somewhere, or maybe it's that good...or maybe almost nobody has DC or something.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: October 19, 2009, 11:05:44 am »
MAYBE 34!? = Maybe we're all just a little crazy! But maybe being crazy is a good thing?`

I'd love to try and go for a good rank (I can't and won't and wouldn't take your record), but unfortunately I only have a GC... (watch out for PsyKnux) <_<

Offline X-5

« Reply #616 on: October 19, 2009, 11:17:47 am »
For competition's sake, you pretty much have to be crazy to set a perfect time.

I will be very wary of PK, look what he did to your sweep..he could very well do the same for CE. Looking on the fortunate side, M2 of CE is WAAAAAAY easier than FC2 could ever be so I am luckier than you :P

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 19, 2009, 11:21:58 am »
Well, just look at FR1 and CE1 to see the definition of crazyness!

Yes, yes, I still haven't restored my sweep. Arrgh, I'm starting to worry. I know I can do it, but after over 400 attemps and not a single one looking promising.... though I'm not giving up! Remember the determined newcomer? Yeah, I'm not newcomer anymore, but my determination hasn't decreased at all!
And now I'm off on my way home to see if I can manage to play an hour or so today..!

EDIT: Godamn ***ç*&&/*&%ç"/ç/%//ç%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear this stupid level just doesn't fucking wanna give me the record! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 02:04:57 pm by finalrush7_ »

Offline X-5

« Reply #618 on: October 19, 2009, 02:28:45 pm »
argh..29.89, you must feel ripped off big time :(

Yeah, I'm not newcomer anymore, but my determination hasn't decreased at all!

Very good to hear young master, if you ever lose that determination, you'll never beat the record holders!

EDIT: Godamn ***ç*&&/*&%ç"/ç/%//ç%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear this stupid level just doesn't fucking wanna give me the record! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow..you sound as upset as I was last night thanks to radical highway's BS. This might sound stupid, but I guess you aren't enjoying the level like you were before? :(

also, we have too much free time to talk..Brian is constantly getting overwhelmed with 20 posts :P

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 19, 2009, 02:43:58 pm »
Yes I'm very pissed and I can't remember the last time I was so damn pissed!!!!!
Damn game! Either give me the record or make my runs end at the first tube, but don't have the 10% (out of 250+ runs) potential record-breaking runs that could give me a 29.6 even go wrong at the very last second!

Either show me that it is not my day, or give me the record! The game is actually playing with me!! *expression of anger*

Offline X-5

« Reply #620 on: October 19, 2009, 03:08:37 pm »
I can see the future..and this is what I see!

:P

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #621 on: October 19, 2009, 03:27:58 pm »
How are you seeing the future if you're using the Past skin?

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 19, 2009, 03:36:31 pm »
Be quiet, SM, it's the thought that counts! <_<

Offline X-5

« Reply #623 on: October 19, 2009, 03:52:21 pm »
well, I thought this was the default skin since it's the one that has always been there..but whatever it is, past or not, I like it and it has nothing to do with my ability to see the future! FR7 will have the record, and by then there may even be 132 players for the level making my picture completely accurate! cept for the date........

:P

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 19, 2009, 04:03:20 pm »
Beep, beep!!!! We made a new record in this topic, this is the 27th reply within 24 hours!!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 20, 2009, 12:33:22 pm »
Alright, my nervousness just lost me a potential 29.5/29.6

Way to go, Goran.. you idiot <_<!!

Oh well, I'm doing better than yesterday already..

EDIT: Lost a 29.3 run! .3!!!!!!

EDIT: The record is mine for now with a 0:29.77 !!!!!!!!!! Well, it's not SUCH an awesome time like I could have gotten before, but still!!

I'm not done playing though. I can't afford losing the record now(or in a few months) and then having to regain the skill and adapt to the level again. I need at least a 29.6!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 01:12:50 pm by finalrush7_ »

Offline X-5

« Reply #626 on: October 20, 2009, 02:33:18 pm »
yea way to go goran you idiot blowing a 29.3..how could you!

jus kidding....you're very smart to max the level out while you have the most practice in!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 20, 2009, 02:41:50 pm »
It wasn't my fault! Sonic didn't light dash the very last chain of rings, instead he just hit the ground and did a summersault. What a disappointment, there's nothing you can do wrong after light dashing the last chain of rings, you only have to fall down. <_<!

Offline X-5

« Reply #628 on: October 20, 2009, 04:00:19 pm »
38 posts already.. such a shame he can't post here or we would take the #1 spot within a week or two :P he likes to talk more than we do!

edit: oh my god.. 29.40?!?! looks like you're going to have to nail the 29.3 now man! he says he found some time savers..I should help you look for some too..

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 20, 2009, 04:10:10 pm »
Wow.. damn it! 29.4 <_< And screw that 29.4, I should think of it as a 29.2 which he said shouldn't be too difficult for him.

Again, I'm not holding the record for even a day... only for 165 minutes <_<
Guess I'll be having to incorporate my "works-1-out-of-100-tries"-trick (yes, I actually still got something up in my sleeve!) in an exceptional run to get a time that has the chance to beat his. Although with a perfect run, it could even give me a very high 28. Still, I never thought I'd have to use that trick.
But damn it, that'll take who knows how many tries to get it. That's more luck than anything.. I need another time saver!!!! One that is easier to pull off!!

EDIT: Yeah, hate to say it, Para, but you're really gonna need to help me find something in FC2..! >__>
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 04:20:01 pm by finalrush7_ »

Print

Hits: 246 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.18 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.