don't click here

I goofed

Print

Author Topic: I goofed  (Read 4117 times)

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
I goofed
« on: January 01, 2009, 04:09:54 pm »
If you see I got 269 on yoshi's island 3, I misread the clock. It was 209
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline yoshifan

Re: I goofed
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 05:38:19 pm »
Well, that's no big deal.  But for your 363 on Yoshi's Island 2, which of the following did you do?

1) Started as Caped Mario
2) Played on the European SNES version

If 1), there's a rule for Super Mario World saying that you must start the level as small Mario.  The main reason for the rule is that flying from start to finish makes most time attacks boring.

If 2), that reminds me that we need separate charts for the European version.  The timer runs differently, so it's not comparable to the US/JP version at all.

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 02:39:40 pm »
I was playing VC.

Okay, apparently there is no rules topic, so I didn't know I had to start as small mario. I'm stupid.
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline yoshifan

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 05:40:42 pm »
When you click "Submissions", there's a link to the rules page below the boxes where you choose your game and divisions.  I actually miss it all the time, maybe because I'm familiar with submitting or that it's not that obvious - but I'm pretty sure it's both. >_>

Print

Hits: 121 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 988.40 KB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.