don't click here

How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?

Print

Author Topic: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?  (Read 682350 times)

Online Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • win10 chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
Re: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?
« Reply #360 on: September 14, 2009, 09:38:24 pm »
That was just awesome! But I think, I'll never be able to do that in my first try xD

Edit: Man! Paragod is very fast :D
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 15, 2009, 04:00:22 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU8dB77iIR0

Uploaded it myself now. Awesomeness right there guys, we are once again taking a level to the next level (lol, pun <_<)

It's getting easier and easier to do for me, and if it wasn't for Paragod, I'd have all the records by the end of the week probably :D
Oh well, he deserves it much more than I do anyway, seeing as he was 15 seconds faster to begin with.
I timed it and it comes out this checkpoint saves pretty much 20 seconds of time!

Oh and I noticed I didn't answer two of Para's questions, so:
how good of a job are you getting?
A really awesome job I can assure you. For someone at my age, the salary is very high, though I do have to work 8.4 hours a day, which is really tiring at the end.
are you done with school for good or do you still have a year or two to go?
For now, I'm done. But I might go study something like marketing or PR management next year, you never know.

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 15, 2009, 01:21:24 pm »
Wow. I see paragod has got a nice new time :o

It should be able to go a lil lower i should hope.

Great Job.

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline Cort

« Reply #363 on: September 15, 2009, 03:00:42 pm »
finally my first record in SA2B! hehehe can be beaten! but it will be a great contest!

I spent over 2 hours to get that record! good for what I remember my, I have spent more than 400 lives! Started it was 2:30am until 4:20am! when it was around 4:35am, I was able to dominate the stage and finally make that time! well, I'm happy about that, but I believe that this can be beaten.

Offline Cort

« Reply #364 on: September 15, 2009, 06:35:22 pm »
a news report about this new "GLITCH"! everyone who watched the video, saw that the glitch is done in the "left side"! well I tried to do the "right side" and did it! good is hard to do the "right side", but when it could run it becomes a little easier! I tried and succeeded, but I recommend everyone reading this to do the "left side"!"the right side" does not guarantee 100%! however, who could run it the "RIGHT SIDE" PLEASE POST

EDIT: i'll try do a video about this! :D

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 16, 2009, 10:44:16 am »
Thats exactly what i did the first time i ever did it. Also i seem to find the left side is way easier because of the camera angle being ok. Nice found though :)

Offline X-5

« Reply #366 on: September 16, 2009, 03:48:58 pm »
Oh and I noticed I didn't answer two of Para's questions, so:
how good of a job are you getting?
A really awesome job I can assure you. For someone at my age, the salary is very high, though I do have to work 8.4 hours a day, which is really tiring at the end.
are you done with school for good or do you still have a year or two to go?
For now, I'm done. But I might go study something like marketing or PR management next year, you never know.

wow, sounds really awesome man. I am very happy for you!  The 8 hours is a lot but still worth it, you can buy lots of cool stuff if you earn a lot! And you can retire faster!

I hope it you can continue to earn a great amount with a fun job, around here no matter how smart you are odds are you still won't get one cause almost nobody can afford to hire.

About Pyramid Cave, Werey, you want lower huh??? Just wait til I get the door to work on the first try... I'll have 1:35 or better! Is that crazy enough? :P

I'll try doing the trick to the right, but odds are the ghost and camera will be an issue.

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 16, 2009, 03:55:54 pm »
well i mainly get through every 3rd try now and some runs like 20 lol. 1:35 would be a really awesome time. I find the left is the best because the camera sometimes follows sonic so you can hit the timer easier.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 16, 2009, 04:45:40 pm »
Lol Para, your quote got messed up <_<

Well I'm not getting enough to even THINK about retiring, but it's coll that there's no homework or studying anymore, so wheneven I'm still fit after work, I can spend time on SA2:B.

I can also highly recommend going through the left side. When going through:

hold A for having a long jump length and time, and as soon as the camera starts to move, you can hit A again as the camera moving is a sign that you are very near the sand clock (or whatever it's called in English <_<).
Then, after you've hit the clock, the ghosts should be pretty near you, so try to land on the right side and do a quick homing attack to ensure you have enough time to load a decent spindash, and you're back on your path. ^_^

At least that's what I do, you may have a better routine, but I know that mine works quite well for me!

And Para, you'd really need a first try SKD (Skip Key Door - abbreviations ftw) to get a time as crazy as 1:35 :D

Offline Cort

« Reply #369 on: September 16, 2009, 05:08:16 pm »
News about the glitch!

is possible to pass the first key before the line! but do not recommend that anyone do that! is very complicated! so I could run it 2 times (and was lucky it)  I were made in hard mode! Well, I could not get a camera you can show this as I do the glitch, but as soon as I can I'll do a video and upload to YouTube! thanks TSCers

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 16, 2009, 05:11:56 pm »
Cort do you mean you went through the first key door like the second? I have done that multiple timees. all by accident whilst trying to super bounce. is this what you mean?

Offline Cort

« Reply #371 on: September 16, 2009, 05:23:45 pm »
Cort do you mean you went through the first key door like the second? I have done that multiple timees. all by accident whilst trying to super bounce. is this what you mean?

yeah! I got to do the glitch in the first key before the rail! but it was by accident! in my opinion I think it is possible to do ese glitch that first door too. is not 100% guaranteed, but does not hurt to try

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 16, 2009, 05:42:17 pm »
If you can do the SKD1 (1 = first door <_<) on the first try then that would save another 2-3 seconds, wouldn't it!?

PEOPLE, WE ARE BREAKING PYRAMID CAVE, DO YOU KNOW THAT?

COOKIES FOR EVERYONE!!

Offline X-5

« Reply #373 on: September 16, 2009, 08:28:12 pm »
Anybody that considers skipping the first door is just crazy! It wouldn't save too much time, probably 2 or 3 seconds. Plus I am not sure if you'd be able to hit the checkpoint or not, meaning you'd have to do that skip first try to save time, then do the second skip on your first try too. Personally I am just going to aim for doing the second door first try.

Plus who knows how the camera would react, you may have a hard time hitting the rail since you can't see if the camera decides to act stupid

anyway, my new time is..decent I guess, but this a shame for it to be the record

I am getting REALLY good at skipping the door, Usually I can get it within 5 attempts every time, I bet if I played for an hour more I'd nail a first try skip, but I am sick of jumping into it tonight so I will probably get it tomorrow!

Left door definitely is the best, right is useless with the camera.

edit: 1:38 now.. Second try, lost about 4 seconds probably.  I will definitely do it first try tomorrow! I can get through with about a 25% success rate now which is ridiculously high!

Even though it was second try on the door... I did not restart at any checkpoints! Nailed a nice clean ending too.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 10:18:45 pm by Paragod »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 17, 2009, 03:15:10 am »
Why would it be crazy? 2 seconds of saved time is definitely a lot!
In a run where checks are used, one could easily go through the first door and hit the check, even if he has to backtrack a slight bit. It still saves time as you can spindash jump bounce on the rail right after being respawned again.

How the hell can you do that every 5th time now? I decided I should practice a bit yesterday and I first nailed the trick after 17 minutes!!!
Oh well, good luck in getting an awesome run with a first try SKD!

Offline X-5

« Reply #375 on: September 17, 2009, 08:35:26 am »
I am just starting to learn exactly how you must do it, lining it up properly and nailing it :P

Seriously, I can pretty much get through the door within 4 tries 90% of the time..which is awesome!

Skipping the first door is crazy cause well..it only saves a few seconds and it would be really hard to do both(assuming the first is just as hard)but I guess once we get runs going with a perfect second door the first may be considered.

I am going to get through the door first try today.. I can feel it! maybe I will be able to make a video if I get a cool no-checks run as well.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 17, 2009, 09:19:20 am »
Awesome

and never forget: "PARAGOD NEVER STOPS!!"

Offline X-5

« Reply #377 on: September 17, 2009, 09:46:36 am »
Haha, yeah :P as long as I feel something is within my reach I can get it, no matter how much time or effort it takes.

by the way how come you haven't managed a sub 1:50 time yet? or even sub 2? you said you were going to at least beat my 1:52 with the trick a few days back.

I hope I did not kill your desire to play by getting sub 1:40 already..

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 17, 2009, 10:26:38 am »
No way, you getting awesome times never distracted me, it's just that the last few days have been really tiring, so even if I get some time to play, there's no concentration behind it.

sub1:50 is definitely coming from me, I know I can do much better than a sloppy 2:07 without the trick anyway!

And in the half of an hour I played it yesterday, I couldn't nail the trick even if my life depended on it!!!

I can't wait to see to get a nice video up!

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 17, 2009, 11:00:24 am »
The first door is really not worth trying to get through. The camera followed me and i landed on the rail first time but the other times the camera went mad. I dont recommend this. Also PoT i dont see why you have so much trouble getting through :( i nail it every 5ish trys now, my best is 3 but it seems really easy now. Good luck on a epic time Paragod ^_^

Offline X-5

« Reply #380 on: September 17, 2009, 12:02:13 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement Werey, and of course Mr. Final. I will not let you guys down!

That is what I was thinking about the first door, just too hard to be worth the little gain. But again who knows we'll probably end up skipping that too when the second is perfected.

I got everything hooked up and ready to record, so I will be playing for an hour or two very soon to get something great!

Offline X-5

« Reply #381 on: September 17, 2009, 12:41:55 pm »
1:36 so far after 25 minutes. Fairly clean run no checkpoints used with 1 mistake, and second try on the door which perhaps cost up to 2 seconds maximum. If I don't get anything better I may upload this for the time being if anybody wants to see it.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 17, 2009, 12:43:50 pm »
Just upload whatever comes out best when you're finished for the day.
And it'd be pretty cool if you could upload something within the next two hours though, so I can see it before going off.

Good luck!

EDIT: Just played some FR3, I can see 1:43 happening there for sure! Yes! I promise you, (and no, not REVENGE) this will be the weekend of me getting the FR3 record. And I'll get a much better time on PC1 at least.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 01:08:19 pm by PoT »

Offline X-5

« Reply #383 on: September 18, 2009, 09:39:04 am »
I don't know why it just won't go through on the first try...with a 25% success rate in theory I should be doing it every 1 in 4 runs, but after about 100 tries I never got through the first try, I did get through on the second several times though :/

Even though 1:36 is pretty good.. I am not satisfied and I am sure ya'll are not either! I am going to say 1:34 is possible for me, with perhaps 1:32-1:33 being possibilities as well, but those are definitely beyond my skill.

About skipping the first door again, I am starting to think you'd lose time, because really it only takes about 2 seconds to grab the key and throw it. you'd spend probably about that much time lining up for the side of the door(since the key platform is in the way) and then you'd be dealing with more luck and the camera...I just don't think it is going to happen.

btw FR, I just watched frame-by-frame how I did my door skip in the 1:36 run, hopefully it will help you understand how to do it exactly, there is no reason you can't have a 20-25% success rate like us.

Ok, using the floor pattern to determine how far away you should be, I started the spindash on the top line of the fifth brick, so you should be 4 whole bricks away from the door. Horizontally, I was half a brick away from the key platform, right on that line as well. I charged a fairly strong spindash, and I made the jump when I was exactly 1 and a half bricks from hitting the door. I was lined up right with the whole left grey border of the door and sonic went right through.

maybe this will help me and everybody else too, cause this is the first time I watched it in slowmotion to fully understand every detail.

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 18, 2009, 10:59:52 am »
Interesting paragod.. GO FOR 1:32!

as for where i stand when spindashing.. I found getting too close so you have only a little amount of time to hump is not good. As in getting just infront of the key table things. Im normally in the middle of it. Sometimes when i fail a try it goes too fart to the elft so i dont have a chance of getting through. You need to be more or less right in the middle of the edge and the door to get through.

Offline X-5

« Reply #385 on: September 18, 2009, 11:42:03 am »
1:32 is crazy man, but possibly 1:33 if the door ever decides to work out.

down to 1:35 now.. great improvement considering it was a second try door, which as far as I can tell from slow motion cost me about 1.60 sec.

I think i'll upload this one, then go for insanity!

Online Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #386 on: September 18, 2009, 12:42:24 pm »
I'm not posting so much but I read every reply you guys post here, I'm very happy you guys are getting so awesome times :D, especially you Paragod, I really wanted to see a video of Pyramid Cave mission 1.

I have some news: I've noticed something else about this glitch: Since we can pass through this door now, it's possible to get 10-10-20 from the checks, of course it'll be hard to do, I personally think that both mission 1 and 5 RA are harder than any other in this game when we are talking about backtrack, but I'm sure someone will get this one day.

See you guys :D
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 18, 2009, 12:57:10 pm »
Maybe the cut back through the door will work like the one you use to backtrack for the torches if you getme. I had a nice run earlier and then i messed up. i get to the door around 55 seconds and then tske like 20 to get through. I need a video to see how you got 1:52 in the firsty place cause my best was 2:27 without doors

Online Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #388 on: September 18, 2009, 01:20:21 pm »
It indeed work, and it's easier to do than the one after the second check, I can get back from the 3rd check with no problem but I simply can't pass through the door before the second check, and if I do it someday I'll probably lose my rings or die trying to do the last part of the backtrack :(

Offline X-5

« Reply #389 on: September 18, 2009, 01:51:38 pm »
1:52 is just playing the level regularly, without skipping any doors, and highly optimized playing! I had it on tape, but I think I taped over it before I could ever upload :/

If you're curious about target times for 1:35, I hit the second check at 37, get to the door at around 41, jump through at about 45(would be 43 if pulled off on my first try)hit the last check at 59, hit the goal ring at 1:35.

I am going to upload the 1:35 since the door just refuses to work first try, hopefully it will be here later today!

Print

Hits: 453 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.18 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.