don't click here

Best musical throwback ever.

Print

Author Topic: Best musical throwback ever.  (Read 4972 times)

Offline Crowbar

Best musical throwback ever.
« on: April 06, 2008, 11:47:32 am »
Did anybody else notice that Windmill Village Mode 3 and 4 from Sonic Rush Adventure are actually remixes of the options screen music from Sonic 3? (specifically the acapella part)

I think this is awesome.

I also recently realised that part of the Sonic Adventure Invincibility music is a tiny bit like the chorus of You Can Do Anything from Sonic CD.

(yes I know this is trivial and stupid and entirely not worth making a thread about but F U I'M BORED)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 11:54:42 am by Crowbar »

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
Re: Best throwback ever.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 11:59:59 am »
Listening currently.  Haven't gotten that far yet though.

This isn't all that trivial ... we've had threads like this before.  I still say someday we need to compare as much of the music as possible.  The ones I recall are Electric Egg/His World, Green Hill/Dreams of an Absolution, Green Grove/Windy Valley, Panic Puppet/Twinkle Park, and possibly Volcano Valley/Sky Troops.  I also vaguely heard something somewhere about Mystic Cave/Red Mountain but haven't been able to hear it yet.

OK, I heard it.  Pretty cool.  Plus, Mode 4 sounded kinda similar to ... what is it ... What U Need I think.  But yeah, good find.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Crowbar

Re: Best musical throwback ever.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 12:10:22 pm »
I've heard the Green Hill/DoaA claim before, I don't buy it, I think they're just in the same key and maybe have similar chord progressions. They'd certainly sound nice overlaid, though.

Speaking of overlaying, this is obligatory (might have been posted in the last thread, but it's epic so worth reposting).

I also just remembered that Big Swell has a synth line very similar to one from Wrapped In Black (Sonic Rush). The same synth and almost the same melody, just double-timed.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 12:17:35 pm by Crowbar »

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 02:08:54 pm »
I haven't been able to hear the GHZ/DoaA similarities at all, and I love the latter song. Neither did I hear VV/ST, but I'm not so confident with the former.

Did you know Mecha Green Hill Zone is a remix of Green Hills Zone?

Also obligatory Sonic 3 credits/Stranger In Moscow, Ice Cap Zone/Who Is It and Carnival Night Zone/Jam
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 05:06:39 pm »
Yeah, I forgot the Mecha Green Hill/Green Hills/You Can Do Anything comparison.  And, nobody believes me on the Volcano Valley/Sky Troops thing, (BTW Volcano Valley GeneDrive version) but I still insist it's true.

As for the Michael Jackson thing, I know the last half of Sonic 3 has his touch to it.  Thus leading to the question: what did Launch Base come from?
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 08:37:29 pm »
PPA, I can kinda see what you mean about Mecha GHZ.

Not buying VV/ST though. :B

If anybody has time and skillz it'd be cool to get some more overlays like the youtube link I posted (Audacity is a good free app).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:56:53 pm by Crowbar »

Print

Hits: 272 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1015.79 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.