don't click here

Test your typing skills- again!

Print

Author Topic: Test your typing skills- again!  (Read 12823 times)

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Test your typing skills- again!
« on: April 27, 2012, 02:54:22 pm »
OK, so I was just reading through the 'Test your typing skills' topic, which may ring a bell for those of you who were around here back in '07, and I though, why not try it again? Users who took the test in the past can compare their current stats with their old stats, and see by how much they have improved (or, God bless them, worsened). Once people start posting I will edit this post and include a leaderboard, ranking those who took part. Seeing as I'm a pretty bad typer (never got taught, never bothered to learn), and use my forefingers for most of the keys, I rest at a satisfactory 48 words per minute.
Anyway, here is the site: http://typera.tk/
Make sure to do 'Sentences, 2 min'! (The sentences are rather odd, don't you agree?).
English is preferable, but if you can type better in another language, then feel free to try that language instead. Unless your language of choice isn't there, to which all I can say is 'Too Baaaaaaaad!'.
Happy typing!

Rankings:
1st: Umbreon (101) Hey, that rhymes!
1st: Werey (73) More rhyming!
2nd: Emerl (86) Kicked down yet again...
4th: Aitamen (68) Emerl's score backwards lol
5th: Judgement (58) Ten less than 4th
6th: danieldude (48) Ten less than 5th lol
7th: BecauseWarAnvil (34) Not bad!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:15:34 pm by danieldude »
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
Re: Test your typing skills- again!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 03:52:07 pm »
Your score: 294 keys per minute ~ 58 words per minute

Bad.  Them some random lines they make you type.
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline DATBOI | War Anvil

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 06:09:55 pm »
171 keys per minute ~ 34 words per minute
Not bad

I agree, Combo.  Although in my case, the sentences weren't too weird. ;)
Hoo~!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 07:08:19 pm »
The true test of typing is Typing of the Dead.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Telnaior

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 11:19:34 pm »
Your score: 431 keys per minute ~ 86 words per minute
^_^

The thing of what I typed didn't even display all of it, so I can't quote it :(

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 08:25:02 am »
I have to agree with RPG, honestly.

But I still took it:
Your score: 340 keys per minute ~ 68 words per minute
Language/mode: en
Ranking: That was fast - you can still improve, though.
Comparison: 23% of 37420 registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 77% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: All you need do is leave them just as they are, call on Lord Halifax two or three months hence, thank him for his kind observation on those passages, and then read them to him as altered. Eight and four is twelve. If, in addition, we can get them to accept the further proposition that whatever form the Deity may have in their own theology, the Deity is not only external, but internal as acts through them, and they themselves give proof or disproof of the Deity in what they do and think; if this further pro It towers above its competition like a giant among dwarfs. In every hierarchy the cream rises until it sours. Recent research has tended to show that the Abominable No-Man is being replaced by the prohibitive

Mistakes: as(and), prohibitive(Prohibitive)

not too shabby... stumbled over Lord Halifax and Deity (3 times...).  Could done better, I think, but I just got up and am a bit shaky.  might try again later *shrugs*
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 02:27:10 pm »
Nice stuff! Keep 'em coming guys (and gals)!
If I get time I may teach myself how to type properly, and hopefully submit a better score, but it's not as easy as it seems (especially since I've bee typing badly all these years).

@RPGnutter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Typingofthedead.jpg Heck Yeah!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:31:23 am by danieldude »
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Offline DATBOI | War Anvil

Guess who just improved?
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 10:23:06 am »
173 keys per minute, and 34 words per minute.

I'D LOVE TO KISS YOU, BUT I JUST WASHED MY HAIR.
Priceless.
Hoo~!

Offline Parax

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 10:44:14 am »
Your score: 508 keys per minute ~ 101 words per minute
Ranking: Very fast.
Comparison: 3% of 37447 registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 97% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: What terrible way to die. Roumanian-Yiddish cooking has killed more Jews than Hitler. Every journalist has a novel in him, which is an excellent place for it. If it's not in the computer, it doesn't exist. Civilization advances by extending the numbers of important opertations which we canp erform without thinking about them. What if nothing exists and we're all in somebody's dream? Unintelligible answers to insoluble problems. Bopth make one feel like a baby clutching at a basketball; one palms keep sliding off. I don't know why they gave me men's shirts but they're going back There forey have few friends. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. There shall be shown a token That Doom is near at hand, for Isildur's Bane shall

Mistakes: opertations(operations), canp(can), erform(perform), Bopth(Both), basketball;(basketball:), one(one's), back(back.), There(Therefore), forey(you), for(For)

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 09:06:33 pm »
Your score: 366 keys per minute ~ 73 words per minute
Ranking: That was fast - you can still improve, though.
Comparison: 18% of 37455 registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 82% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: Where they say you should not wander after dark. e. Don't abandon hope This bear has learned to open car doors in Yosemite, where damage to automobiles caused by bears runs in the tens of thousands of dollars a year. Here I am, fifty-eight, and i still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. So I piped with merry cheer. MInd your own business, Spock. In the land of the dark the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead. He gripped the magician's shoulder hard, to keep from falling. She just came in, pounced around this thing with me for a few years, enjoyed herself, gave it a sort of beautifl quality and left. Ever heard of. Executive ability is deciding quickly and getting somebody else to the the work. I'd pick more

Mistakes: hope(hope.), in(into), i(I), MInd(Mind), ship(Ship), sun(Sun), beautifl(beautiful), the(do)

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Print

Hits: 372 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.09 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.